Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How many games will Michigan win? ( not counting bowl games )

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • 7 GAMES

8 61.54%
  • 8 GAMES

2 15.38%
  • 9 GAMES

2 15.38%
  • 10 GAMES

1 7.69%
  • 11 GAMES

0 0%
Page 25 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    vCash
    ^no doubt, I'm still not sold on his entire staff but he has shown to be a heck of recruiter and HC so far.

Earning Respect with every Withdrawal

vCash
    Guess they are moving Gardner to the WR. 6-4 would be our largest WR we've had in a while I believe (someone please correct if I'm wrong.)

CHICAGO -- While one Michigan quarterback was in the spotlight Friday at Big Ten media days, another might be even more intriguing.

Denard Robinson's backup, Devin Gardner, is destined for time at wide receiver. Coach Brady Hoke wouldn't commit to how much, but it's clearly part of the fall plan.

Given that there's a need for size at receiver, Gardner is an ideal fit.

"We've got a chance to get Devin on the field as a wide receiver some because of his athleticism, and he's a big guy," Hoke said. "We've got all kinds of different things we look for with Devin."

The adjustment to using his 6-foot-4 frame at another position is a process, but one that Gardner, who will wear No. 12 instead of No. 7 this season, is embracing.

"He handled it well," Hoke said of the spring balance between positions. "He's a competitor, he wants to play, and we all want to play. He also has grown. If he can help the team wherever, he's figuring that out."

Hoke said it helps that the coaches trust third-stringer Russell Bellomy to step in under center if something happens to Robinson and Gardner is at wideout.
    http://www.freep.com/article/2012072...|text|Sports|p

vCash
    I was gonna ask how Gardner could switch to 12 and still be allowed on the field at the same time as Roundtree, but I didn't realize Roy switched to 21.

I hope this doesn't mean Devin won't be the QB next year, I'm leery of handing the reigns over to Morris as a true frosh, but if he's a stud at WR and not promising at QB, I can't blame the staff.

vCash
    Word is they like Russell Bellomy as the QB and he could be the guy in 13 if the Gardner experiment works.

Earning Respect with every Withdrawal

vCash

vCash
    That's crazy how close the top 3 teams are.

vCash
    Hey kind of just curious what the general outlook is for the Alabama game and the 2012 season as a whole for you guys. A few of my friends who are Michigan fans are guaranteeing a W against Bama and say they expect a national title this year. Seems optimistic to me but just looking for some rational expectations from you guys who are pretty level-headed in my experience.

vCash
    Wow yeah I'd say that's pretty optimistic lol. Honestly I'm hoping for a top 10 finish, I think we outplayed our talent last year and guaranteeing a W against Bama is ridiculous. Alabama is the worst kind of matchup for Michigan because they rarely make mistakes and don't beat themselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mkool65 View Post
    Hey kind of just curious what the general outlook is for the Alabama game and the 2012 season as a whole for you guys. A few of my friends who are Michigan fans are guaranteeing a W against Bama and say they expect a national title this year. Seems optimistic to me but just looking for some rational expectations from you guys who are pretty level-headed in my experience.
    IF Michigan wins that game I think it can propel them to a championship run. That said I'm not to optimistic about the Alabama game. I just don't think we or anyone Big 10 team can really compete with Alabama/LSU.

The good thing for Michigan is that we play the first game of the season before Alabama gets a chance to gel and more likely prone to mistakes. If this game were in October/November I'd say no chance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    IF Michigan wins that game I think it can propel them to a championship run. That said I'm not to optimistic about the Alabama game. I just don't think we or anyone Big 10 team can really compete with Alabama/LSU.

The good thing for Michigan is that we play the first game of the season before Alabama gets a chance to gel and more likely prone to mistakes. If this game were in October/November I'd say no chance.
    We'll definitely be rooting for you guys against Alabama so it means more when we beat you guys in Lincoln!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
    We'll definitely be rooting for you guys against Alabama so it means more when we beat you guys in Lincoln!
    Won't mean as much when they're going to Lincoln after another loss to MSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Devils05 View Post
    Won't mean as much when they're going to Lincoln after another loss to MSU

vCash
    I was bored and reading up on some big college scores and found that the 1902 Wolverines beat Michigan Agricultural (now known as MSU) 119-0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I was bored and reading up on some big college scores and found that the 1902 Wolverines beat Michigan Agricultural (now known as MSU) 119-0
    That reminds me of this game:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1916_Cu..._football_game

1,620 yards rushing & 32 TDs
    Last edited by GuySir; 08-04-2012 at 03:55 AM.

vCash

The Official Michigan Thread

Old thread was from 08 and we need a new poll anyways...

Has anyone seen the new rankings? It has Michigan ranked number 8... I really don't like seeing us that high to begin with, might give our players a big head, but Hoke is a great coach and I'm sure can avoid our players taking into numbers like that.

Page 25 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast