Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    Calling people out by saying "they're" uneducated generally doesn't work when you have grammatical errors in your posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post
    Um, okay?
    ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm no u get it

vCash
    So you don't think we should have allies in the world? We should continue with an "us against them" approach to the world?

Foreign policy has a lot more indirect implications than you might understand. The main reason for the collapse of the dollar over the last six years is because of a lack of discussion over trade issues with Europe that prompted the Bush Administration to decide to devalue the dollar to make our exports look more attractive. Corporate profits soared, but consumers are still suffering from the rampant inflation of the last two years.

Foreign policy isn't normally a zero-sum game. Don't get fooled by ignoring everything that happened pre-2000.

Whats pre 2000 got to do with this.....your not making a lot of sense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MiaBeastley View Post
    You are right that the people outside the U.S. want to know of our foreign policy for different reasons then you think. They are so into what is going on because most countries that were once "superpowers" (I'm speaking of Germany & France) are bitter that we are a young country by they're standards and even you opposing me on all these issues will agree that we are the greatest country this world has ever seen. They want Obama because they think that he will bring us to a slight demise and even out the playing field. And if you want to read more into it, it's because of leaders of these countries for the most part Chiroc, who do not like us it's not the people. It is French being bitter that we were the ones that bailed them out of WW2 and they pretty much have envied us ever since.

So what is it that you see in Barack's Foreign Affairs that blows you away??
    The "envy" and "bitterness" argument. Hopeless. Yeah, they want Obama to bring the country to a "slight demise". That's their motivation all right. You've figured it out. /irony

vCash
    Now how is it hopeless, y else is Sarkozy all of a sudden in love with Barack Hussein

vCash
    bruh wat r u talkin bout????

dont maka big deal outta grammatical stuff and worry bout the topic bc ima stay usin my mistakes
    If you want anyone to take anything you're saying seriously, it would help if you type like you actually know something. Notice that several people have mentioned that they have no idea what you're talking about because your gibberish doesn't remotely resemble words.

We're trying to have an intelligent conversation here "bruh." Follow the example and join in.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    Now how is it hopeless, y else is Sarkozy all of a sudden in love with Barack Hussein
    Sarkozy is very close with President Bush as well. He wants to see us return to a state of economic, social, and political cooperation. The fastest growth we've had in our history came when we worked with other countries, not when we became isolated.

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."

vCash
    For the record, Fox's congressional correspondent filed this story acknowledging that while Obama made no real errors in his overseas tour, he gained foreign policy credibility away from John McCain this week because of several mistakes made by the presumptive Republican nominee:

What has them so enthused in what can only be described as a series of self-inflicted wounds on what before this week was indisputably John McCain’s strongest suit - his ability to talk persuasively about the way to win the war on terror in the twin battles of Iraq and Afghanistan.

McCain made several errors this week in matters fundamental to understanding how and when both wars began and finished the week coming within a hair of embracing Obama’s 16-month timetable for US troop withdrawals.
    * On July 21st, McCain said on Good Morning America that the situation was tough in Afghanistan, particularly, he said, “given the struggle on the Iraq-Pakistan border.”

* On July 22 in an interview Katie Couric of CBS, McCain said the troop surge President Bush ordered in January 2007 and which didn’t reach maximum tactical deployment for months after led to the so-called Sunni awakening or uprising against Al Qaeda in Iraq terrorists. While the surge no doubt gave greater confidence to Sunnis over time, the awakening began in the fall of 2006 with the moves against AI Qaeda by a collection of high-profile tribal sheiks.

* On July 23, McCain said the surge wasn’t really about more troops, but counter-insurgency tactics. And yet the political credit McCain seeks for the turn-around in Iraq is based principally on his advocacy if the surge - meaning more troops to carry out counter-insurgency missions. To say the surge wasn’t really about more troops undercuts much of McCain has tried to tell the public about what has changed in Iraq and why.

* On July 24th, McCain called Iraq “the first major conflict since 9/11.” Tell that to Hamid Karzai, current President of Afghanistan and brought to power by the US-led defeat of the Taliban in the months immediately following 9/11.

* And Friday on CNN, McCain said 16 months for a troop withdrawal from Iraq is “a pretty good timetable.” His campaign said McCain meant it was good so long as conditions on the ground warranted troop withdrawals. But the damage was done. Just check the profusion of blog posts in the hours immediately after the CNN interview with McCain.
    The Obama campaign and the DNC is preparing an easy-to-follow guide to these McCain fumbles to assist any and all Obama surrogates in the coming debate over national security, Iraq or Afghanistan. Contrasting one or more of these against McCain’s contention that he alone “knows how to win wars” is likely to become a familiar TV jousting tactic.
    Source: FOX

vCash
    Obama responds to McCain's attempts to criticize his trip:

"It's hard for me to understand Sen. McCain's argument. He was telling me I was supposed to take this trip. He suggested it, thought it was a good idea," the senator told reporters, some of whom were seated on the ground in front of him and or standing on the sidewalk across.

"John McCain has visited every one of these countries post-primary that I have. He has given speeches in Canada, in Colombia, Mexico," he continued. "So it doesn't strike me that we've done anything different than the McCain campaign has done, which is to recognize that part of the job of the next president and commander-in-chief is to forge effective relationships with our allies."
    Source: MSNBC

From a column addressed directly to McCain in the Chicago Tribune:

Memo to John McCain: You're probably kicking yourself right about now for goading Barack Obama into getting out to see the world ...

... at a time when Obama is putting foreign relations, one of your strongest issues, on center stage, it is an odd time to come across as Small-town John.
    Last edited by ink; 07-26-2008 at 06:20 PM.

vCash
    What kind of world do we live in where JOHN McCAIN has a realistic chance to become the next president of the United States?

vCash
    I think Obama Should Win, John Mccain is too much like Bush

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lovingTO View Post
    What kind of world do we live in where JOHN McCAIN has a realistic chance to become the next president of the United States?
    depends on your definition of realistic.

vCash
    Sarkozy is very close with President Bush as well. He wants to see us return to a state of economic, social, and political cooperation. The fastest growth we've had in our history came when we worked with other countries, not when we became isolated.

This makes no sense because we do have good relations with other countries, and everything will get worse with Obama so he actually wants a downfall of evrything you just mentioned. I'm telling you a lot of people will be doing backflips in the european streets if he wins and for reasons opposite of what you think

vCash
    This makes no sense because we do have good relations with other countries, and everything will get worse with Obama so he actually wants a downfall of evrything you just mentioned. I'm telling you a lot of people will be doing backflips in the european streets if he wins and for reasons opposite of what you think
    You know, you've responded to two of my posts with "this makes no sense." Maybe you should do your homework. Your grammar's gotten a lot better, so there's definitely some hope for you.

vCash
    You know, you've responded to two of my posts with "this makes no sense." Maybe you should do your homework. Your grammar's gotten a lot better, so there's definitely some hope for you.

Maybe you should just make more sense, I think that is a pretty good idea

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lovingTO View Post
    I would currently vote for Mccain over Obama. (if I were to vote)

What exactly are you trying to say about me, and others who share my views?
    Last edited by gcoll; 07-27-2008 at 07:12 PM.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast