Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by henderson56 View Post
    I dont care what your agurment is, to say that the Super Bowk is just one game is just plain stupid!!!

It is a very important game, but nonetheless, it is still only 1 game. Not nearly enough to determine which conference is stronger.
    Last edited by NYMetros; 07-24-2008 at 10:39 PM.

vCash
    why does everyone think dallas is good? who have they beaten? they got beat by the giants last year, they lost to new england, i'm tired of people saying the cowboys are good, shut it up, they have to beat a good team when it matters before they should be called the best team in the nfc, i do believe they didn't even play in the NFC championship game last year?

vCash
    I hate the Pats, but there is a reason why everyone (including Giants fans) were suprised about the outcome of the Super Bowl. Most fans know that the toughest game all season will be the AFC Championship. The NFC's worst teams may be better than the AFC's worst teams, but the best teams are in the AFC. We all know the Giants are the SB champs, but we also know the cliche' about sunshine and a dog. At the end of the upcoming season if the Pats, Colts, or Chargers are playing the SB they will be the favorite. If the Jags, Steelers or anybody else gets in, the odds makers will have to give points to everybody except maybe Dallas. As much as liked seeing the Patriots lose, it was a fluke and it doesn't suddenly make the NCF better.

vCash

?????

Who was the MVP for the pro bowl???????

O, that's right AP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best RB in the game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolden101 View Post

Best RB in the game
    1. Welcome to the forum, but please try to stay on the task at hand.

2. The pro bowl is a glorified pick up game. I put absolutely no stock in the game whatsoever.

3. I still think Tomlinson is, hands down, the best RB in the NFL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIANTS4LIFE28 View Post
    The Patriots beat every team they faced including the Colts, Jaguars and Chargers, but the Giants beat the Pats. To then lead on to matchups this wasn't the first time the Patriots played the Giants which means that it might be a possibilty that the Giants who represented the NFC are better then the Patriots who represented the AFC
    you can't be freaking serious if you are saying that that means the Giants would beat them.

The Saints beat the Seahawks last year, the Seahawks beat the Eagles last year, Eagles beat the Saints last year.

That proves you logic is BULL. stupid giants fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolden101 View Post

Best RB in the game
    Not the best first post to go out on.

AP is certainly not the best running back in the league, LT is, he has done it for years, and he did it better than AP last year. AP has already been seriously hurt. He is comparable to Cadillac.

People need to get off of Romo and AP's balls. (I'm sorry I just need to get this out right now.) Romo has done it for one year, he did not do it THAT well, and was beaten in the first round of the playoffs. On all of these NFC quarterback lists everyone is putting him at number 1. The best qb in the NFC is Drew Brees, Romo has some of the best targets that make it easy for him, (Witten and Owens). He needs to be able to do it next year and the year after, calling him the best in the NFC is way too premature. I'm not gonna start on Eli Manning.

MY top 5.

1. Brees
    2. Favre (playing)
    3. McNabb
    4. Hasselbeck
    5. Romo

and for the record. AFC is better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by henderson56 View Post
    I dont care what your agurment is, to say that the Super Bowk is just one game is just plain stupid!!!
    You're right.... is is dumb to just say the Super Bowl is one game. And the AFC has one 8 out of the last 11 Super Bowls. What was your argument again?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYMetros View Post
    1. Welcome to the forum, but please try to stay on the task at hand.

2. The pro bowl is a glorified pick up game. I put absolutely no stock in the game whatsoever.

3. I still think Tomlinson is, hands down, the best RB in the NFL.
    I'd actually go as far to say that I think there may be 4 or 5 better overall running backs than AP when they're healthy. The guy was phenomenal last year, but his stats are totally padded by 2 huge games. Take out those two games and the rest of his season is just pretty good...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oscark View Post
    why does everyone think dallas is good? who have they beaten? they got beat by the giants last year, they lost to new england, i'm tired of people saying the cowboys are good, shut it up, they have to beat a good team when it matters before they should be called the best team in the nfc, i do believe they didn't even play in the NFC championship game last year?
    because they beat the superbowl champions twice in one season...the first team to ever do that...I know, I know, they didn't do it when it mattered, but give credit where credit is due. 13-3; 13 probowlers; #1 seed in NFC, beat superbowl champions twice, got upset in the playoffs....they were very good last year as they will be this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 18colts29 View Post
    LOL. Whats your real answer? Yo say the NFC has the best DE's/RB's/ QB's /TE's/ Safetys/ OL. Have you ever watched football. Ok here we go.

QB's AFC has Manning and Brady, NFC- has Romo, Eli, and Drew Brees. I would take Manning and Brady over all of the NFC qb's put together.

RB's Afc has LT, Willie Parker, Joe Addai, and Jamal Lewis. Nfc has AP, Westbrook, and Portis. I would take Afc again.

TE's AFC has Gates, Gonzalez, Winslow, and Clark. NFC has Witten, Cooley, and Shockey. Again the AFC wins.

DE's Afc has Freeney, Mario Williams, and Kyle Vanden Bosch. NFC has Cole Taylor, and Jared Allen. NFC has this but AFC would have have it if Allen and Taylor didn't go to NFC.

Safety AFC has Bob Sanders and Ed Reed, that is enough said.

OL About even

Afc had a 10-6 team(Browns) miss the playoffs, would have been a 3 seed in the NFC. With all this said the Afc is far better. Oh ya AFC won 4 of the last 5 Super Bowls.
    I like how you skip over teams, pro-bowlers, defensive stat leaders and entire positions in order to make your point. Kind of shows that you know that you are overmatched and can't win your argument without a straw man to knock down.

BTW- the Browns had one of the easiest schedules in football last season. Let's see how they do this year with one of the toughest.

vCash
    ok everyone here cheers for their own conference. but we all know the AFC is better, no fans in the NFC will admit to that. We have better QB's, RB's, FB's, OL, WR's, TE's, Safeties, Cornerbacks, and Defensive Tackles.

Wow u have better Defensive ends and linebackers. OUR WHOLE OFFENSE IS BETTER THAN THE NFC's. We have better teams (pats, colts, chargers, steelers, jaguars, browns, and titans). NFC has cowboys, giants, and packers THATS IT!

vCash

yo the afc has two undefeated teams face it pats and dolphins

we are richer than the nfc ever will be

vCash
    Give Spagnuolo Ware, Allen, Umenyiora, and Peppers and lets see the AFC beat the NFC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 23LBJCleBrowns View Post
    ok everyone here cheers for their own conference. but we all know the AFC is better, no fans in the NFC will admit to that. We have better QB's, RB's, FB's, OL, WR's, TE's, Safeties, Cornerbacks, and Defensive Tackles.

Wow u have better Defensive ends and linebackers. OUR WHOLE OFFENSE IS BETTER THAN THE NFC's. We have better teams (pats, colts, chargers, steelers, jaguars, browns, and titans). NFC has cowboys, giants, and packers THATS IT!
    all of that is arguable.
    the AFC has some better top tier teams, but they have more weak teams too.
    the NFC has more parity.
    you have interleague play to go on, and that was dead even.
    actually +1 NFC if you count the superbowl.

better RBs?
    arguable.
    AP, brian westbrook.

Oline?
    NFC has:
    Walter jones, chad clifton, flozell adams, steve hutchinson, olin kruetz, shawn andrews, matt birk, andre gurode.

WR'ers?
    TO, Larry Fitz, Tory Holt.

DT's.?
    i would say NFC has advantage.
    williams duo, and tommie harris at DT.
    Last edited by cambovenzi; 07-29-2008 at 02:33 PM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast