Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How many games will Michigan win? ( not counting bowl games )

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • 7 GAMES

8 61.54%
  • 8 GAMES

2 15.38%
  • 9 GAMES

2 15.38%
  • 10 GAMES

1 7.69%
  • 11 GAMES

0 0%
Page 2 of 84 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I give them 9 Wins, as much as I hate to say it, we're going to lose to OSU this year.

Although I simmed the season in NCAA Football 09 and it has UM 11-1 and beating OSU. , we lost to Notre Dame though, o.O

vCash
    Im going to say they will go 6 and 6 this year and barely make a bowl game.

THE FELLOW SOUTH DAKOTA BOYS

props to rdwilliamson for the sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry34 View Post
    Why isn't 6 wins available?
    because they will definately win more than 6.

vCash
    there is no way we lose more than 4 games this year

i will bet anyone on that. osu and wisconsin are losses. msu and just because everyone else thinks psu will be good they are possibilities.

i think psu will struggle this year and win like 7 games. i just dont see them being that good

vCash
    I give them Seven..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalionking View Post
    because they will definately win more than 6.
    They were "definitely" going to beat App State last season also...

vCash
    yup they were but i said they were going to struggle with them cause i knew it was a spread. most people didnt understand but it was our weakness

vCash
    there is no way we lose more than 4 games this year

i will bet anyone on that. osu and wisconsin are losses. msu and just because everyone else thinks psu will be good they are possibilities.

i think psu will struggle this year and win like 7 games. i just dont see them being that good
    I think Ohio State, Wisconsin, Illinois, Penn State and Michigan State will beat u. And i think 1 or 2 out of my 3 underdog picks will beat you this year....Minnesota, ND and Purdue.

vCash
    hahaha minnesota? purdue? i doubt that. we could mess around and win 11 games

we have the talent. it is just a new system

vCash
    hahaha minnesota? purdue? i doubt that. we could mess around and win 11 games

we have the talent. it is just a new system
    You lost a lot of talent and yes its a new system and a new coach. And i called Minnesota and Purdue underdog picks.

vCash

Wolverines say they are in great shape thanks to Barwis

by John Heuser | The Ann Arbor News
    Wednesday July 30, 2008, 3:27 PM
    CHICAGO - Morgan Trent cut a dapper figure at Big Ten media days Friday, donning a dark blue suit, wearing his hair cropped close and his tie knotted just so.

Accessorizing the right hand of the University of Michigan senior cornerback was a sizable ring commemorating the team's Big Ten championship in 2004.

The Wolverines haven't won a conference title since then, and they're not expected to do so this year. Still, Trent grinned easily when asked about the coming season.

"I smile because I know how hard we've worked this summer. We have truly given it our all," he said. "We've gotten better. We've gotten faster. I know I'm in the best condition of my life."

With glaring losses on the offensive side of the ball, including tackle Jake Long, tailback Mike Hart and quarterback Chad Henne, the Wolverines might not be the glamour team of the Big Ten in 2008. But they insist they'll be the hardest working.

"I'm not going to guarantee anything (about wins and losses)," Trent said. "But I'll guarantee we'll be the most well-conditioned and disciplined team on the field, by far."

Trent's confidence about his team's fitness was reinforced by teammates Mike Massey and Tim Jamison, the other players who represented Michigan in Chicago. All three said they've never been stronger or faster. Or more eager to see what they can do when practices begin on Aug. 4.

After a summer regimen with new strength and conditioning coach Mike Barwis, the Wolverines are itching to discover how their workouts will translate onto the field.
    "We worked way too hard to not accomplish a lot," said Massey, a senior tight end. "We worked way too hard and ran way too many sprints."

Five days a week, the players followed their weight room sessions with running - sprinting to be precise. One day of sprinting, Trent said, might include 10 110-yard dashes, followed by 12 40s. When the players hit their targets for times, faster goals were set.

"Coach Barwis will be the first to tell you that's extremely rough," Trent said. "But we embrace it."

Learning to appreciate the workouts was a process, the players acknowledged. When first-year Michigan coach Rich Rodriguez brought Barwis with him from West Virginia to Ann Arbor, the entire culture of the Wolverines' strength and conditioning program changed.

The weight room was gutted of its old equipment and retooled to fit Barwis' system. The players had to learn new lifts and exercises.

Power cleans and squats became workout staples. There were plyometric exercises that involved jumping onto boxes and injury-prevention exercises that focused on shoulders and ankles involving rubber bands. Then there were the workout balls.
    Jamison, a senior defensive end, remembers looking at a big, bouncy ball and being told by trainers that they'd like him to stand on the ball for 30 seconds. "I'd be like, 'What?" Jamison recalled incredulously. "You do it."

Then they did, and Jamison tried, falling off after just a few seconds.

"As time went on, I started getting better," he said.

So, too, have the rest of his teammates at the new regimen.

Jamison said the offensive linemen especially are leaner and stronger than they were a year ago. He said, only partly in jest, that offensive tackle Steve Schilling has abs that resemble a six pack.

After playing above 270 pounds last year, Jamison said he has dropped about 10 pounds. Massey said he has lost a few pounds, as well, while making substantial gains in strength and speed.

"If we lose one game, I'll be mad for the simple fact that we've worked way too hard," Massey said. "We know what we can do. We're excited to show it."

vCash
    Michigan could go 8-4 or 11-1, it all depends on the offense coming together and having a few players step up

vCash
    Michigan could go 8-4 or 11-1, it all depends on the offense coming together and having a few players step up
    I can almost guarantee that they wont go 11-1

vCash
    yeah almost but nobody knows what they will do. i will guarantee they wont lose more than 4.

vCash
    yeah almost but nobody knows what they will do. i will guarantee they wont lose more than 4.
    after the season they had last year, why 'guarentee' anything???

Page 2 of 84 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast