Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 132
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    49,868
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MiaBeastley View Post
    Classic liberal you just don't want Obama to be asked these important questions, you are readin to much of the New York Times and CNN it's either that or your uneducated on politics for your stance on debates there preplanned questions candidates know what questions are gonna be asked
    In other parts of the world, the word liberal is not incorrectly used as an epithet. No, I don't get my political news from many American sources since I see how they have failed the people that need information the most. There are world class papers around the world that a person can read if they want news about a topic like this. Obama is in Germany, so why not read the Suddeutsche Zeitung, die Zeit, die Welt, or Der Spiegel? Of course, that's laughable right? Because that's foreign. What would they know about foreign affairs?

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    47
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post
    Why, because Cheney would have Homeland Security plant something in his files to disqualify him?

    No why would they let an officer in who is friends with someone that bombed there offices

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    47
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    In other parts of the world, the word liberal is not incorrectly used as an epithet. No, I don't get my political news from many American sources since I see how they have failed the people that need information the most. There are world class papers around the world that a person can read if they want news about a topic like this. Obama is in Germany, so why not read the Suddeutsche Zeitung, die Zeit, die Welt, or Der Spiegel? Of course, that's laughable right? Because that's foreign. What would they know about foreign affairs?
    Yes because if I want to read about the candidates for PRESIDENT OF THE U.S. im going to read the Suddeutshe Zeitung a german paper of which this is the first time I have heard about it. Because unlike Obama supporters I want to know about other stances besides foreign policy

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    49,868
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MiaBeastley View Post
    Yes because if I want to read about the candidates for PRESIDENT OF THE U.S. im going to read the Suddeutshe Zeitung a german paper of which this is the first time I have heard about it. Because unlike Obama supporters I want to know about other stances besides foreign policy
    This thread is about foreign policy! Why are you posting on a thread if you don't even know what the topic is???! You assume that I don't know how townhalls or debates are orchestrated. Well, it's all orchestrated, just like these public appearances are orchestrated. Do you think McCain's appearance in Berlin, NH wasn't stage managed? At least take the time to inform yourself by taking in other perspectives than those you're familiar with. Most of the foreign sites I mentioned make english translations available. The issue of foreign affairs happens to be the card that McCain has been trying to play. Based on the last 8 years, any person living outside of the USA might easily assume that wasn't a Republican strong suit. Based on the primaries and the early part of this election campaign, it would also be easy to assume that McCain doesn't know half of what he claims to know about foreign issues. It's safer for him to stick to what he really does know: sniping along partisan lines.

    Obama, on the other hand, does get it. He understands the need for allies. He understands the need to show that he doesn't have his head in the sand. Have you read his speech? Or do you just pre-judge based on party line?
    Last edited by ink; 07-26-2008 at 12:29 AM.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    47
    vCash
    1500
    You seem to be all over Obama's sack, so I can't take anything you say seriousely. Don't ask me how I judge because even if i am deciding on party lines you are no doubt doing the same thing

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    49,868
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MiaBeastley View Post
    You seem to be all over Obama's sack, so I can't take anything you say seriousely. Don't ask me how I judge because even if i am deciding on party lines you are no doubt doing the same thing
    Easy response. And you criticize Obama for avoiding the issue. Tell me what John McCain knows about foreign affairs. Tell me if he's capable of seeing the world from any other perspective than his own party's policies.
    Last edited by ink; 07-26-2008 at 12:32 AM.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    47
    vCash
    1500
    Not gonna tell you ill do you one better and show you

    http://usforeignpolicy.about.com/gi/...54f0e7a497.htm

    he's actually less conservative then what i have liked and I basically like him because his stance on the war and his FOREIGN POLICY and my dislike for Obama's policies and the people he associates with, other then that from the get get go my boi was Guiliani

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    St. Louis, MO / SIUe
    Posts
    35,041
    vCash
    1500
    Calling people out by saying "they're" uneducated generally doesn't work when you have grammatical errors in your posts.
    Member of the Owlluminati

    Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    St. Louis, MO / SIUe
    Posts
    35,041
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MiaBeastley View Post
    Not gonna tell you ill do you one better and show you

    http://usforeignpolicy.about.com/gi/...54f0e7a497.htm

    he's actually less conservative then what i have liked and I basically like him because his stance on the war and his FOREIGN POLICY and my dislike for Obama's policies and the people he associates with, other then that from the get get go my boi was Guiliani
    So you don't think we should have allies in the world? We should continue with an "us against them" approach to the world?

    Foreign policy has a lot more indirect implications than you might understand. The main reason for the collapse of the dollar over the last six years is because of a lack of discussion over trade issues with Europe that prompted the Bush Administration to decide to devalue the dollar to make our exports look more attractive. Corporate profits soared, but consumers are still suffering from the rampant inflation of the last two years.

    Foreign policy isn't normally a zero-sum game. Don't get fooled by ignoring everything that happened pre-2000.
    Member of the Owlluminati

    Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    49,868
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MiaBeastley View Post
    Not gonna tell you ill do you one better and show you

    http://usforeignpolicy.about.com/gi/...54f0e7a497.htm

    he's actually less conservative then what i have liked and I basically like him because his stance on the war and his FOREIGN POLICY and my dislike for Obama's policies and the people he associates with, other then that from the get get go my boi was Guiliani
    It's a good speech. But there are a couple of big differences. He is not bridging his values with those of a foreign audience like Obama managed in Berlin. Obama's speech wasn't great. But it also didn't simply articulate an American position to a foreign audience as McCain's did. Secondly, and most importantly, he speaks of foreign affairs as if they are exclusively economic and defense issues. There are a lot of people outside the USA that want to hear American politicians start speaking about human issues, because that has been the biggest failure of American foreign policy for some time.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    St. Louis, MO / SIUe
    Posts
    35,041
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    It's a good speech. But there are a couple of big differences. He is not bridging his values with those of a foreign audience like Obama managed in Berlin. Obama's speech wasn't great. But it also didn't simply articulate an American position to a foreign audience as McCain's did. Secondly, and most importantly, he speaks of foreign affairs as if they are exclusively economic and defense issues. There are a lot of people outside the USA that want to hear American politicians start speaking about human issues, because that has been the biggest failure of American foreign policy for some time.
    Not to say you're wrong, but strengthening developing economies with education and training programs can go a long way in solving a lot of humanitarian problems around the world.
    Member of the Owlluminati

    Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    49,868
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    Not to say you're wrong, but strengthening developing economies with education and training programs can go a long way in solving a lot of humanitarian problems around the world.
    I completely agree with you. Just saying that it's no surprise that people are responding positively to the candidate who is speaking in human terms.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    47
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    Calling people out by saying "they're" uneducated generally doesn't work when you have grammatical errors in your posts.

    bruh wat r u talkin bout????

    dont maka big deal outta grammatical stuff and worry bout the topic bc ima stay usin my mistakes

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Shakedown Street, Japan
    Posts
    30,277
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MiaBeastley View Post
    bruh wat r u talkin bout????

    ...

    ima stay usin my mistakes
    Um, okay?
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

    Atheists Of PSD

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    47
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    It's a good speech. But there are a couple of big differences. He is not bridging his values with those of a foreign audience like Obama managed in Berlin. Obama's speech wasn't great. But it also didn't simply articulate an American position to a foreign audience as McCain's did. Secondly, and most importantly, he speaks of foreign affairs as if they are exclusively economic and defense issues. There are a lot of people outside the USA that want to hear American politicians start speaking about human issues, because that has been the biggest failure of American foreign policy for some time.

    You are right that the people outside the U.S. want to know of our foreign policy for different reasons then you think. They are so into what is going on because most countries that were once "superpowers" (I'm speaking of Germany & France) are bitter that we are a young country by they're standards and even you opposing me on all these issues will agree that we are the greatest country this world has ever seen. They want Obama because they think that he will bring us to a slight demise and even out the playing field. And if you want to read more into it, it's because of leaders of these countries for the most part Chiroc, who do not like us it's not the people. It is French being bitter that we were the ones that bailed them out of WW2 and they pretty much have envied us ever since.

    So what is it that you see in Barack's Foreign Affairs that blows you away??

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •