Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

the Bulin 3 way trade Idea thread

Well, we've all been talking about these rumors with the trade of Bulin and others with the Sens and Kings. Now, I know that trade happening is unlikely, but since its the offseason, we get to have some fun. So, what is your trade proposal for this deal. What do you think it would take to get Kopitar? Who should we give up? Should we even do this deal?

To get it started, here are the proposed ideas already:
    LA gets - Gerber and Meszeros
    Chi gets - Kopitar
    Ott gets - Bulin and Seabs or Barker
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2008/...Potential_Sen/

the other one is:
    Sens get: Khabibulin,Barker and Sharp
    Kings get: Gerber, Seabrook and Neil or Vermette
    Hawks get: Ersberg,Preissing ,O'Sullivan and Vermette or Neil
    http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=16257

Then I heard Havlat's name thrown out there as well along with a few others.

So with that said... what are your proposed trades? how do you think this should work?

vCash
    alright, i'm off to class for the day fellas... when i get back later tonight, I will put in my thoughts of how this trade should work. But until then, i better see some good ideas!

vCash
    As much fun as a trade like this would be, this is what Tallon had to say about it....
    http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....,4671715.story

I know everyone will say that a GM can't say that he is trading for another team's players and what not but I donno...I think that Tallon could be telling the truth on this one. I mean, do trades of this magnitude really get out into the Blog world before they do with a true insider? and most of the time huge trades like this dont even get out to insiders.

vCash
    yea, i understand that. but the point of the thread is to just have fun with this topic. i know its unlikely, but what else do we have to talk about during the offseason?

just go crazy with some trade ideas for this. throw in some top prospects, and some other top end players as well. just wait till you see how crazy my ideas are...

vCash
    bulin, havlat, and barker shipped out.

bulin to ottawa for neil

havlat and barker to LA for Kopitar.

vCash
    I'll tell you who I think are good trading chips that I am not too high on and guys that I could see us offering in trades.

#1 Troy Brouwer - He can score at the AHL level...but cannot keep up at the NHL level. He better improve his foot speed otherwise we should trade him while his value is high.

#2 Jack Skille - People hate it when I toss out his name. I think that one day he could be a 50 point guy in the NHL with 20 goals and 30 assists, however I do not see him scoring more than this, but his value is higher. That is why I say trade a guy like Jack Skille. I hope I am wrong, and people love him for some reason, but I have watched him and just do not see it.

#3 - Barker/Havlat/Lang/Khabi are all guys that I think we could trade, not necessarily trade high (Exception of Barker who has good value) but we could get rid of some salary and it depends on who we get back. I also think Craig Adams is expandable for a low trade pick and then you could pick up Kevyn Adams for dirt cheap.

# 4 - Trade 1st round draft picks. People in this league over value a first round draft pick and if you trade one, you usually get someone pretty good back, which means that your team should make the playoffs and advance and have a 1st round draft pick # 20 - # 30. I think the only draft picks worth keeping in the first round are 1 - 10, and even then those guys aren't guaranteed to make the NHL. You find steals and superstars in rounds 2 - 7. Just look at detroit.

# 5 - Hjalrmarsson - The Blackhawks are high on him, I don't see why. He can make a quick pass out of the defensive zone time from time but he is undersized and doesn't impress me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    I'll tell you who I think are good trading chips that I am not too high on and guys that I could see us offering in trades.

#1 Troy Brouwer - He can score at the AHL level...but cannot keep up at the NHL level. He better improve his foot speed otherwise we should trade him while his value is high.

#2 Jack Skille - People hate it when I toss out his name. I think that one day he could be a 50 point guy in the NHL with 20 goals and 30 assists, however I do not see him scoring more than this, but his value is higher. That is why I say trade a guy like Jack Skille. I hope I am wrong, and people love him for some reason, but I have watched him and just do not see it.

#3 - Barker/Havlat/Lang/Khabi are all guys that I think we could trade, not necessarily trade high (Exception of Barker who has good value) but we could get rid of some salary and it depends on who we get back. I also think Craig Adams is expandable for a low trade pick and then you could pick up Kevyn Adams for dirt cheap.

# 4 - Trade 1st round draft picks. People in this league over value a first round draft pick and if you trade one, you usually get someone pretty good back, which means that your team should make the playoffs and advance and have a 1st round draft pick # 20 - # 30. I think the only draft picks worth keeping in the first round are 1 - 10, and even then those guys aren't guaranteed to make the NHL. You find steals and superstars in rounds 2 - 7. Just look at detroit.

# 5 - Hjalrmarsson - The Blackhawks are high on him, I don't see why. He can make a quick pass out of the defensive zone time from time but he is undersized and doesn't impress me.
    This is honestly a great post and I agree and have thought of everything you typed. Barker is making nearly 3 million this year and it would make the most sense to ship him off along with Khabbi than Sending Seabrook anywhere.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianYankee View Post
    bulin, havlat, and barker shipped out.

bulin to ottawa for neil

havlat and barker to LA for Kopitar.
    This would be F-ing amazing....add more young talent to this team...holy **** the Hawks will be out ****ing standing for years if this happens

vCash
    I would only trade Khabi, Barker, and Havlat right now....and the Havlat one would only be if we aquired Kopitar....otherwise I would keep him.

vCash
    Why would you trade Havlat only for Kopitar but you wouldn't trade Lang? Lang, Havlat, Khabi all have only one year left on their contracts and have large contracts at 4 mil, 6 mil, and 6.75 mil and will not be on the team come the year after this one? Not to mention if you trade Havlat...you are going to have to give up more to get Kopitar....a lot more considering their age, durability, salary, and length of contract.

vCash
    alright... you guys didnt really put up any trade proposals... that was lame. so i say thanks to CY, at least you put something up, i like it.

well, since the rest of you were too lame to put something up... i guess i'll put mine up in hopes to get it started. so here we go;

Chi gets - Kopitar, Vermette
    LA gets - Gerber, Meszeros, Havlat, Skille
    Ott gets - Bulin, O'sullivan, and Hjalmarsson

OK, now i know your saying that we got 2 amazing guys and the other teams go screwed... but if you look at what each team gives up and gets back in return, its pretty fair i think.

Chi gives: Bulin, Havlat, Skille, Hjalmarsson
    gets: Kopitar, Vermette

LA gives: Kopitar, O'sullivan
    gets: Gerber, Meszeros, Havlat, Skille

Ott gives: Gerber, Meszeros, Vermette
    gets: Bulin, O'sullivan, Hjallmarson

Now, if you look at what each team gives up vs. what they get in return, it works out pretty fairly. The only question might be with ottawa. But if you look at it, they are getting rid of two guys that are RFAs and are going to require a lot of money. so getting rid of them and getting what they got in return is not a bad option.

so, whats your assessment? lets hear it, rip into me... who gave too much? too little?

Also, make up some of your own trade ideas for this situation if you dont like what mine was....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedCUBBIEblue View Post
    alright... you guys didnt really put up any trade proposals... that was lame. so i say thanks to CY, at least you put something up, i like it.

well, since the rest of you were too lame to put something up... i guess i'll put mine up in hopes to get it started. so here we go;

Chi gets - Kopitar, Vermette
    LA gets - Gerber, Meszeros, Havlat, Skille
    Ott gets - Bulin, O'sullivan, and Hjalmarsson

OK, now i know your saying that we got 2 amazing guys and the other teams go screwed... but if you look at what each team gives up and gets back in return, its pretty fair i think.

Chi gives: Bulin, Havlat, Skille, Hjalmarsson
    gets: Kopitar, Vermette

LA gives: Kopitar, O'sullivan
    gets: Gerber, Meszeros, Havlat, Skille

Ott gives: Gerber, Meszeros, Vermette
    gets: Bulin, O'sullivan, Hjallmarson

Now, if you look at what each team gives up vs. what they get in return, it works out pretty fairly. The only question might be with ottawa. But if you look at it, they are getting rid of two guys that are RFAs and are going to require a lot of money. so getting rid of them and getting what they got in return is not a bad option.

so, whats your assessment? lets hear it, rip into me... who gave too much? too little?

Also, make up some of your own trade ideas for this situation if you dont like what mine was....

I like what u got there... but i have one problem... Skille. If anything, i would trough Barker in there in place of Skille. I think Skille will be a great power forward for us in the years to come. Lets give him a chance to settle in and get there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WillyBeamon View Post
    I like what u got there... but i have one problem... Skille. If anything, i would trough Barker in there in place of Skille. I think Skille will be a great power forward for us in the years to come. Lets give him a chance to settle in and get there.

i was actually going back and forth with barker and skille. but i threw in skille in the deal instead of bark because i didnt want to give away too much D. i figured we would be getting enough offense in return from the deal to where it wouldnt matter if we give away skille. I didnt like the idea of giving away Hjallmy and barker all at once, especially if we werent getting any D in return. Plus, I think skille and barker both have a ton of upside, but I think barkers ceiling is a little higher.

And the other huge plus of this deal is that we are shedding our bad contracts (bulin and havlat), and we arent giving away any of the core (seabs, sharp...)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedCUBBIEblue View Post
    i was actually going back and forth with barker and skille. but i threw in skille in the deal instead of bark because i didnt want to give away too much D. i figured we would be getting enough offense in return from the deal to where it wouldnt matter if we give away skille. I didnt like the idea of giving away Hjallmy and barker all at once, especially if we werent getting any D in return. Plus, I think skille and barker both have a ton of upside, but I think barkers ceiling is a little higher.

And the other huge plus of this deal is that we are shedding our bad contracts (bulin and havlat), and we arent giving away any of the core (seabs, sharp...)
    Yeah, Id give them Skille as long as Kopitar is in the deal.....I still dont like Hjallmy

vCash
    see, i do like Hjallmy... just not as much as the hawks do. they think hes gonna be a great player, and yea, he was solid last year. i just dont see the top flight skill level they keep talking about.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast