Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should the Dodgers use Ethier for a trade?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 17.14%
  • No

29 82.86%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade Ethier?

vCash

Trade Ethier?

Should the Dodgers trade Andre Ethier?

I would hate for them to do so, and I think he should be starting, but if our outfield is going to consist of Jones, Kemp and Pierre, I think Either is too valuable to keep on the bench. I would like us to land a serious pitcher like Halladay or Liriano and I think he maybe the key to a trade like that. Ok beat me up.

vCash
    no, he's our second best outfielder.
    I dislike Juan Pierre in the Dodgers lineup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by colyer4 View Post
    Should the Dodgers trade Andre Ethier?

I would hate for them to do so, and I think he should be starting, but if our outfield is going to consist of Jones, Kemp and Pierre, I think Either is too valuable to keep on the bench. I would like us to land a serious pitcher like Halladay or Liriano and I think he maybe the key to a trade like that. Ok beat me up.
    I've been on record for a long time saying he's a keeper!

vCash
    I want to keep him, but if he is fourth in our line of outfielders, then...

I think he's one of our best too, but I don't get to write the line up.

vCash
    look how quickly someone can go down to injury - both jones and pierre have missed multiple weeks this season. If we trade ethier and this happens again then what? Were **** out of luck thats what. Ethier is second best offense OF and arguably the best all around defensive OF (i think jones still has him beat). Its inexcusable that ethier sits while Jones plays - INEXCUSABLE. Is there another team in baseball that would bench the guy tied for the team lead in jacks for a guy with 2? I dont think so . . .
    "Easy fly ball to Kemp . . . if there is such a thing!" - Vin Scully

vCash
    While I would hate to see Either go, I think we probably have no choice. He certainly is our 2nd best OF and he should be starting everyday. BUT because of Torre's asinine thinking, Either keeps ending up on the bench while worthless Pierre and Jones keep playing. So, the reason we should go ahead and trade Either, is because Either is PISSED and will walk the first chance at FA (which I don't blame him). The guy has done everything asked of him, plus he has been our best defensive OF with a cannon for an arm. But he gets no love whatsoever from the coaches. He is to good a guy to have to put up with this crap.

vCash
    You do not trade a player like Ethier.

Jones is in the lineup because Torre thinks that if he turns it around, he will be the best player on the team, slamming HRs galore and be the RBI machine that Jones of the past once was. I am afraid though that Jones is unable AND unwilling to step it up and show some hustle to break out of whatever funk he is in. Why bother with a player unwilling to show that he cares.

Ethier comes to play, bottom line...you do not trade him and allow a player like Jones to stay and set the tone for the rest of the team.

vCash
    you asked for a beating and you got off easy...

but really... what the hell is wrong with you?

vCash
    I want to keep him, but if he is fourth in our line of outfielders, then...

I think he's one of our best too, but I don't get to write the line up.
    I don't think he's fourth in line, I can't see us playing Jones ahead of Andre for much longer. At least we better not!

vCash
    I don't want him traded, I want Jones on the bench and him starting, but I don't make the line up. If Torre is not going to start him on a regular basis the he is worth more to us as a trade. With this outfield, if Torre keeps it the way it is, It will be the 2010 season before he gets a chance to play everyday. I just can't see keeping him with Repko and Young to serve as backups.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgerBlue82 View Post
    I don't think he's fourth in line, I can't see us playing Jones ahead of Andre for much longer. At least we better not!
    I hope not too, but my point is what if we do. What if Torre refuses to put his $16 million tub of lard on the bench, and Andre is the odd man out.

vCash
    I hope not too, but my point is what if we do. What if Torre refuses to put his $16 million tub of lard on the bench, and Andre is the odd man out.
    If that is teh case then yes we should trade him but we better be getting some value for him and not a Jack Wilson type trade

vCash
    No, you play him everyday with Kemp.

vCash
    Ethier is in the line up today in lieu of Jones.

vCash
    I'd trade any of our minor league and non-starting position players before trading Ethier. Either IS, the rest are maybes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast