Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is Global Warming Real?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and we can do something about it

25 54.35%
  • Yes, but there is nothing we can do about it.

8 17.39%
  • No, it's not real.

13 28.26%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Do you Believe Global Warming is REAL?

I was listening to Al Gore speak on 'Meet the Press' on sunday morning. Some of the things he was saying was pretty scary. If it is real, we could be very very ****ed...what's your take on this?

vCash
    yes I believe unbiased scientists who don't have an agenda, or work for a corporation, lobbying group, or political group. I believe those who tell the truth with nothing to gain from it. I instantly dismiss the views of those who have an agenda and something to gain directly from being on one side of an issue.

the evidence is there, the research has been done, and we are seeing the results. It's only those with a political agenda who try to discredit this fact.

vCash
    Yes, it is clearly real. And Al Gore has made millions off of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PHX-SOXFAN View Post
    yes I believe unbiased scientists who don't have an agenda, or work for a corporation, lobbying group, or political group. I believe those who tell the truth with nothing to gain from it. I instantly dismiss the views of those who have an agenda and something to gain directly from being on one side of an issue.

the evidence is there, the research has been done, and we are seeing the results. It's only those with a political agenda who try to discredit this fact.
    Exactly. 100% agree with that post.

I know that there are arguments saying, "The earth warming up is normal, and happens in cycles." Thought that may be true, us humans definitely sped the process up a little, and this is the most rapid the earth has ever warmed probably since the melting of the Ice Age. I also remember a thread made about how 10,000 scientists or some number like that think global warming is false. Then what about the other millions of scientists? They obviously know its a real fact, and that we need to open our eyes.

vCash
    I believe it is, but real or not, it couldnt hurt to be environmentally cautious.

vCash
    Well first, Al Gore is a fear mongering propagandist. That doesn't mean his simple message (the earth is getting warmer, we're to blame, let's fix it) is necessarily wrong. But that's what he does now. So take anything any fear mongering, republican, democrat, American, european, middle eastern, whatever, with a grain of salt.

Now to answer the quesiton. Is the earth getting warmer. By a whole degree in the past 100 years. Does that mean we won't have problems with a warmer earth? Nope. But it is worth noting that the earth has been getting steadily warmer since 1648. Not to mention the fact that it was hotter in 1000 AD than it is today.

But while we have an issue with a raising temperature, it won't be as bad as Al Gore makes it out to be. The human mind doesn't give a **** until disaster is imminent. That's just how we are. That's why few Americans think about the chaos that will insue in the middle east when we run out of oil and how hard it'll be for us to help their economies, because at the same time we're worried about paying 4 bucks a gallon.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsGirl View Post
    I believe it is, but real or not, it couldnt hurt to be environmentally cautious.
    Agreed, but you have to balance that with some sort of a lifestyle and economic propserty.

While I understand the concerns of environmentalists, there are some who want to get rid of all cows and destroy all flush toilets because it's bad for the environment. Fine, stop all africans with malaria by robbing them of DDT (which yes, would have helped them tremendously). but don't take away toilets lol.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    Of course it's real. Anyone who says no is blind. It's a natural occurring thing. But what is debatable is the extent of it, and how much humans have an impact on it.

vCash

Wrong one.. I do that in every single ****ing poll.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PHX-SOXFAN View Post

PSD's highest honor is awarded to you... the 5 clap salute!!!! How can anyone with a brian in this day and age think there is no such thing and there is noting we can do about it?

vCash
    I frankly don't give a damn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
    I frankly don't give a damn.
    Typical self centered person who cares only about themselves. We all live in this world. It's not just about you, you're wants, and you're life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider_Vet View Post
    Typical self centered person who cares only about themselves. We all live in this world. It's not just about you, you're wants, and you're life.
    And?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
    And?
    and it shows that you have zero compasion for anything but yourself. ...and fail to understand the bigger picture.
    Last edited by DenButsu; 07-22-2008 at 05:54 AM. Reason: don't insult other posters

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider_Vet View Post
    and it shows that you have zero compasion for anything but yourself. ...and fail to understand the bigger picture.
    Why waste time worrying and stressing about the bigger picture? I have compassion for things other than myself, but I can't say I care about the environment at all.
    Last edited by DenButsu; 07-22-2008 at 05:56 AM. Reason: edited quoted passage and response to it

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast