Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedCUBBIEblue View Post
    Right, we wouldnt be as good as the Pens 3... but the rest of the guys around the would-be trio of kane/toews/kopitar is a hundred times better than the other guys around the Pens 3 (outside of fleury of course).

Show me where the pens have guys like sharp and buff. Or one of the best top 4 defenders in the league in soup, keith, seabs, sopel. Show me some of the pens great prospects like beach, aliu, skille, hjallmy, makarov... should i go on?

I know that no one can match up with the pens big 3, or even call it big 4 with fleury. But our core extends beyond 4 guys, and our system goes much deeper. I think we will be the better team in the long run, as long as we can afford all of these guys.
    I know. We're better past they're 4 core. What I'm saying is we'd be built around Kopitar, Kane, and Toews for the future, kind of how Pittsburgh is built around they're big 4. We would absolutely be better in the long run. Let's say the Blackhawks didn't have Kane, Toews, and Kopitar (which they don't). Would you take Pittsburgh's roster or the Blackhawks roster without Kane, Toews, and Kopitar and the rest of the gus. I'd take the Blackhawks. Our potential young 3 could excel playing together.

vCash
    I was talking to a few guys I work with about this trade and we came to the conclusion that Barker is as good as gone and Khabby is. The Blackhawks envisioned Barker to be a potential powerplay stud who can put up some nice offensive numbers. The Blackhawks just signed that guy in Brian Campbell. He's going to make nearly 3 million and his game is just starting to improve. Hes a work in progress but will take more time. The Hawks dont need him or need to pay him as much as hes earning in this phase of his young career.

At first I was worried about losing Seabrook but not anymore. Theres no doubt in my mind Barker will be gone by the trade deadline.

As for the pens top 3 vs the Hawks top 3.... Its obviously going to go to the Pens but I would rather have Toews, Kane or Kopitar over Staal.
    Last edited by cubsbears1225; 07-18-2008 at 07:47 PM.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbears1225 View Post
    I was talking to a few guys I work with about this trade and we came to the conclusion that Barker is as good as gone and Khabby is. The Blackhawks envisioned Barker to be a potential powerplay stud who can put up some nice offensive numbers. The Blackhawks just signed that guy in Brian Campbell. He's going to make nearly 3 million and his game is just starting to improve. Hes a work in progress but will take more time. The Hawks dont need him or need to pay him as much as hes earning in this phase of his young career.

At first I was worried about losing Seabrook but not anymore. Theres no doubt in my mind Barker will be gone by the trade deadline.

As for the pens top 3 vs the Hawks top 3.... Its obviously going to go to the Pens but I would rather have Toews, Kane or Kopitar over Staal.
    That Pens top 3 is obviously better than our proposed one. If the Blackhawks were minus Kopitar, Kane, and Toews, and they were replaced with Malkin, Crosby, and Staal, the Blackhawks would be better. The Penguins 2008-2009 roster vs. the Blackhaks with Staal, Crosby, and Malkin clones without Kopitar, Kane, and Toews. The Blackhawks would win because they're more deep. The point is if we got Kopitar, Kane, and Toews on the same roster, we could kind of develop like the Penguins did, in 3 years they were a few games away from Lord's Stanley.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
    That Pens top 3 is obviously better than our proposed one. If the Blackhawks were minus Kopitar, Kane, and Toews, and they were replaced with Malkin, Crosby, and Staal, the Blackhawks would be better. The Penguins 2008-2009 roster vs. the Blackhaks with Staal, Crosby, and Malkin clones without Kopitar, Kane, and Toews. The Blackhawks would win because they're more deep. The point is if we got Kopitar, Kane, and Toews on the same roster, we could kind of develop like the Penguins did, in 3 years they were a few games away from Lord's Stanley.
    I wouldn't say we're more deep.....they have guys like Talbot, DuPuis, etc.
    Thanks JO-MO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chicagofan71 View Post
    I wouldn't say we're more deep.....they have guys like Talbot, DuPuis, etc.
    So the other guys we have on our roster like Keith, Campbell, Byfuglien, Sharp, etc. are not as god as the Penguins other players besides Crosby and Malkin? What I mean is, besides the Penguins young core and Blackhawks young core the Blackhawks have better players. In 3-4 years, the Blackhawks will be better than the Pittsburgh Penguins. Just watch.

vCash
    So the other guys we have on our roster like Keith, Campbell, Byfuglien, Sharp, etc. are not as god as the Penguins other players besides Crosby and Malkin? What I mean is, besides the Penguins young core and Blackhawks young core the Blackhawks have better players. In 3-4 years, the Blackhawks will be better than the Pittsburgh Penguins. Just watch.
    Gonchar, Whitney, Malone, dupuis, Sykora....

They still have some decent depth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbears1225 View Post
    Gonchar, Whitney, Malone, dupuis, Sykora....

They still have some decent depth.
    Besides the potential young 3 for the Blackhawks (Kopitar, Kane, & Toews) We still have Keith, Campbell, Byfuglien, Sharp, etc. Pittsburgh is very good, but if the Penguins didn't have one of Malkin or Crosby, the Blackhawks would be a better team. That's my opinion though.

vCash
    Besides the potential young 3 for the Blackhawks (Kopitar, Kane, & Toews) We still have Keith, Campbell, Byfuglien, Sharp, etc. Pittsburgh is very good, but if the Penguins didn't have one of Malkin or Crosby, the Blackhawks would be a better team. That's my opinion though.
    Well taking away Malkin and Crosby is kinda like saying take away Jordan and Pippen. I understand what you are saying and do believe the Hawks may have better depth but you left out some of the penguins players who make that team solid. I just added a few.

vCash
    basically what he's trying to say, is that you look at the hawks and the pens. Now take away Crosby/Malkin/Staal from the pens, and Kane/Toews/and a hypothetical Kopitar away from the Hawks. Now looking at those two rosters without those guys, who is better?

If the hawks played the pens in one game where those 6 guys mentioned were'nt on the ice, the Hawks would win easy. It's not even a contest. There is no way that they could keep up with us in that scenario.

vCash
    is there any other offers that you guys can think of that would land us Kopitar? maybe make an adjustment to the ones already mentioned, or come up with your own...

vCash
    is there any other offers that you guys can think of that would land us Kopitar? maybe make an adjustment to the ones already mentioned, or come up with your own...
    just Barker, Khabby, and some draft picks

vCash
    im not too sure about that. You have to look at it from the kings point of view. Kopitar is one of the best young forwards in all of hockey. He is worth quite a bit.

i think we have been shooting this thing a little short. I think they will want Bulin, Barker, either beach or aliu, and a draft pick.

If i were dale, i would offer them bulin, barker, brouwer, and next years 1st round pick. if they didnt like it, i would replace brouwer with skille. If they didnt like that, i would maybe add in another prospect. Maybe someone like evan brophey or nate davis.

but that is still not saying they would do it. i'm sure that kopitar wont go anywhere.

vCash
    im not too sure about that. You have to look at it from the kings point of view. Kopitar is one of the best young forwards in all of hockey. He is worth quite a bit.

i think we have been shooting this thing a little short. I think they will want Bulin, Barker, either beach or aliu, and a draft pick.

If i were dale, i would offer them bulin, barker, brouwer, and next years 1st round pick. if they didnt like it, i would replace brouwer with skille. If they didnt like that, i would maybe add in another prospect. Maybe someone like evan brophey or nate davis.

but that is still not saying they would do it. i'm sure that kopitar wont go anywhere.
    Oh yeah, I bet there is like a 2 % chance we will land Kopitar. Id have no problem with trading the following...Kontiola, Brouwer, Hjalmarrson, Blunden, or possibly Skille if its for a ploayer like Kopitar.

Now heres a curveball for ya, if the price is right, Id maybe even throw Byfuglien's name out there just to see what we can get for him. Ofcourse Id try to trade Lang first but for some reason I dont see Buff in a Hawks jersey for a long time. If Aliu is ready this year, then it would make it easier to let go of big buff and assuming Beach is only 1 year away. I like Byfuglien just as much as the next guy but everyone has a price and to get a player like Kopitar, the Hawks are going to have to give as well. This would also create room for Aliu on the 3rd line.
    Last edited by cubsbears1225; 07-19-2008 at 03:52 PM.

vCash
    I dont know, but I dont think that buff is going anywhere anytime soon. If the hawks are going to make a deal, it is going to involve players from one of two buckets, or maybe both.

The first bucket is players that are old and have bad contracts. The langs/Bulins/ and even havlats of the world. i know havlats not old, but hes got a crappy contract.

The other bucket is prospects/draft picks. And I even think there would be a few untouchable prospects out there like aliu and beach. But we do have some very good prospects that could be able to bring in a huge player.

I would love to see us make a play for a kopitar or vermette by using a bunch of those young guys. I think if we packaged skille, brouwer, hjallmy, and barker for a kopitar. if we made that offer to the kings, they might have to think about it a little longer than they would want to.

The thing I like though, is that we know dale has something up his sleeve. We will make a rather large trade, if not a blockbuster trade, by the time the season starts. We have some salary to get rid of and have some very good players to give. So something will get done...

vCash
    Kopitar is nothing but a pipe dream at this point.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast