Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

The Michigan State Football Thread

I think it's about time that the 2010 (co) Big Ten Champions deserve their own official thread. Here's the Spartans schedule for the year:

Fri, Sept 2 vs Youngstown State
    Sat, Sept 10 vs Florida Atlantic
    Sat, Sept 17 @ Notre Dame
    Sat, Sept 24 vs Central Michigan
    Sat, Oct 1 @ Ohio State
    Sat, Oct 15 vs Michigan
    Sat, Oct 22 vs Wisconsin
    Sat, Oct 29 @ Nebraska
    Sat, Nov 5 vs Minnesota
    Sat, Nov 12 @ Iowa
    Sat, Nov 19 vs Indiana
    Sat, Nov 26 @ Northwestern

I think a 9 or 10 win season isn't out of the question. We do lose some key guys (Jones, Gordon, Rucker, Dell), but we still do have a good core returning with Cousins (best pure passer in the Big 10) Baker (who's the rock we need at RB) and Cunningham (who'll more then likely become MSU's all time receptions leader this year). Our Defensive line with Worthy, Gholston, White, and Hoover should be awesome. Bullough and Allen will have to fill in some big shoes but I think they have the talent to do so. And our secondary with Robinson, Adams, and Dennard should be solid.

And to end on a high note, let's take a look at a highlight from last season...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1NT4NqlUd0

Go State!
    Last edited by Papa Grande; 08-10-2011 at 05:26 PM.

vCash
    Should be an exciting year in our Legends division, some great talent and teams on our side this year should lead to some entertaining games for sure.

vCash
    I'm predicting a 9-3 season with losses to Wisconsin, Nebraska, and Iowa.

vCash
    Yeah, you guys deserve a thread. Glad to have another great fanbase, great team, and great coach in the Legends division. We can be friends as long as my Hawkeyes keep beating you guys

But seriously, MSU is a very respectable program under Dantonio, and I usually root for them when they aren't playing Iowa.

vCash
    Slow start for our defense, but nice to jump out and score early in the 2nd.

vCash
    Should be a good game on Saturday. Let's keep the streak rolling

vCash
    You're next three games are a pretty tough stretch. I'm still getting used to our new division, we haven't seen many of these teams in several years. This weekends game is a must watch for Husker fans, we have the week off. We'll be watching you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
    You're next three games are a pretty tough stretch. I'm still getting used to our new division, we haven't seen many of these teams in several years. This weekends game is a must watch for Husker fans, we have the week off. We'll be watching you!
    Yeah OSU wasnt a cakewalk either. Hopefully we're in good shape once its over. 1 down, 3 to go

vCash
    Hate to say it but as a Wolverines fan I'll admit that MSU is the better team. Congrats!

vCash
    Thanks, not many UM fans can do that. I wish we could cut down on those stupid fricken penalties though. MSU showed they are for real this week though and that our defense is elite.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mkool65 View Post
    Thanks, not many UM fans can do that. I wish we could cut down on those stupid fricken penalties though. MSU showed they are for real this week though and that our defense is elite.
    Not so fast! Wisconsin next week and Nebraska after that. Win those games and I'm in your corner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mkool65 View Post
    Trust me its not easy to admit but I'm not (or at least try) a sore loser and can admit defeat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
    Not so fast! Wisconsin next week and Nebraska after that. Win those games and I'm in your corner.
    You mean you want us to beat Nebraska?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Devils05 View Post
    You mean you want us to beat Nebraska?
    I really doubt the Spartans win either of their next two games, especially the road game in Lincoln! If they by some miracle manage to win those games, then I believe.

Are you a Duke fan or a Spartan fan? I'm confused!

vCash
    College GameDay coming to East Lansing for Wisconsin game.

desert, I'm a fan of both at least in basketball. Was a bigger Duke fan until I went to MSU for college

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast