Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

My problems with McCain.

This is something that I have thought about writing for a while now. I really don't want McCain or Obama to be my president, but the fact that one of them is going to be the president in less than six months really makes me nervous.

This is why I don't like John McCain as president. McCain has been the Senator of Arizona for 20 years and they are the dumbest state in America.http://www.morganquitno.com/edrank.htm This is something that says a lot to me in terms of what he considers important. In my opinion the education of the children of this country is one of the most important issues facing us today. We are falling behind other countries in terms of our education system, and that is something that i would really like to see changed. Our universities are great, but the public education system is seriously faltering compared to other countries.

He says he "Knows how to win wars" but hasn't had any kind of position in the military in almost 30 years. War has changed a lot since then, so what makes him think that he is still an expert in military techniques.

McCain cheated on his first wife numerous times, and although he has accepted blame for it, that kind of blatant disrespect for someone you vowed to love and cherish for the rest of your life is something that is not to be taken lightly in my eyes. This shows bad judgement on McCains part.

The Keating 5 scandal is something that is not talked about much in this election campaign. McCain was embroiled in that scandal and it cost US taxpayers about $124.6 billion. That's not a small number. McCain was cleared of any improprieties, but was said to have used "bad judgement." that is not someone that I want as my president.

John McCain derides all the lobbying going on in Washington all the while having lobbyists surrounding him in his presidential campaign.(Charlie Black, Rick Davis, Mark Buse, Christopher Koch) Two of those lobbyists have resigned from his campaign and it could be chalked up to naivety, but overall shows bad judgement.

During his term in the 110th US congress John McCain has missed 63% of the votes. The next closest is Tim Johnson from SD, who had a brain hemmorhage that caused him to spend months in the hospital, with 50% missed. I understand that he is running for president

These are the main reasons why John McCain will not receive my vote come November. Over the course of the last 30 years he has consistently shown bad judgement. That is the worst quality to have in a president if you ask me.

I'm not by any means saying that Barack Obama is the answer to all our issues, but I believe that he could not by any stretch of the imagination, be worse than McCain. We are stuck choosing the lesser of 2 evils, and I believe that person is Obama. I wish we had another better choice, but we really don't.
    Last edited by jenk2722; 07-28-2008 at 03:54 PM.
    Brewers Fans Come Join The Fun
    "When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die." - Jean-Paul Sartre

Infiltrating Hippie Southwestern Command Center
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenk2722 View Post
    This is something that I have thought about writing for a while now. I really don't want McCain or Obama to be my president, but the fact that one of them is going to be the president in less than six months really makes me nervous.

This is why I don't like John McCain as president. McCain has been the Senator of Arizona for 20 years and they are the dumbest state in America.http://www.morganquitno.com/edrank.htm This is something that says a lot to me in terms of what he considers important. In my opinion the education of the children of this country is one of the most important issues facing us today. We are falling behind other countries in terms of our education system, and that is something that i would really like to see changed. Our universities are great, but the public education system is seriously faltering compared to other countries.

the fact that he is from Arizona and most of the people are poor (in rural areas) and a lot are illegal aliens (compared to most other states, besides CA)that come here and dont know english might have something to do with it...

He says he "Knows how to win wars" but hasn't had any kind of position in the military in almost 30 years. War has changed a lot since then, so what makes him think that he is still an expert in military techniques.

McCains a current member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, and was a naval trained officer and graduated Annapolis... why would you bring this up? its not like obama has ANY military experience

McCain cheated on his first wife numerous times, and although he has accepted blame for it, that kind of blatant disrespect for someone you vowed to love and cherish for the rest of your life is something that is not to be taken lightly in my eyes. This shows bad judgement on McCains part.

The Keating 5 scandal is something that is not talked about much in this election campaign. McCain was embroiled in that scandal and it cost US taxpayers about $124.6 billion. That's not a small number. McCain was cleared of any improprieties, but was said to have used "bad judgement." that is not someone that I want as my president.

bad judgement.. kinda like obama NOT supoprting the surge and even now that it is working says he still would oppose it if he had to vote for it again

John McCain derides all the lobbying going on in Washington all the while having lobbyists surrounding him in his presidential campaign.(Charlie Black, Rick Davis, Mark Buse, Christopher Koch) Two of those lobbyists have resigned from his campaign and it could be chalked up to naivety, but overall shows bad judgement.

if you think obama isnt surrounded by people pulling strings......

During his term in the 110th US congress John McCain has missed 63% of the votes. The next closest is Tim Johnson from SD, who had a brain hemmorhage that caused him to spend months in the hospital, with 50% missed. I understand that he is running for president

how many votes did obama cast for Afghanistan? how many hearings did he show up for.. oh yeah.. and forget the fact that he was a senator for 143 days before announcing himself for running for president...

These are the main reasons why John McCain will not receive my vote come November. Over the course of the last 30 years he has consistently shown bad judgment. That is the worst quality to have in a president if you ask me.

ummmm more specifics please... and at least mccain HAS a record... 143 days as a senator hardly qualifies you as commander in chief of the most powerful country in the world at a time when world war 3 could erupt if Iran nukes Israel... id rather someone be there who not getting on the job training..

I'm not by any means saying that Barack Obama is the answer to all our issues, but I believe that he could not by any stretch of the imagination, be worse than McCain. We are stuck choosing the lesser of 2 evils, and I believe that person is Obama. I wish we had another better choice, but we really don't.

you do have a choice... you could stay at home and not vote
    !
    Last edited by Doc Fluty; 07-28-2008 at 04:25 PM.

vCash
    jenk there is an old saying i think that says that people who are too dumb to make it in the real world become politicians.... this is why you never have the smartest people running....

the answer is still clear to me..... i disagree with obama too much to ever want to vote for him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Fluty View Post
    you do have a choice... you could stay at home and not vote
    And I'm seriously considering doing that. Both of these candidates suck seriously, but I believe that Obama sucks a little bit less. McCain is someone that is getting by based on his military experience alone IMO. People want to feel safe right now, and they believe that someone that was in the military will lead them to safety. The problem with that mindset though is that any time that your country is at war, there is no way that you should feel safe. We are fighting a war that cannot be won by military means. If anyone seriously thinks that we can go around the world and wipe out every terrorist movement is seriously brain dead. The only way to fight this is to change the way we look at our foreign affairs. John McCain seems to have the same outlook that GW had. "If your not with us, your against us." In my belief that is a seriously flawed view.

McCain has showed poor judgement by cheating on his wife, being involved with Charles Keating Jr., and putting 4 major lobbyists on his presidential campaign. Infidelity in a relationship is the ultimate form of betrayal IMO, and shows a true lack of character.

If you noticed at the end of my post i said that Obama is not the answer to our issues. We need a president not a politician, but that's all we are stuck with now days. We don't have senators or congressman, we have politicians.
    Brewers Fans Come Join The Fun
    "When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die." - Jean-Paul Sartre

vCash
    http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalra...g-gate-ex.html

Just wanted to point out that McCain's subcommittee hearing record on Afghanistan is actually worse than Obama's. Fox News and Rush probably didn't mention that though...
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    McCain has been the Senator of Arizona for 20 years and they are the dumbest state in America
    I live in Arizona.

I would bet that I am smarter than you. This isn't meant to be offensive, or arrogant on my part. I just resent the generalization, especially since I live in Arizona.

Our kids don't do so well on standardized tests because...well, they can't speak english. My mom's a teacher here. She teaches a lot of illegal immigrants who are WAY behind grade level.

Infiltrating Hippie Southwestern Command Center
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    I live in Arizona.

I would bet that I am smarter than you. This isn't meant to be offensive, or arrogant on my part. I just resent the generalization, especially since I live in Arizona.

Our kids don't do so well on standardized tests because...well, they can't speak english. My mom's a teacher here. She teaches a lot of illegal immigrants who are WAY behind grade level.
    haha.. see my semi-racist stereotypical answer up about this there was right
    Last edited by Doc Fluty; 07-29-2008 at 02:20 AM.

vCash
    My problem with McCain is that he's a poor candidate. I have a huge amount of respect for what he has done in the past, but that's exactly the point. He is yesterday's candidate. If the Republicans had any vision eight years ago, he might have made a good candidate then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    I live in Arizona.

I had to laugh at Illinois being 35th on that list. OMG teh kidz in illinoy ar dum two!

vCash
    Kind of interesting stat, 13 of the top third of states on that list support Obama according to the poll data.

8 of the bottom third support McCain.

And the middle third of the country has 6 (the majority) of the battleground states (there are only ten states that poll inside of the MoE).
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information