Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

McCain Campaign Calls for Withdrawal From Iraq Sooner than Obama's Plan

And no, this is not a joke.

Get ready to take another ride on the Copy-Cat Express:

http://www.reuters.com/article/lates.../idUSN21464471

After a meeting with former President George H.W. Bush, McCain was asked whether it was conceivable for U.S. troops to be fully pulled out of Iraq in about two years.

"I think they could be largely withdrawn," the Arizona senator replied, citing the success of the "surge" strategy of increasing U.S. troop levels in increasing security in the country.

"As I've said, we have succeeded. This strategy is not (just) succeeding, we have succeeded. And of course as we all know it has to be based on conditions on the ground."

McCain said U.S. military success had made it possible for troops to return. "When you win wars, troops come home. And we are winning," he said.
    The best part is that in a conference call, one of his surrogates, Heather Wilson, stated that she could see a withdrawal even sooner than the time table requested by Maliki (Obama's 16 months).

All this after the Bush Administration came out with their "Withdrawal Horizons."
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    Wow.

The straight talk express is spinning out of control. In fairness, McCain could honestly believe we will have won in two years based on his definition of victory. But his timing on this announcement is incredible.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    Wow.

The straight talk express is spinning out of control. In fairness, McCain could honestly believe we will have won in two years based on his definition of victory. But his timing on this announcement is incredible.
    McCain has a definition of victory? Other than "zero U.S. casualties", that's news to me.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John McCain
    "As I've said, we have succeeded. This strategy is not (just) succeeding, we have succeeded. And of course as we all know it has to be based on conditions on the ground."
    uh oh...

Mission Accomplished..
    oh my god! did you hear? Alex Rodriguez left a floater and didn't do a double flush!!! someone alert the media this must be news!

vCash
    Means nothing.

The differnce is that if the CHhef of Staff say they need to stay in Iraq Sen. McCain will listen. We don't know what Sen. Obama will do. He could become his own dictator.
    Duke '10 NCAA Tournament Champs
    Yankes '09 World Series Champs
    Giants '08 Super Bowl Champs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nascar10294 View Post
    He could become his own dictator.

Wow, man, I've known some paranoid cats in my time, but that takes first prize!

Seriously, where did you come up with that notion?

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post

Wow, man, I've known some paranoid cats in my time, but that takes first prize!

Seriously, where did you come up with that notion?
    seriously.. 1 man is going to perform a hostile takeover of the US.. with a government that is so impeach happy its unreal. They got Clinton, they talked about doing it to Bush..

if he even muttered the word Dictator, they would begin the process.
    oh my god! did you hear? Alex Rodriguez left a floater and didn't do a double flush!!! someone alert the media this must be news!

vCash
    Wait what?
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    The war effort is the only place I really trust McCain's opinion

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    The war effort is the only place I really trust McCain's opinion
    based on what supporting the war in the first place?

vCash
    Having the balls to not say "Wow, I need votes I'm going be against the war regardless of America's future. I just want votes."

That's what the DNC does on Iraq. They lie, smear, and generally hurt our interests in order to save their own party. Does the GOP do that with certain issues? Duh (9/11).

That, and I suppose McCain understands war more than anyone on the left, and certainly more than many in politics, enough to think twice about sending troops in.

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    Having the balls to not say "Wow, I need votes I'm going be against the war regardless of America's future.
    A very large majority of Americans believes that the real people who operated against the best interests of our future are precisely the same ones who initially supported, and have continued supporting, the war in Iraq.

That war has done so much more to harm our future than help it it's just ridiculous.

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post
    A very large majority of Americans believes that the real people who operated against the best interests of our future are precisely the same ones who initially supported, and have continued supporting, the war in Iraq.

That war has done so much more to harm our future than help it it's just ridiculous.
    Precisely why McCain's trying to run on the side of public interest wrt Iraq. He tried convincing people that he could "win wars." But now he's skipped right to the end and saying "I won the war, vote for me"
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    That, and I suppose McCain understands war more than anyone on the left, and certainly more than many in politics, enough to think twice about sending troops in.
    I suppose he doesn't know more about war than people like Wesley Clark and others who are democrats