Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Do you remember the strategy going in? the rumsfled ideas and the defense of rummy? ignoring powell? not having a rebuilding plan? years of chaos? give me a break.
    What exactly is your point, in relation to my point?

yes being right from the beginning is the most important.
    No. It's not. How does Obama's opposition to the war, years ago, help us now?

judging on how many strategies and ideas it has taken bush and mccain to show some progress, you have to assume the odds would eventually catch up and even these two could figure something out
    How many different strategies has there been exactly?

I count 2.

on the other hand you could go with a guy who was right with decision #1.
    But wrong on the surge.

this statement is full of irony and contradiction.
    -Just as a side note. Where exactly did I contradict myself, and what was ironic about the statement you quoted?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    What exactly is your point, in relation to my point?

No. It's not. How does Obama's opposition to the war, years ago, help us now?

How many different strategies has there been exactly?

I count 2.

But wrong on the surge.

-Just as a side note. Where exactly did I contradict myself, and what was ironic about the statement you quoted?
    my point is there was no plan for rebuilding, installing government, getting it to work, providing adequate security from the beginning. It was basically "we're going to war, getting rid of saddam and then we'll figure it out". Brilliant

Obama's opposition to the war is prime example of his judgement regarding foreign relations he is the only one in this race with this gleaming example on his resume.

there have been more than two strategies. there's been two different commanders, two secretaries of state, two secretaries of defense. Add it up. don't act like there was plan one and the surge, that's biased and untrue.

you contradict yourself by saying bush did nothing to impede political progress in iraq and provided security. he impeded progress by not having a plan, not rebuilding the country, not providing security plans or executing them, for the first prime example. then by saying that now that there is more security he is some how a savior for finally accomplishing something with a plan 5 years later is just humorous.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234