Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Infiltrating Hippie Southwestern Command Center
    vCash

Obama would use "big sticks and big carrots" ??????

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama defended his proposal to negotiate with Iran Wednesday and said he would use "big sticks and big carrots" to persuade the country's leaders not to develop nuclear weapons.

"My whole goal in terms of having tough, serious direct diplomacy is not because I'm naive about the nature of any of these regimes. I'm not," Obama said at a press conference. "It is because if we show ourselves willing to talk and to offer carrots and sticks in order to deal with these pressing problems, and if Iran then rejects any overtures of that sort, it puts us in a stronger position to mobilize the international community to ratchet up the pressure on Iran."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080723/.../obama_mideast

WOW....

Europe has been "talking" to Iran for decades. Sanctions have already been implemented. The international community is already putting pressure on Iran to stop developing nukes. Talks are going on now and have been to get Iran to stop building nuclear facilities hundreds of feet underground to prevent anyone from bombing them...

BUT...THANK GOD WE HAVE STUTTERING BARRY

he is going to say something so profound that Iran will just change its mind. once they are in Obamas presence they will love the guy and stop threatening to "wipe Israel off the map" ....his sticks and carrots will be a offer iran just cant refuse.

his book should have been called... the audacity of ego

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Fluty View Post
    his book should have been called... the audacity of ego
    the audacity of ego is what has lead to resorting to purely threatening and ignoring Iran. Ignoring is very close to the word ignorance for a reason.

vCash
    europe has been negotiating with them for decades... and im sure a few people in the last year have called them up a few times when they were shooting missiles off....so no one is ignoring them.

Iran wants to obliterate an entire country.

you dont try to appease them by lifting sanctions. its like sending gifts to the neighborhood bully not to beat up your cousin.

Obama has said he will meet with them in his first year unconditionally. These people have been at war for hundreds of years... but Obamas ego tells him that only he knows the verbiage needed to quell this issue

vCash
    europe has been negotiating with them for decades... and im sure a few people in the last year have called them up a few times when they were shooting missiles off....so no one is ignoring them.

you dont try to appease them by lifting sanctions. its like sending gifts to the neighborhood bully not to beat up your cousin.

Obama has said he will meet with them in his first year unconditionally. These people have been at war for hundreds of years... but Obamas ego tells him that only he knows the verbiage needed to quell this issue
    hmmm? I know I never read or heard anything about obama lifting sanctions, appeasing, or sending gifts. It's funny how this whole spin thing works, it's usually when you completely misrepresent what someone says with a wildly false interpretation to fit your own beliefs and opinions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PHX-SOXFAN View Post
    hmmm? I know I never read or heard anything about obama lifting sanctions, appeasing, or sending gifts. It's funny how this whole spin thing works, it's usually when you completely misrepresent what someone says with a wildly false interpretation to fit your own beliefs and opinions.
    ok.. what else would he do to get them to stop their nuclear activity?

ask nicely?

cmon... tell me how he will do it that HASN'T been tried already

(but in reality...if he did send a gift like a u.s. mint machine... maybe that would help lol)

vCash
    How come all of your threads start with immediate knee jerk reactions, are compounded by you ignoring other people's points and then eventually end in you telling everyone they are wrong and you were right in the first post all along?

If I were you, I probably would have jumped off a building years ago.
    oh my god! did you hear? Alex Rodriguez left a floater and didn't do a double flush!!! someone alert the media this must be news!

vCash
    1. i start with a view and i give my point on it. thats what a thread is for.

2. i dont ignore other peoples post...it is a discussion, i made a point, he responded, i responded... thats how these things work. i asked PHX what obama would do differently that hasnt been tried... that isnt hateful, it was never personal (unlike your post), it isnt being a jerk, its not berating him... thats a genuine question. i didnt tell him he was wrong... and i even made a joke at the end to keep things on the lighter side

3. i dont see a whole lot of mind changing from anyone in this forum. usually people argue there views until the death here..

so n conclusion Mr. "king of non-kings"... **** you and have a nice day
    Last edited by Doc Fluty; 07-23-2008 at 06:13 PM.

vCash
    I honestly think you and moonman should just stop making threads.

vCash
    ummmmm..... y?

my thread was about something in the news Today.. i quoted and posted the article. then i gave my view on it... i didn't make anything up.. i didnt fabricate myths

what kind of threads would you prefer?

ive never came here and called anyone stupid or called them names... just defended my views... wheres the harm in that?

don't like my threads... then when you see a thread with my name on it.. don't read it.

gosh.. frikin babies

vCash
    Iran never has and never will listen to us.... we are the enemy to them and everything they believe in but some people will just never get that...

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsGirl View Post
    Geez, do I respond or report that post?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsGirl View Post
    QFT. I'd sign that petition.

Quote Originally Posted by moonman View Post
    Geez, do I respond or report that post?
    Mybe take a hint?

Anyway, I realize what the big carrots would be (Israel, our liberties, etc), but what would the big stick be? "Listen, Mr. President. Could you please pretend to be rational enough to negotiate with for a few minutes? And would you mind not breaking this promise for a few more months?"
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    Iran never has and never will listen to us.... we are the enemy to them and everything they believe in but some people will just never get that...
    Uh no, that's not quite accurate. Some a-hole Mullahs who control Iran sure but they won't last forever. The Iranian People will rise the moment President Obama sends them their cue. IF they don't, we and/or the Israeli's will bomb them until those Mullah's are on all fours and licking Hillary's or maybe even Cub Girl's boots.
    Last edited by moonman; 07-23-2008 at 07:23 PM.

vCash

Just an FYI Doc, Jesus hates liars.

You might want to check up on the facts before you spread any more lies.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    Just an FYI Doc, Jesus hates liars.

You might want to check up on the facts before you spread any more lies.
    (calmly) ok... which part was a lie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast