Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oscark View Post
    the NFC has two or three decent teams, cowboys, packers if farve is back, and giants, they did win the superbowl, with that being said, in the afc you have the chargers, the colts, the patriots, this is easy, afc all the way, after those three nfc teams, there is a big drop off, and the packers without farve are a big drop off, so they only have two, after the afc teams you have teams like the jags who had a good year last year, steelers, this isn't even a decent question, afc without a doubt.
    I agree but many people want to to debate it and truly believe the NFC is better

vCash
    I think that the AFC had it's strong run over the NFC for a while now. I think in reality the NFC has caught up very well. I personally think the NFC has a slight edge over the AFC now but not by much. It is a good debate and I really think either side has it's good arguments for being the best but I think at this time it is a lot closer than either side wants to really admit. One thing is for sure...The NFC is making it's come back.

vCash
    The AFC is without question superior to the NFC. They have the 3 best overall teams in the NFL (Pats, Colts, Chargers). They have won 8 of the last 11 Super Bowls. They have the best QBs (Peyton and Brady), the best RB (LT), the best offense (New England), 5 of the 6 best defenses statistically (Pitt, Indy, New England, Tennessee, Baltimore), and the best division in the NFL (AFC South).

Looking at those 3 Super Bowls won by the NFC, only the Bucs won it all in dominant fashion and they were only good for a single season. The Rams were the only ones to be consistently good, when they beat my Titans by a single yard and played another solid Super Bowl 2 years later. Even they died out. It remains to be seen what these Giants will do, but I think they've got a good shot to stay solid.

The thing that really stands out to me is that these strong AFC teams get strong and stay that way. The Colts and Pats have been dominant for the better part of the decade. And I think you could make a similar case for the Broncos in the late 90's early 00's, the Titans during that period, and a few other teams. What NFC teams have been consistent over that time? You could argue the Eagles maybe, or the Rams, but that's really it....

vCash
    The whole argument between determing how good a quarterback is based on Super Bowl Rings or Stats is ********. You determine the best Quarterback by a balance of the 2 with great intangibles. To the idiot who said stats are all that matters, is a 9 yard pass on 3rd and 10 better than a 3 yard pass on 2nd and 2? No, but the 9 yard throw will get him more pass yards, hence why a lot of the times QB's throw a ton of yards when their losing by 17+ pts. Also, the system has a lot to do with it, like Martz's system which values the QB and throwing vs. Jimmy Johnson's system which valued great running and having Troy make clutch throws when necessary... Drew Bledsoe Put up great statistics, so did Vinny Testaverde, does anyone really consider them better than Elway and his 79 career rating? Of course not. But does Trent Dilfer's ring make him better than Marino or Tarkenton? Again, of course not. I mean would anyone say Tony Romo's first 2 years starting are better than Tom Brady's first 2 years starting? He threw for more Yards, TD's, had more regular season wins, but didn't win a SB...

It is a mix between them both that makes a player truly great, also intangibles like how much that player helped/hurt the team. To determine which current QB is better simply think what would happen if they changed teams. Would dallas do better with Romo or Palmer or Brees? What about NO? What about Cincinnati?

vCash
    Patriots/colts/chargers/steelers

What team BESIDES Dallas can REALLY compete with NE or IND in the NFC?

Best 2 Qb's (brady, manning)
    Best RB: Tomlinson
    Few top WR's: Moss, ocho cinco, harrison

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bostncelts34 View Post
    Patriots/colts/chargers/steelers

What team BESIDES Dallas can REALLY compete with NE or IND in the NFC?

Best 2 Qb's (brady, manning)
    Best RB: Tomlinson
    Few top WR's: Moss, ocho cinco, harrison
    The Giants can compete with NE and Indy...

vCash
    can someone tell me these NFC teams that have "caught up" because if anything i see the AFC pulling away from the NFC with teams such as jacksonville and cleveland becoming legit playoff teams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk4theW1n View Post
    can someone tell me these NFC teams that have "caught up" because if anything i see the AFC pulling away from the NFC with teams such as jacksonville and cleveland becoming legit playoff teams
    I can tell you this and it was in my prior post:

2006, AFC won 40 of 64 games head to head and had 10 teams with a record of > 0.500 vs NFC versus the NFC having 1 team with a record of 0.500 vs AFC teams.

2007, AFC and NFC split 32-32. AFC had 8 teams with record of >0.500 against NFC. NFC had 7 teams with record of >0.500 vs. AFC.

It's more even than it has been in awhile.

vCash
    Heres the top teams

AFC: Pats, Colts, Chargers, Jaguars, Steelers, Browns.
    NFC: Cowboys, Giants, Packers, Vikings, Seahawks, Bucs.

AFC is better because they have Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Randy Moss, LaDainian Tomlinson, Chad Johnson, Reggie Wayne, and Larry Johnson.

The NFC has good players like Tony Romo and Adrian Peterson and probly better defenses but the AFC will destroy the NFC anyday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OSUFOOTBALL3 View Post
    Heres the top teams

AFC: Pats, Colts, Chargers, Jaguars, Steelers, Browns.
    NFC: Cowboys, Giants, Packers, Vikings, Seahawks, Bucs.

AFC is better because they have Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Randy Moss, LaDainian Tomlinson, Chad Johnson, Reggie Wayne, and Larry Johnson.

The NFC has good players like Tony Romo and Adrian Peterson and probly better defenses but the AFC will destroy the NFC anyday.
    how about last year?
    32-32...
    musta been luck

you cant just compare the top teams.
    there is alot of depth in the NFC, and talent is more evenly spread out.
    the 7-9 bears beat the 13-3 packers twice last year.

the AFC had garbage teams like miami, NYJ, raiders, chiefs, and ravens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EaglesRuleWorld View Post
    NFC Vs AFC

Super Bowl: NFC
    Pro Bowl:NFC

Wins mean everything, so the NFC is better than the AFC.
    The pro bowl is not taken seriously by anyone, honestly. Not even the players. And the Super Bowl is just one game, so I don't get how you can say how one conference is so much better than another just based off of 1 game alone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYMetros View Post
    The pro bowl is not taken seriously by anyone, honestly. Not even the players. And the Super Bowl is just one game, so I don't get how you can say how one conference is so much better than another just based off of 1 game alone.
    I dont care what your agurment is, to say that the Super Bowk is just one game is just plain stupid!!!

vCash
    first giants fans need to stop living the dream and come back to reality, that they are not the best team in the nfl

my take on this AFC has the dominant teams, but they also have the extremely crappy teams, nfc is more even with all teams being somewhat solid with a couple of very good ones

nfc QBs hasselback, romo, bulger, mcnabb, *favre*, brees, garcia, delhomme

RBs portis, barber, westbrook, jackson, gore, peterson, Grant,

WRs Steve smith, fitzgerald, boldin, holt, burress, owens, roy williams, colston, galloway

TEs, Cooley, Witten, Davis

Only argue,ents i could agree is that the afc has better qbs, and maybe better TEs, WRs are equal and i believe the nfc has better RBs

In terms if they played each other the whole time you would see that the records would be even as we saw last season
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by henderson56 View Post
    I dont care what your agurment is, to say that the Super Bowk is just one game is just plain stupid!!!
    it is just one game if they played a 7 game series the giants would have been lucky to win 2 the patriots were clearly a better team than the giants

I hate both teams, but thats the way it was
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by henderson56 View Post
    WHAT????? The Superbowl IS just one game. Anyone that would dispute that just hasn't grown their cerebral cortex yet...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast