Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 38
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    16,952
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHawk1123 View Post
    Just for future reference... It is Asante Samuel... No "S" on the end to make it Samuels... I normally wouldn't say anything and be a dick but its like the 400th time I have seen it on this site...

    Anyways... Overrated WR's...

    Terrell Owens
    Donald Driver
    Plaxico Burress
    Lee Evans
    Hines Ward
    I haven't seen enough of Driver to comment, and I agree on Owens and Evans, but where do you get your argument that Burress and Ward are overrated.

    I saw you mention that you feel his production comes from his height and he doesn't have talent otherwise, but do you watch him play to come to that conclusion?

    Burress is one of very few WRs in the NFL left who catch the ball with their hands. He comes back to the ball instead of waiting, he goes up and gets the ball at the highest point. He runs crisp routes by NFL standards and great routes for NFL standards for someone of his size. He'll go across the middle and he can even make stuff happen after the catch. Sure his height is absolutely wonderful to have, but he is a great WR and IMO one of, if not the best, WR in the NFL. Not to hate on Eli, but give Burress to Brady or Manning and you have him putting up the same stats Moss did last year, even with an injured ankle.

    Ward is another WR who I find it hard to call overrated. He is one of the few WRs left in the NFL who really put effort and pride into blocking. He was a large factor in the outside running production of FWP since the steelers had a bad OLine last year. Hines Ward is a tough mother****er. He will go across the middle and make a catch. He catches the ball with his hands and will take a hit. He runs nice routes and he will go out there every play and give all he's got.

    I'd like to hear your arguments on both players and a more elaborate one on Burress other than his height is reason for all production.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    24,927
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEric View Post
    Personally I feel that Randy Moss is overrated. I think he is overrated, that doesn't meen I said he sucks, but he did have the best QB throwing to him... I was also never a big TO fan either. I know I'm going to be bashed for writing this, but those 2 get so much hype and I don't think they are the 2 best recievers in the league.
    randy moss isnt overrated. lol.
    he catches just about anything near him. and has ridiculous speed for someone that big.
    its not just your "magical" tom brady that makes him good.
    he was one of the best WR'ers for years before ever going to the pats.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    16,832
    vCash
    2875
    Terrell Owens
    Donald Driver
    Plaxico Burress
    Lee Evans
    Hines Ward

    No way that Hines Ward and Driver are Overrated. They are Top-Half of Underrates Wideouts. Donald Driver has been the man for so many years and gets no love. Hes like Marvin Harrison

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    8,052
    vCash
    1500
    I wouldn't put Donald Driver in there, as I think he is the Most Underrated reciever in the league.My list

    Terrell Owens
    Donte Stallworth
    Joey Galloway

    Chris Houston's world, you just living in it

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    109
    vCash
    1500
    To me i think its Donte Stallworth and Steve Smith on the Panthers XD

  6. #21
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    174
    vCash
    1500
    roddy white

  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,347
    vCash
    1500
    Wow I haven't been on the NFL board long but in the national media Lee Evans and every other Bill not named Marshawn Lynch is underrated

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    16,037
    vCash
    1500
    Moss and T.O lmao.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,985
    vCash
    1500
    The most underrated WR in the league is Colston...at least Driver has been to pro bowls. Plex was overrated until this year, when he, finally, reached his potential. Moss isn't overrated, just his route running...post and fly patterns, baby! TO? Sorry ya'll, TO is far from overrated, even as a complete douchebag who drops the ball more than anyone (unless your name is Devery Henderson!).

    Here is my list and reasoning behind it.

    Jerry Porter - Here's a case of being more flash than ***. He's never going to be a good player...but he talks just enough to make people THINK he will be.

    Donte Stallworth - I hate him...seriously. He's a complete flop with 4.3 speed...which means he'll always be overpaid by some team looking for a Split End. The Pats cut him after one year!

    Larry Fitz - This guy isn't even the best WR on his team. He will never play up to his contract...and that contract killed his team this year. Yeah, I'm just going to wait to restructure my deal AFTER most of the FA's sign with other teams. He should be throwing some serious cash at Boldin...because he wouldn't be **** without him being on the other side of the field.

    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    I'd take Mingo over Jones too guess I'm an idiot too.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    24,927
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MT3279 View Post
    The most underrated WR in the league is Colston...at least Driver has been to pro bowls. Plex was overrated until this year, when he, finally, reached his potential. Moss isn't overrated, just his route running...post and fly patterns, baby! TO? Sorry ya'll, TO is far from overrated, even as a complete douchebag who drops the ball more than anyone (unless your name is Devery Henderson!).

    Here is my list and reasoning behind it.

    Jerry Porter - Here's a case of being more flash than ***. He's never going to be a good player...but he talks just enough to make people THINK he will be.

    Donte Stallworth - I hate him...seriously. He's a complete flop with 4.3 speed...which means he'll always be overpaid by some team looking for a Split End. The Pats cut him after one year!

    Larry Fitz - This guy isn't even the best WR on his team. He will never play up to his contract...and that contract killed his team this year. Yeah, I'm just going to wait to restructure my deal AFTER most of the FA's sign with other teams. He should be throwing some serious cash at Boldin...because he wouldn't be **** without him being on the other side of the field.
    larry fitzgerald crushed boldin in production last year.
    you think he would be nothing w/o boldin? thats funny, he had 432 and 2tds in the 4 games boldin missed last year.
    hes bigger, and faster than boldin. and has more tds in less games. and a better YPC.
    Last edited by cambovenzi; 08-02-2008 at 01:22 PM.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,985
    vCash
    1500
    I absolutely think he's nothing without Boldin. Just because someone has better attributes doesn't mean he's a better Receiver. Oh, and way to address the other half of my statement concerning his contract. He's getting paid 10 million a freaking year. You telling me he's worth that?! He's SUPPOSED to be getting 100 yards per game and he should be scoring more than 2 TDs in 4 games. The only reason Boldin doesn't match him stat for stat is because he's the guy that goes across the middle and takes the hits. He's the blue collar flanker. Not some punkass Randy Moss ripoff that is a detriment to his team. Boldin isn't holding his team hostage with his contract, Fitz did and will continue to do so.

    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    I'd take Mingo over Jones too guess I'm an idiot too.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    24,927
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MT3279 View Post
    I absolutely think he's nothing without Boldin. Just because someone has better attributes doesn't mean he's a better Receiver. Oh, and way to address the other half of my statement concerning his contract. He's getting paid 10 million a freaking year. You telling me he's worth that?! He's SUPPOSED to be getting 100 yards per game and he should be scoring more than 2 TDs in 4 games. The only reason Boldin doesn't match him stat for stat is because he's the guy that goes across the middle and takes the hits. He's the blue collar flanker. Not some punkass Randy Moss ripoff that is a detriment to his team. Boldin isn't holding his team hostage with his contract, Fitz did and will continue to do so.
    offfield issues and contarcts have nothing to do with who is an amazing WR.
    fitzgerald is an amazing WR, with great #'s. with or without boldin.

    he "should" be scoring more than 2 tds in 4 games.
    sorry thats such a low number, in a small sample size
    he had more tds in less games than anquan boldin.

    1400 yds and 10 tds in 15 games.
    one of the best WRers in the game.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,985
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cambovenzi View Post
    offfield issues and contarcts have nothing to do with who is an amazing WR.
    fitzgerald is an amazing WR, with great #'s. with or without boldin.

    he "should" be scoring more than 2 tds in 4 games.
    sorry thats such a low number, in a small sample size
    he had more tds in less games than anquan boldin.

    1400 yds and 10 tds in 15 games.
    one of the best WRers in the game.
    Actually, what he's getting paid makes him even more overrated because of how much he's getting paid compared to other WR's and where he's rated amongst them. But you knew this and it doesn't help your argument so you left that bit out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    I'd take Mingo over Jones too guess I'm an idiot too.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    24,927
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MT3279 View Post
    Actually, what he's getting paid makes him even more overrated because of how much he's getting paid compared to other WR's and where he's rated amongst them. But you knew this and it doesn't help your argument so you left that bit out.
    hes one of the best wr'ers in the league.
    ofcourse he is paid well. and deservedly so.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Menasha, WI
    Posts
    1,141
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SamG187 View Post
    Overrated-Donte Stallworth
    Who's ever overrated Donte Stallworth? He's a solid #2 WR at best, nothing that special.

    Lifelong/Loyal/Loving GREEN BAY PACKERS FAN.
    BrewCityBuck = Excellence in Posting.
    AIM - BrewCityBuck2005

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •