Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Looks about right. I see obama moving in in georga, and mccain picking up indiana. But i think obama will will in most of the toss ups. Even though its close im calling it as Obama and Mcain are very close in the popular vote BUT obama landslide wins in the electoral vote.

"... Hanley Ramirez didn't exactly master Double A in 2005. I'm skeptical that he'll even become an average shortstop in the Majors."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IS27NY View Post
    I wait til the actual election goes down.....a website or t.v. show can spin many things lets wait because remember four years ago a man named John Kerry was ahead in the polls at this time, but look what happened to him....
    That was only the post-convention bump. Before that, and after that, Bush was always ahead.

Furthermore, the electoral projections and intrade pretty much had the race nailed at this point already.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    The real clear politics map has moved Minnesota from leaning Obama to a Toss Up, leaving it 228 Obama, 163 McCain and 147 Toss Up.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...ama_vs_mccain/

Infiltrating Hippie Southwestern Command Center
    vCash
    thats i nice link you put up there b1

it also had this article on there...

Russia rolls over Georgia, Hillary Clinton does the same to Barack Obama. Now we know who's boss.

Obama blinked and stands guilty of appeasing Clinton by agreeing to a roll call vote for her nomination. That he might not have had much choice if he wanted peace only proves the point that he's playing defense at his own convention.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/...y_faceoff.html

vCash

The Obama camp offered that deal to Hillary - she wasn't even pushing for it. The ONLY hangup in their negotiations about how to handle the convention involved dealing with her most radical supporters - which is a very small group - who might actually try to stage a protest on the floor or something. 95% of the reporting about the talks between the Obama and Hillary camps about all that were WAY off the mark. Don't believe the hype.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post

The Obama camp offered that deal to Hillary - she wasn't even pushing for it. The ONLY hangup in their negotiations about how to handle the convention involved dealing with her most radical supporters - which is a very small group - who might actually try to stage a protest on the floor or something. 95% of the reporting about the talks between the Obama and Hillary camps about all that were WAY off the mark. Don't believe the hype.
    DB, i have a question for you. Now, I admit that I've paid little attention to the DNC, so I don't claim to know all the facts. However, I was wondering how you come up with "95% of the reporting about the talks between the Obama and Hillary camps about all that were Way off the mark". I mean, where you privy to these talks? I don't get how one could say such a thing with out some bold proof that I'm sure you have. So, I'll wait for you to submit it here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    DB, i have a question for you. Now, I admit that I've paid little attention to the DNC, so I don't claim to know all the facts. However, I was wondering how you come up with "95% of the reporting about the talks between the Obama and Hillary camps about all that were Way off the mark". I mean, where you privy to these talks? I don't get how one could say such a thing with out some bold proof that I'm sure you have. So, I'll wait for you to submit it here.
    Because 95% of the reporting (for example, the piece by Maureen Dowd that pretty much reflected the conventional wisdom on the matter) was suggesting that Hillary was engaged in some kind of underhanded plot to sabotage the convention and go back on her word that she would be supporting Obama to the fullest extent. And that's total bull****. All that was going on was that both camps - Hillary's and Obama's - wanted to be inclusive of her supporters in a meaningful way, and it just took them some time to hammer out the details, and it was actually Obama who offered to Hillary to put her name up for nomination, and she who said that she in turn would encourage her supporters to vote for him anyways. So all the hyped up "drama" that was supposed to be going on behind the scenes never happened, although you'd never know it from watching the news because nearly everything that was reported suggested the contrary.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    I wasn't sure where to post this, but it does reference polling, so figured I'd put it in here. It's David Gergen's (who I think is one of the most unbiased political analysists out there) blog. He brings up the possibility (although does not say it is) of the tide turning McCain's way.
    http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2008/08/1...-tide-turning/

Also, the RCP polls still have there map as 228 Obama 163 McCain and 147 Toss Up.

As Gergen references, the raw data with no toss ups has closed a lot and is 275 Obama and 263 McCain. (Of course we are talking about small margins here, "statistically insignificant", but the race does seem to be tightening)
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...mccain/?map=10
    Last edited by b1e9a8r5s; 08-19-2008 at 01:03 AM.

vCash
    As a result of the latest North Carolina poll coming out (McCain +6), the RCP map has moved North Carolina from "Toss Up" to leaning McCain. That leaves the total at 228 Obama 178 McCain 132 Toss Up. All indications seem to be that the race is tightening.

vCash
    Wow, some interesting polls today....seems the McCain momentum is continuing.

National
    Obama +1 (Rasmussen Tracking)
    Obama +2 (LA Times/Bloomberg)
    McCain +5 (Reuters/Zogby)
    McCain +1 (Battleground)

Florida
    McCain +2 (Rasmussen)

Ohio
    McCain +6 (Rasmussen)

Missouri
    McCain +10 (PPP)

Iowa