Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: *Dish DVR*

Hybrid View

vCash

*Dish DVR*

Alright, I just got Dish Network about 3 weeks ago and I got a DVR with it. I have no clue what kind of DVR it is but I have a couple of questions. Before I list the questions, I need to say this. I will have NBA League Pass and I will record all the Sacramento Kings games I watch. Now my questions:

1) How much memory does a DVR have?

2) Can I transfer recordings onto my computer?

3) If I can transfer to a computer, can I burn the Kings games to DVD's?

4) How much memory would a Kings game take up (the games are about 2 1/2 hours long)

Please help if you can. It would be greatly appreciated. Also, tell me if you also have Dish DVR.

vCash
    Can someone help?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beno7500 View Post
    Alright, I just got Dish Network about 3 weeks ago and I got a DVR with it. I have no clue what kind of DVR it is but I have a couple of questions. Before I list the questions, I need to say this. I will have NBA League Pass and I will record all the Sacramento Kings games I watch. Now my questions:

1) How much memory does a DVR have?
    This depends on the model. It looks like Dish Network uses 120 gigs, which is about 100 hours advertised, but you're probably talking 30-40 at reasonable quality.

2) Can I transfer recordings onto my computer?
    Probably not, atleast not easily. The TiVo offers support, but encrypts the videos(which is defeatable, but probably illegal to defeat), but most other DVRs don't to my knowledge.
    3) If I can transfer to a computer, can I burn the Kings games to DVD's?
    You'd have been able too if you could move them over, yes.

4) How much memory would a Kings game take up (the games are about 2 1/2 hours long)
    Depends on the quality. I'd figure 1 gig/hr for standard definition at medium quality, probably aroudn 1.6 gig/hr at high quality. HD would be considerably higher, but I don't know any rules of thumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foamy
    It wouldn't hurt you to think like a serial killer every onced in a while, just for the sake of prevention

vCash
    You could use something like this to get the video on your PC...

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,1902901,00.asp

vCash
    Thanks