Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Fox’s Kilmeade confuses bin Laden and Obama twice in five seconds

On today’s Brian and the Judge radio show, Fox News host Brian Kilmeade twice confused Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) and Osama bin Laden — within five seconds. Even after catching himself, Kilmeade immediately makes the mistake again:

KILMEADE: Michael, first off, is Bin Laden — excuse me, uh, is Osama — uh, is Barack Obama right when he says the central location of the war on terror is in Afghanistan?
    Source: Thinkprogress.org

The link has a 13 second youtube clip with the second paragraph being said.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    I think this goes in the gaffe/mistake thread.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    It's just a coincidence, that network has no previous history of promoting or inciting this type of talk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    I think this goes in the gaffe/mistake thread.
    Do you mean the "Campaign Bloopers" thread, if so i did consider that but i thought that was just for things the candidates said themselves. If that is not the case then i will ask Den to merge this into it.

vCash
    Yeah that's the one. Maybe you're right though about it just being about what's come directly out of the candidates mouths.

In that case we could start a "morons in the media thread." I'm sure it would come close to break records for the longest thread on PSD.

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."

vCash

In that case we could start a "morons in the media thread." I'm sure it would come close to break records for the longest thread on PSD.
    Or we could start a Fox Neutrality thread and it would be similar, no?

vCash
    Yeah that's the one. Maybe you're right though about it just being about what's come directly out of the candidates mouths.

That would certainly be worth considering. I will send Den a PM about it.

vCash
    PM, received as you know, DB, and let me just copy here what I replied there:

Well, thanks for passing the idea along. We'll see... My main fear would be that some people might just start posting any videos of news commentary they disagree with and say, "Look at this moron", etc. But it's something to think about.
    I wouldn't mind having a thread like this if people would actually have the self restraint to limit the posts to objectively verifiable screw ups/blunders/lies/etc. and didn't just use it to repeatedly say "What an idiot!", "What a moron!", etc. until the thread had to be closed anyways.

What do you think, people?
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post

I wouldn't mind having a thread like this if people would actually have the self restraint to limit the posts to objectively verifiable screw ups/blunders/lies/etc. and didn't just use it to repeatedly say "What an idiot!", "What a moron!", etc. until the thread had to be closed anyways.

vCash
    What an idiot!

oh my god! did you hear? Alex Rodriguez left a floater and didn't do a double flush!!! someone alert the media this must be news!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post
    PM, received as you know, DB, and let me just copy here what I replied there:

Well, if someone kept an eye on it to keep it on topic, it would be quite amusing.

vCash
    Well, if someone kept an eye on it to keep it on topic, it would be quite amusing.

Yeah, true, but my only problem with that is that "someone" is "me".

But hell, if we want to try this, we can. Worst that could happen is it doesn't work and it gets deleted (with hopefully minimal infractions being dealt out in the process).
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    I find it odd that the conservative mouthpieces on this site don't comment in blatantly obvious example threads like this.