Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,538
    vCash
    1500

    Weird issue with my computer

    Hey guys, I was hoping someone would have experienced this or know what to do. My one computer will not boot up. When I start it just sits there and lets out the 2 or 3 second beeps about 2 or 3 seconds apart from each other. Nothing comes up on the screen. It doesn't even appear it is going to dos. The only way to stop it from happening is to unplug it. Unfortunately when you plug it back it back in it keeps beeping and the fans start up. Eventually like a week or two later it will go back to working like normal. Has anyone ever heard or seen this? Do you have any idea what the problem is? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Atlanta GA~Originally Bronx NY
    Posts
    26,048
    vCash
    1500
    Never heard of this.... I know my computer does this when I have my mp3 player plugged into the usb drive EVERY TIME. When I have discs in the drive it does it SOMETIMES but I just figured it was a glitch

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    27,304
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSteve View Post
    Hey guys, I was hoping someone would have experienced this or know what to do. My one computer will not boot up. When I start it just sits there and lets out the 2 or 3 second beeps about 2 or 3 seconds apart from each other. Nothing comes up on the screen. It doesn't even appear it is going to dos. The only way to stop it from happening is to unplug it. Unfortunately when you plug it back it back in it keeps beeping and the fans start up. Eventually like a week or two later it will go back to working like normal. Has anyone ever heard or seen this? Do you have any idea what the problem is? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Well, what make is your computer?

    The beeps should be a diagnostic code, but what it means depends on your bios. But if you aren't getting any image, there are two likely possiblities(and a couple very unlikely ones.)

    The most likely is a video card failure. It likely needs to be replaced. Is it on the motherboard or is it a seperate card?

    The second most likely is a memory error. You'd have to replace the ram(or re-order it).

    Beyond that, it could be a serious problem with the motherboard or the processor, but that is rather unlikely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foamy
    It wouldn't hurt you to think like a serial killer every onced in a while, just for the sake of prevention

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Atlanta GA~Originally Bronx NY
    Posts
    26,048
    vCash
    1500
    kirel aint seen you around here in a while

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    31,937
    vCash
    1500
    I know the answer to your problem...get a Mac.


    Slap Hands!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    27,304
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    I know the answer to your problem...get a Mac.
    That's not an answer to any problem. Mac Hardware is virtually identical, and this is almost certainly a hardware problem.

    The difference is that it'll probably cost $100 to fix for the PC and $400 to fix on a Mac.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foamy
    It wouldn't hurt you to think like a serial killer every onced in a while, just for the sake of prevention

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    27,304
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dburch1102 View Post
    kirel aint seen you around here in a while
    I pop in and out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foamy
    It wouldn't hurt you to think like a serial killer every onced in a while, just for the sake of prevention

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,538
    vCash
    1500
    The problem does not seem to be a permanent problem, it just happens on occasions. It is doing it right now and I am using my buddies computer. Not sure on much of the technical aspect, but here is what I do know. Its an HP Pavilion m7750n. Its a full media center (records TV and what not through built in ports). It has Windows Vista on it that is fully up to date and I use McAfee virus software. The virus software never picked up anything wrong with it, but I am still having this issue. Me and my old roommate both used it for loading music on to our IPods, but I have never left the cable plug in after I was finished. Not sure what else I can say. After I plug it in the system just starts beeping with the fans running and sends no signal to the monitor. The computer is less an a year old and I have been having this problem for a couple months now.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    27,304
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSteve View Post
    The problem does not seem to be a permanent problem, it just happens on occasions. It is doing it right now and I am using my buddies computer. Not sure on much of the technical aspect, but here is what I do know. Its an HP Pavilion m7750n. Its a full media center (records TV and what not through built in ports). It has Windows Vista on it that is fully up to date and I use McAfee virus software. The virus software never picked up anything wrong with it, but I am still having this issue. Me and my old roommate both used it for loading music on to our IPods, but I have never left the cable plug in after I was finished. Not sure what else I can say. After I plug it in the system just starts beeping with the fans running and sends no signal to the monitor. The computer is less an a year old and I have been having this problem for a couple months now.
    Is it one long beep and two shorter ones?
    Quote Originally Posted by Foamy
    It wouldn't hurt you to think like a serial killer every onced in a while, just for the sake of prevention

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,538
    vCash
    1500
    It will be 2 beeps about 2 seconds long and about 2 seconds apart. Then after about 3 or 4 seconds it does it again.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Atlanta GA~Originally Bronx NY
    Posts
    26,048
    vCash
    1500
    like kirel said something seems shot. Power go out or something while you had it on?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    31,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirel View Post
    That's not an answer to any problem. Mac Hardware is virtually identical, and this is almost certainly a hardware problem.

    The difference is that it'll probably cost $100 to fix for the PC and $400 to fix on a Mac.
    Well all I can say that is my Mac has never screwed up, and the multiple PC's that I and my family have had mess up within the first year.


    Slap Hands!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Gainesville, VA
    Posts
    5,551
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    Well all I can say that is my Mac has never screwed up, and the multiple PC's that I and my family have had mess up within the first year.
    I have 5 PC's running, some I've had for about 4 years and I have no problems. I have had a total of about 30 machines in my house over the last 15 years that have either been recycled, given away, parted into a new machine or otherwise and never had a problem beyond a hard drive getting old and failing (which a Mac will do to).

    Unless you have something useful to add, there is no point in coming in here and trying to tell him to switch to Mac.
    oh my god! did you hear? Alex Rodriguez left a floater and didn't do a double flush!!! someone alert the media this must be news!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Atlanta GA~Originally Bronx NY
    Posts
    26,048
    vCash
    1500
    that burn hurt?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    1,584
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    I know the answer to your problem...get a Mac.
    Yup and then when anything breaks at your house you won't need a tool because you are one!

    But really make sure it's not dusty on the inside and over heating.
    The Hoss in action

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •