Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,173
    vCash
    1500

    Which WR's do you find to be overrated?

    Personally I feel that Randy Moss is overrated. I think he is overrated, that doesn't meen I said he sucks, but he did have the best QB throwing to him... I was also never a big TO fan either. I know I'm going to be bashed for writing this, but those 2 get so much hype and I don't think they are the 2 best recievers in the league.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    17,248
    vCash
    1150
    romo, asante samuels adrian peterson and patrick willis

    im a big AD fan but one year where you got injured proves nothing but the fact that you are set to get injured more sam with willis - injury

    theres no doubt that these 2 have the potential and in all likely hood will be stars but you cannot say for sure after one year

    and romo and samuels are straight up overrated

    ohhhh i missed WR

    all wide receivers are overrated without a QB who can throw the ball

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,524
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    romo, asante samuels adrian peterson and patrick willis

    im a big AD fan but one year where you got injured proves nothing but the fact that you are set to get injured more sam with willis - injury

    theres no doubt that these 2 have the potential and in all likely hood will be stars but you cannot say for sure after one year

    and romo and samuels are straight up overrated

    ohhhh i missed WR

    all wide receivers are overrated without a QB who can throw the ball
    Since when do Romo, Samuels, Peterson and Willis play WR?


    Thank you BostonRichie for this wonderful sig!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,184
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    romo, asante samuels adrian peterson and patrick willis

    im a big AD fan but one year where you got injured proves nothing but the fact that you are set to get injured more sam with willis - injury

    theres no doubt that these 2 have the potential and in all likely hood will be stars but you cannot say for sure after one year

    and romo and samuels are straight up overrated

    ohhhh i missed WR

    all wide receivers are overrated without a QB who can throw the ball
    Just for future reference... It is Asante Samuel... No "S" on the end to make it Samuels... I normally wouldn't say anything and be a dick but its like the 400th time I have seen it on this site...

    Anyways... Overrated WR's...

    Terrell Owens
    Donald Driver
    Plaxico Burress
    Lee Evans
    Hines Ward

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    928
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHawk1123 View Post
    Just for future reference... It is Asante Samuel... No "S" on the end to make it Samuels... I normally wouldn't say anything and be a dick but its like the 400th time I have seen it on this site...

    Anyways... Overrated WR's...

    Terrell Owens
    Donald Driver
    Plaxico Burress
    Lee Evans
    Hines Ward
    Donald Driver and Hines Ward? C'mon they are underrated if anything, Hines is the best blocking WR in the league and DD is extremely underrated for what he has done

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    16,888
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHawk1123 View Post
    Just for future reference... It is Asante Samuel... No "S" on the end to make it Samuels... I normally wouldn't say anything and be a dick but its like the 400th time I have seen it on this site...

    Anyways... Overrated WR's...

    Terrell Owens
    Donald Driver
    Plaxico Burress
    Lee Evans
    Hines Ward
    I haven't seen enough of Driver to comment, and I agree on Owens and Evans, but where do you get your argument that Burress and Ward are overrated.

    I saw you mention that you feel his production comes from his height and he doesn't have talent otherwise, but do you watch him play to come to that conclusion?

    Burress is one of very few WRs in the NFL left who catch the ball with their hands. He comes back to the ball instead of waiting, he goes up and gets the ball at the highest point. He runs crisp routes by NFL standards and great routes for NFL standards for someone of his size. He'll go across the middle and he can even make stuff happen after the catch. Sure his height is absolutely wonderful to have, but he is a great WR and IMO one of, if not the best, WR in the NFL. Not to hate on Eli, but give Burress to Brady or Manning and you have him putting up the same stats Moss did last year, even with an injured ankle.

    Ward is another WR who I find it hard to call overrated. He is one of the few WRs left in the NFL who really put effort and pride into blocking. He was a large factor in the outside running production of FWP since the steelers had a bad OLine last year. Hines Ward is a tough mother****er. He will go across the middle and make a catch. He catches the ball with his hands and will take a hit. He runs nice routes and he will go out there every play and give all he's got.

    I'd like to hear your arguments on both players and a more elaborate one on Burress other than his height is reason for all production.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Evergreen State
    Posts
    1,345
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHawk1123 View Post
    Just for future reference... It is Asante Samuel... No "S" on the end to make it Samuels... I normally wouldn't say anything and be a dick but its like the 400th time I have seen it on this site...

    Anyways... Overrated WR's...

    Terrell Owens
    Donald Driver
    Plaxico Burress
    Lee Evans
    Hines Ward
    What is your definition of Overated? Playing with so much effort that you play on a level above presumed talent level. Cause from your list the four of the players you list Don't understand the idea of coming off the field.

    Lee Evans however sucks, everyone knows he sucks know one respects his hands, routes, heart or knowledge of the game so even he is hard to call overrated.
    "Just WIN Baby"
    Yeah I been drinking Skeletor's KoolAid for near 40 yrs.
    Team of the DecadesCommitment to Excellence

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    socal
    Posts
    17,641
    vCash
    1500
    He said he missed that.

    I think Wes Welker is overrated

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    17,248
    vCash
    1150
    burress is not overrated ur on ****ing crack buddy

    burress may be one of the most UNDERRATED in the league he played on a bummed ankle all last season and still did decent

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,184
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    burress is not overrated ur on ****ing crack buddy
    burress may be one of the most UNDERRATED in the league he played on a bummed ankle all last season and still did decent
    Alright... No reason to get all flustered...

    Clearly you have a hard-on for Plax and let this comment of mine get you all pissy...

    This is an opinion thread am I wrong?

    I think most of Plax's production is a result of him being 6'4-6'5... Other than that I don't think he is a very skilled WR...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,184
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    burress is not overrated ur on ****ing crack buddy
    burress may be one of the most UNDERRATED in the league he played on a bummed ankle all last season and still did decent
    I dont know where you come from but, that kinda makes you sound like your freaking out pal...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    17,248
    vCash
    1150
    well being tall doesnt automatically make you fast and have good hands

    and i am a fan of plax but not a BIG fan

    and i guess i can figure how you may get that i was getting pissy from those typed words but i wasnt blowing up its just a question

    and hines ward is def. UNDERRATED as well as much as i hate the steelers and hines for that SB he is one of the best possession recievers in the leagues in years

    honestly all possession recievers are underrated all the burners and tall downfield threats get all the credit when its the guys who move the chains who should be the real stars
    Last edited by alexander_37; 07-25-2008 at 02:39 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    17,248
    vCash
    1150
    if you actually new me or heard me say that you would no im not freaking out

    im pretty much never serious when i insult people

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,184
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    if you actually new me or heard me say that you would no im not freaking out

    im pretty much never serious when i insult people
    Neat.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    928
    vCash
    1500
    Overrated-Donte Stallworth

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •