Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

McCain ad on PSD

Did anyone else notice the McCain Campaign ad on the right side of this forum?

This pisses me off. I need to gather my thoughts about any future involvement on this site.

Infiltrating Hippie Southwestern Command Center
    vCash
    i own a website... and i came across advertising programs that puts random stuff there.

so maybe this site leases space to a advertising firm and they decide what gets shown..

or maybe the owner of the site is a Republican.. i dunno

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PHX-SOXFAN View Post

This pisses me off. I need to gather my thoughts about any future involvement on this site.
    There's been Obama ads too buddy. It's just part of ad networks. Has nothing to do with the site's affiliation.

The site is owned by a Canadian company that operates out of Canada.

School in Hoboken, home in Rockland County, NY
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Fluty View Post
    i own a website... and i came across advertising programs that puts random stuff there.

so maybe this site leases space to a advertising firm and they decide what gets shown..

or maybe the owner of the site is a Republican.. i dunno
    Yep, PSD doesn't choose the ads, they come from a network

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigleyboy25 View Post
    There's been Obama ads too buddy. It's just part of ad networks. Has nothing to do with the site's affiliation.

The site is owned by a Canadian company that operates out of Canada.
    haven't seen it. I've only seen the McCain ad with a pic of Obama and the guy who's rep met with the Sec of STate's rep last week.

I'm not you're buddy

vCash
    haven't seen it. I've only seen the McCain ad with a pic of Obama and the guy who's rep met with the Sec of STate's rep last week.

I'm not you're buddy
    Let my 10 years of web development experience assure you that 99% of all ad campaign programs determine what is going to be shown because they require X amount of impressions throughout their network.

We happen to be on that network, so we will likely see the ad at times. For the record, I have seen neither one for Obama or one for McCain. If I did, I likely wouldn't care. I don't come here for the ads.
    Last edited by Sports Illustrator; 07-23-2008 at 05:58 PM. Reason: edited out the bad part of the post
    oh my god! did you hear? Alex Rodriguez left a floater and didn't do a double flush!!! someone alert the media this must be news!

7. 07-23-2008, 05:30 PM
    Reason
    not needed, this can be taken as an offense.

vCash

ok so basically the only people allowed to campaign are people you support?

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    ^^^ Hahaha yeah.

Based on that strategy, I can't watch any broadcast news, or any tv for that matter. I can't go on the internet. And I can't read any major newspaper.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash

Wow that's pretty stupid. Liberal blogs have conservative ads. Conservative blogs have liberal ads. It's all about the $$$. It has nothing to do with ideology.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    ok so basically the only people allowed to campaign are people you support?
    not at all. I don't want to see either of their ads on here. but I especially don't want to see one as misleading as the ahmedinejad and obama picture Mccain ad

vCash
    not at all. I don't want to see either of their ads on here. but I especially don't want to see one as misleading as the ahmedinejad and obama picture Mccain ad
    Unfortunately candidates are allowed to campaign however they like... even if it drives people away... which trust me I know exactly what you're talking about

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    does the rays advertisement offend anyone??

vCash
    Obama will be running (as of now) $5 million worth of ads during the Olympics. Somehow I doubt that will deter people from watching the games.

We live in a culture that's so commercialized that our politicians have to stay right at the forefront of that commercialization to get elected.

Yay for unbridled capitalism. McDonaldization of democracy. (And people wonder how we end up with a clown for president).

A crappy reality, but it's reality.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post
    Obama will be running (as of now) $5 million worth of ads during the Olympics. Somehow I doubt that will deter people from watching the games.

We live in a culture that's so commercialized that our politicians have to stay right at the forefront of that commercialization to get elected.

Yay for unbridled capitalism. McDonaldization of democracy. (And people wonder how we end up with a clown for president).

A crappy reality, but it's reality.
    The 30 second commercial is what decides elections now a days.

vCash
    I need to gather my thoughts about any future involvement on this site.
    Because someone you dislike advertised on the site?
    Has there been any criticisms, or attacks on Obama that weren't misleading, or lies, or propaganda?

Give me one credible knock against Obama, that the other side has pointed out. Is there one?

The 30 second commercial is what decides elections now a days.
    That's how it's always been. Democracy, and politics have always been about perception. And, if you can influence people's perception of you, and your opponent.....then you can win elections.

It's why the Federalists called themselves Federalists, and their opponents "anti-Federalists"...to make the "anti" part, seem negative.

This general subject, is also relevant to Plato's criticisms about Democracy.

So there's really no "now a days". People have always been dumb. The question is, how do you know you aren't one of the dumb ones? Ask any person on the planet, and they will agree that most people are dumb. Which is pretty funny.
    Last edited by gcoll; 07-25-2008 at 02:13 AM.

17. 07-25-2008, 08:27 AM
    Reason
    no need for that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast