Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    Yes you can use two goalies, but not two who have the contracts that the Blackhawks goalies have. Also, in regards to Osgood and Hasek, there was no doubt going into last year that Hasek was their goalie. He fell apart and Osgood picked up their slack. Yes it turned out well, but by the end of it they only had one goalie really and that was Osgood. My point is that you can't use them both at the same time. It is like paying 12 million a year for 1 player, its outrageous. If we have Huet and Crawford for example, that would be like paying 6 million a year for a player...much better if you ask me. Because you know Huet, as any goaltender, isn't going to be playing all 82 games. If we can't trade Khabi then we are going to get weaker somewhere else. If we trade Khabi we don't get weaker, only stronger for the future, compared to trading Barker, Lang, Havlat where we would get weaker right away if we traded them because the guys brought up to take their place could not fill their shoes.

Its true ... and i think we need to get Crawford up there and playing as soon as possible. He may get impatient with the whole golie situation in Chicago. We dont want to break his spirits here. He looked pretty good in the games that he played last year, so i think he may be ready.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WillyBeamon View Post
    Its true ... and i think we need to get Crawford up there and playing as soon as possible. He may get impatient with the whole golie situation in Chicago. We dont want to break his spirits here. He looked pretty good in the games that he played last year, so i think he may be ready.
    Niemi isnt too far away from Crawford right now

Boom, I understand agree with you on the whole goalie situation and the money they both make but whether we like it or not, Tallon may keep 13 mm in the net.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    @Beamon - Crawford becomes our backup next year if Bulin isn't dealt. I don't necessarily think he's going to get frustrated by having another year with the AHL team. Heck, look at what happened to Kari Lehtonen with the Wolves/Thrashers. He had a great year, was dominant and Atlanta mortgaged their future by bringing him in and handing him the #1 job with the big club. It didn't work out well at all.

Now I'm not saying Crawford = Lehtonen, but Corey is still young and will get his chance soon enough. Another year of AHL seasoning probably won't hurt.

That being said, not moving a big contract is the most disappointing thing so far. Whether its Havlat, Lang or Bulin, somebody needs to go. Being under the cap is a necessity for this year and going forward. We need to have some space to sign our blue chips (Keith, Kane, Toews) to long term deals and we need some room to breathe for the next few seasons. I know that we'll have some space after 08-09 when those 3 all come off the books, but we do not want to end up like New Jersey, being constantly near the cap ceiling and struggling to bring in a free agent that makes sense for our club year after year.

Otherwise, Tallon gets high marks from me this off-season. I've been a big Brian Campbell supporter for 2 years and was always hoping to get him in a Hawks sweater. And we also got the best goalie available, so you can't argue too much with his FA signings so far.
    Last edited by Hoorock; 07-29-2008 at 01:53 PM.

vCash
    I would really like to see Lang and Havlat both moved at some point soon. Lang is over paid and is completely one dimensional. He plays well in the offensive zone but is a liability defensively and turns the puck over way to often in the neutral zone on a young team. I keep praying that Havlat will stay healthy long enough for him to be packaged in a deal with a couple of prospects for a one of this season's disgruntled stars (Kovalchuk???). It's a long shot for Havlat to regain much trade value at all but I can pray right?

http://www.360Elite4free.com/index.php?ref=3943971

Sign up using this link to get a free Xbox 360 Elite. Set up your account as a referal account. Then select Instant Offers and choose one of those to do and complete the offer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12