Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedCUBBIEblue View Post
    see, i do like Hjallmy... just not as much as the hawks do. they think hes gonna be a great player, and yea, he was solid last year. i just dont see the top flight skill level they keep talking about.
    where did you hear that they are so high on him? If so, I would have assumed they would have let Wiz walk and let him play.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbears1225 View Post
    where did you hear that they are so high on him? If so, I would have assumed they would have let Wiz walk and let him play.
    Wiz and Hjalmarsson play two totally different styles. Wiz is obviously more physical and brings that extra toughness. Hjalmarsson while some what physical is not in the same category as Wiz. Plus Wiz has the experience and has proven himself.

http://www.360Elite4free.com/index.php?ref=3943971

Sign up using this link to get a free Xbox 360 Elite. Set up your account as a referal account. Then select Instant Offers and choose one of those to do and complete the offer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyplaya97 View Post
    Wiz and Hjalmarsson play two totally different styles. Wiz is obviously more physical and brings that extra toughness. Hjalmarsson while some what physical is not in the same category as Wiz. Plus Wiz has the experience and has proven himself.
    yes but then who would be the odd man out between Campbell, Keith, Seabbrook, Sopel, Barker and Wizniewski?

vCash
    yes but then who would be the odd man out between Campbell, Keith, Seabbrook, Sopel, Barker and Wizniewski?
    none... well not yet anyway. hjallmy is still what?.. 20 years old. so he's still got some time to develop. But in due time, he will be the one that plays. I'm not going to predict the future, but i'm guessing that his playing time will come when someone gets traded or when sopel's time here is done.

Cause there is no way that he is going to play over soup, dunc, seabs, bark, or wiz.

vCash
    thats just what they've been saying about him since they brought him up this past year. just the way dale talks about him and savy talks about him when they are interviewed. Plus, he's only 20, and he's getting a significant look. That is saying something, especially considering the defense that we have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedCUBBIEblue View Post
    thats just what they've been saying about him since they brought him up this past year. just the way dale talks about him and savy talks about him when they are interviewed. Plus, he's only 20, and he's getting a significant look. That is saying something, especially considering the defense that we have.
    hopefully he turns out to be good.

vCash
    For LA to trade Kopitar would be ********...

Absolutely moronic activity...Hextall must have taken one too many punches to the head in his day or something...

vCash
    I think everyone is overvaluing Havlat a little here. Why would LA want Havlat for just one year? The only reason they would need a player for 1 year is to get to the cap minimum and they could do that with a pricey goalie who could atleast stop the puck, not a guy made of glass. I think we have to stop overvaluing Havlat as if we traded him for a draft pick, we would be lucky to get a 2nd round pick right now, more likely a 3rd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    I think everyone is overvaluing Havlat a little here. Why would LA want Havlat for just one year? The only reason they would need a player for 1 year is to get to the cap minimum and they could do that with a pricey goalie who could atleast stop the puck, not a guy made of glass. I think we have to stop overvaluing Havlat as if we traded him for a draft pick, we would be lucky to get a 2nd round pick right now, more likely a 3rd.
    well Bourque was just traded for a 2nd rounder so Im sure a deal including Havlat would be better than Bourque's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cessna View Post
    For LA to trade Kopitar would be ********...

Absolutely moronic activity...Hextall must have taken one too many punches to the head in his day or something...
    It would, and once all of the Blackhawks heard Kopitar's name in the trade rumors, we all started drooling over the fact we could possibly have 4 rising stars on our team (Kane, Toews, Keith, and Kopitar). The Kings would be stupid, because there not in a position to win, and if they're going to rebuild, they have a 20 year old stud on their team already. Remember though, Kopitar is a restricted free agent after this year, so he may get a hefty contract from another team, and Los Angeles may not want to match. I'd take him on the Blackhawks any day.

vCash
    I agree that we got a 2nd round pick for Bourque and you would think that a 1st for Havlat would be easy. I for one am absolutely amazed that we got a 2nd round pick for Bourque...wow I don't know what Calgary was thinking but they definitely overpaid for him, I guess only time can tell depending on who we draft. I just don't see teams paying a lot for Havlat, but definitely a point well taken there thinking that if someone overpaid for Bourque, I suppose they could for Havlat too.
    That is a good point on the Kopitar front. While I do not think that the Blackhawks will end up with Kopitar, maybe the fact that they won't win next year and then will have to pay a RFA will force them into trading him this year.

Please remember this Blackhawk fans, if you are to get a guy like Kopitar, you are going to have to overpay in your mind to make the deal almost fair to everyone else. Everyone tends to overvalue their players.

I'll play the game...lets see if I can get a trade that I feel we are giving up a lot and see what people think. Probably won't happen but hey it could!

Blackhawks give up: Khabibulin, Skille, Brouwer, 1st round pick in 2010, 2nd round pick in 2009
    Kings give up: Kopitar and Tom Preissing

Blackhawks could then afford to send Barker to the Sens for Neil and a draft pick/prospect.

Would also allow the Blackhawks to get rid of Lang who has 4 million on the blocks this year.

Sending Khabibulin to the Kings is the only contract they take on as Skille/Brouwer are AHL/NHL guys and they get 2 more draft picks.

What do ya think?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    I agree that we got a 2nd round pick for Bourque and you would think that a 1st for Havlat would be easy. I for one am absolutely amazed that we got a 2nd round pick for Bourque...wow I don't know what Calgary was thinking but they definitely overpaid for him, I guess only time can tell depending on who we draft. I just don't see teams paying a lot for Havlat, but definitely a point well taken there thinking that if someone overpaid for Bourque, I suppose they could for Havlat too.
    That is a good point on the Kopitar front. While I do not think that the Blackhawks will end up with Kopitar, maybe the fact that they won't win next year and then will have to pay a RFA will force them into trading him this year.

Please remember this Blackhawk fans, if you are to get a guy like Kopitar, you are going to have to overpay in your mind to make the deal almost fair to everyone else. Everyone tends to overvalue their players.

I'll play the game...lets see if I can get a trade that I feel we are giving up a lot and see what people think. Probably won't happen but hey it could!

Blackhawks give up: Khabibulin, Skille, Brouwer, 1st round pick in 2010, 2nd round pick in 2009
    Kings give up: Kopitar and Tom Preissing

Blackhawks could then afford to send Barker to the Sens for Neil and a draft pick/prospect.

Would also allow the Blackhawks to get rid of Lang who has 4 million on the blocks this year.

Sending Khabibulin to the Kings is the only contract they take on as Skille/Brouwer are AHL/NHL guys and they get 2 more draft picks.

What do ya think?
    We'd be 2nd best team in the West behind Detroit. I'm not kidding. The Blackhawks would be stacked with young talent for years to come. They'd be the next Pittsburgh Penguins of the NHL. Toews-Kane-Kopitar would be like Pittsburgh's Crosby-Malkin-Stall young guys, not as good but we'd be Stanley Cup contenders for about 7-10 years. Detroit has a few young stars like Datsuk and Zetterberg, but in 5 years they'll be washed up and we'll still be going.

vCash
    Alright BOOM, lets tackle this idea...

I really like what you had to say, about overpaying in our mind because your right, i do (and we all do) overvalue our own guys. With that said, I think that would still be coming up short for the kings to give up Kopitar.

I do like your idea of giving up the draft picks though. Especially an upcoming first rounder, because I know I dont as well as the hawks dont plan on it being a very high pick whatsoever. I also dont mind giving up skille and brouwer. I think those two are highly regarded young guys that any team would love to have.

I think the deal would work if it was those players for just kopitar. But you're getting greedy when you throw in priessing. Plus, by adding him in, that doesn't help to solve LA's cap problem.

I think one thing that might be able to entice them a little more is to offer them some D. It sounds like they just want to keep adding some young stud defenders, so maybe throwing in Barker instead of either skille or brouwer might help.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
    We'd be 2nd best team in the West behind Detroit. I'm not kidding. The Blackhawks would be stacked with young talent for years to come. They'd be the next Pittsburgh Penguins of the NHL. Toews-Kane-Kopitar would be like Pittsburgh's Crosby-Malkin-Stall young guys, not as good but we'd be Stanley Cup contenders for about 7-10 years. Detroit has a few young stars like Datsuk and Zetterberg, but in 5 years they'll be washed up and we'll still be going.
    Right, we wouldnt be as good as the Pens 3... but the rest of the guys around the would-be trio of kane/toews/kopitar is a hundred times better than the other guys around the Pens 3 (outside of fleury of course).

Show me where the pens have guys like sharp and buff. Or one of the best top 4 defenders in the league in soup, keith, seabs, sopel. Show me some of the pens great prospects like beach, aliu, skille, hjallmy, makarov... should i go on?

I know that no one can match up with the pens big 3, or even call it big 4 with fleury. But our core extends beyond 4 guys, and our system goes much deeper. I think we will be the better team in the long run, as long as we can afford all of these guys.

vCash
    The thing about LA is that I don't think that they need anymore D. They have solid young D-men and just drafted another. I guess if Preissing comes this way you can ship out Barker too, but they are pretty solid on the Backend and just need some Forwards and Goalies.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast