Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    I wouldn't ask anybody to have a man crush on anybody.

But I would say this:

Each candidate should be judged based on his own actions. Rev. Wright has said some pretty anti-white racist stuff, there's no two ways around that. But to characterize the whole church as "a racist church" is pretty unfair, I think. That church has done a lot of great work in that community; many positive things have come out of it. I'm sure that the majority of parishioners there are tolerant, reasonable, non-racist people who just happen to go to that church. It's not as if racism is an organizing principle of the place, or a membership requirement.

You say you were a Clinton supporter. I'd say that there was a lot more stuff that came directly out of that camp (particularly from Bill) that could be construed as subtly or even overtly racist than there has been directly out of the Obama camp. In fact, I'd challenge you to come up with a single example of Obama being racist himself.

Why is it so easy for people to believe the "Obama is racist" myth when in fact it was McCain who used the power of his political office to oppose Martin Luther King, Jr. Day?
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    You're going to have to provide some kind of link to this.

I find it very hard to believe this is the case seeing how Matthews gets the O-face when simply hearing the word Obama.
    From the March 1 edition of MSNBC's Hardball with Chris Matthews:

MATTHEWS: Do we want a kind of a Michael -- a nitroglycerine pill, something to really shake up the world and say, "Hey, look we're alive, we've got this hot new president and we're going to take you guys -- by the way his name is -- middle name is Hussein. Get used to it." You know, we can have a guy with a third-world background to some extent. We've got a young guy here, or we've got Rudy Giuliani, the one tough cop who was standing on the beat when we got hit last time and stood up and took it.

Here's a quick quote I found. Let me see if I can find a video as well of the specific event I'm talking about.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Game_Over View Post
    Yeah I admit I was for Hillary and that was was for when they were both in the running!! Now that he has won, he has done nothing to make me want to vote for him.. I don't know what it is but I really don't like this Obama love fest gowing on lol.. My aunt is one of them she is all over him and I just think don't get it personally.. My main reason against Obama is I don't see how you could go to a racist church for 20 years and not have the same views.. Now I know in todays society it is ok to think a white person is racist but not a black person, but that is what I think he is!! Sorry but that is the way I feel and I get so much ohh you don't want to vote for Obama cause he is black and that makes me so made cause it isn't true.. I would vote for Colin Powell in a heart beat because to me he is the only one in his own way said this war is crap!! People are making Obama out to be a saint and he is just like every other slimmy politition.. I also think we need to drill our own oil and tell these oil countries to shove it!! Sorry Den I just don't have a man crush on Obama like most of the rest of this country!!
    Why do people always bring up Colin Powell after saying something involving the word racist?

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    Here's a quick quote I found. Let me see if I can find a video as well of the specific event I'm talking about.
    I know Matthews said directly to McCain, "You're in my heart."

And I know he and Russert (was Matthews interviewing him? I think so) basically openly admitted and agreed that they - the media, including themselves - were being really harsh on Obama while at the same time giving McCain a free pass. (During the Rev. Wright stuff).
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tomno00 View Post
    phx-soxfan..... fox news says things that dont need to be said, but didnt andrea mitchell of msnbc call everyone that do not live in major cities red necks or white trash or something?
    I have no idea, I'm not here to defend msnbc.

I am here to belittle an illegitimate, biased, and racist news agency, and rip them apart every time someone claims they are actually fair and balanced or a good source for news or opinion.

vCash
    Why do people always bring up Colin Powell after saying something involving the word racist?
    because he was first used as a token by GW in the cabinet. They put him there, looked at him, and never listened to him. It all trickles down from our leadership.

vCash
    He was comparing the candidates. There nothing remotely close to an endosement in there. Anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by PHX-SOXFAN View Post
    I am here to belittle an illegitimate, biased, and racist news agency, and rip them apart every time someone claims they are actually fair and balanced or a good source for news or opinion.

Is this in reference to FOX or MSNBC? Seeing as they are just opposite ends of the same candle and everything.

vCash
    Some good Obama jokes starting to surface. I liked this one by Jon Stewart ...

"After a quick meet-and-greet with King Abdullah, Obama was off to Israel, where he made a quick stop at the manger in Bethlehem where he was born."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post
    And I know he and Russert (was Matthews interviewing him? I think so) basically openly admitted and agreed that they - the media, including themselves - were being really harsh on Obama while at the same time giving McCain a free pass. (During the Rev. Wright stuff).
    I vaguely remember this. It had the feel of two parents wondering if they are too tough in their own children.
    Last edited by Max Power; 07-25-2008 at 12:24 PM.

vCash
    He was comparing the candidates. There nothing remotely close to an endosement in there. Anywhere.

Is this in reference to FOX or MSNBC? Seeing as they are just opposite ends of the same candle and everything.
    I don't pay attention to msnbc since they really don't hide their intentions. I do pay attention to fox since they try to veil their intentions and present themselves as legitimate and unbiased. rip on msnbc all you want. those who watch it know what they are getting and don't have any illusions about it. many of those who watch fox actually think they may be fair and balanced and present a middle of the road news source.

vCash

Yeah I couldn't find the exact quote. But I definitely heard it right after New Hampshire. That was just an example -- which was quite a bit more than a fair comparison.

Bear in mind that it was that "evil liberal media" that spread the idea that Romney was finished and McCain was the man.

vCash
    the media abosolutely LOVES obama and it is so annoying. It is comming to a point where the man is becomming too advertised and that voters, especailly younger ones, are becomming less and less interested.

And is it just me, or is anyone else annoyed by the way obama talks? It seems like he pauses every other word to announciate his points. Just talk normal please, we arent dumb.

vCash
    And is it just me, or is anyone else annoyed by the way obama talks?
    No. He annoys me.

It seems like he pauses every other word to announciate his points. Just talk normal please, we arent dumb.
    To me, his speaking style seems very pretentious.....I'm searching for a word, but that's the only one that comes to mind. I use that one too much though.
    Last edited by gcoll; 07-25-2008 at 11:14 PM.

vCash
    Everytime he talks it is all thought up before hand, what I really want to see is him answer questions without knowing what it will be, ex. town hall like I have said in other forums

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MiaBeastley View Post
    Everytime he talks it is all thought up before hand, what I really want to see is him answer questions without knowing what it will be, ex. town hall like I have said in other forums
    My first question to Obama would be "Does your wife have a penis?"...seriously. That's a dude. I don't care what anyone says. That's a guy.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast