6 21.43%
  • Josh Hamilton

22 78.57%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    I'd give my middle nut to have Hamilton on the Jays

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HighVelocity View Post
    Morneau is going to be a great first-baseman for a long time and Hamilton will be a great outfielder for a long time. Talent wise, I have to go with Hamilton. Morneau is a big talent, but Hamilton is an even bigger talent IMO. Morneau is capable of putting up great numbers (won the 2006 AL MVP award). Hamilton on the other hand is capable of putting up sensational numbers. He is a candidate for the 2008 AL MVP award. Most teams would probably pick Hamilton instead of Morneau for that very reason. I say Hamilton is the better overall player.
    Hamilton is capable of putting up sensational numbers because of the ballpark he plays in for 81 games. Already showed his splits away from Arlington and he is a very average, and I mean average ballplayer away from home. Morneau's numbers would look just as good if not better than Hamilton's if he played in Texas. Morneau's career numbers at Arlington are .338/.430/.750 with 8 HR and 24 RBI in just 68 AB's (20 games). I hate doing this but put him in Arlington for a season (81 games) and multiply his career numbers there by 4 (remember that he has played in 20 games there) to get 80 games and he'd have 32 HR and 96 RBI just in that stadium.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilson21 View Post
    Hamilton is capable of putting up sensational numbers because of the ballpark he plays in for 81 games. Already showed his splits away from Arlington and he is a very average, and I mean average ballplayer away from home. Morneau's numbers would look just as good if not better than Hamilton's if he played in Texas. Morneau's career numbers at Arlington are .338/.430/.750 with 8 HR and 24 RBI in just 68 AB's (20 games). I hate doing this but put him in Arlington for a season (81 games) and multiply his career numbers there by 4 (remember that he has played in 20 games there) to get 80 games and he'd have 32 HR and 96 RBI just in that stadium.
    I guess you're right. To be honest I'd still rather have Hamilton on my team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HighVelocity View Post
    I guess you're right. To be honest I'd still rather have Hamilton on my team.
    That's fine. I'd take him too but not over Morneau.

vCash
    Morneau

vCash
    Ill take Hamilton as well, because he has that talent you can't teach, and Morneau is very well coached and well polished.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12