Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 60
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    15,568
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah, it's a shame that business exploited it, but it's a fundamental weakness of many Americans:

    I want what I want quickly. I don't want to work years for a nest egg, I want it now. Consequences? I'll worry about that later. Long term what?
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

    RIP Jesse Helms

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    15,568
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by moonman View Post
    Some schlepp laborer making $12.00 an hour finds herself in an office and is being told, "You can have this ONE MILLION DOLLAR condominium built by DONALD TRUMP no less for nothing more than your signature on this piece of paper. Can't make the payments? Don't worry you can always sell it and put the profit in your purse and walk away."

    This is a bank doing the talking of course. Those conservative, prudent money managers of utmost integrity. The one's she was taught to respect and trust. The one's who promised to make her rich beyond her wildest dreams. Yeah okay it's her fault.

    Forget about fiduciary duty, like any of you have the slightest clue to what that means anyway. LMAO.
    I said both parties are at fault, but that would require basic readng comprehension for you to see that I guess.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

    RIP Jesse Helms

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    930
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    I said both parties are at fault, but that would require basic readng comprehension for you to see that I guess.
    All you do is troll here. You haven't started a thread in weeks, maybe months because few read your drivel and fewer comment.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Gainesville, VA
    Posts
    5,551
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by moonman View Post
    Some schlepp laborer making $12.00 an hour finds herself in an office and is being told, "You can have this ONE MILLION DOLLAR condominium built by DONALD TRUMP no less for nothing more than your signature on this piece of paper. Can't make the payments? Don't worry you can always sell it and put the profit in your purse and walk away."

    This is a bank doing the talking of course. Those conservative, prudent money managers of utmost integrity. The one's she was taught to respect and trust. The one's who promised to make her rich beyond her wildest dreams. Yeah okay it's her fault.

    Forget about fiduciary duty, like any of you have the slightest clue to what that means anyway. LMAO.
    I disagree. Because no matter how hard the mortgage broker tried.. if she already had a mortgage on her credit and only made $12.00 no underwriter (manual or automatic) would approve her for that loan. The broker would have to falsify her income and then create false documentation to support such claims.
    oh my god! did you hear? Alex Rodriguez left a floater and didn't do a double flush!!! someone alert the media this must be news!

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    930
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sboyajian View Post
    I disagree. Because no matter how hard the mortgage broker tried.. if she already had a mortgage on her credit and only made $12.00 no underwriter (manual or automatic) would approve her for that loan. The broker would have to falsify her income and then create false documentation to support such claims.
    You never heard of no verification or liars loans?

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    15,568
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by moonman View Post
    All you do is troll here. You haven't started a thread in weeks, maybe months because few read your drivel and fewer comment.
    I don't feel the need to start constant threads to spew venom about another candidate lol. And I certainly don't need to do it as often as you feel the need to.

    But grea argument. Instead of saying "you're right, I read that wrong sorry I misunderstood your argument," you say "your a waste of a poster." Or is that spin too? Maybe I misunderstood, and "you're a troll who no one likes" actually means "you're great."

    And who was called petty again?
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

    RIP Jesse Helms

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    St. Louis, MO / SIUe
    Posts
    35,041
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    I don't feel the need to start constant threads to spew venom about another candidate lol. And I certainly don't need to do it as often as you feel the need to.

    But grea argument. Instead of saying "you're right, I read that wrong sorry I misunderstood your argument," you say "your a waste of a poster." Or is that spin too? Maybe I misunderstood, and "you're a troll who no one likes" actually means "you're great."

    And who was called petty again?
    You two seriously need to cool it.

    Moonman -- everyone's here to express their opinions. Attack the post, not the poster.

    Blenderboy -- just because he's acting like an 8 year old, doesn't mean you should either.

    Seriously, let's get this back on topic.
    Member of the Owlluminati

    Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Gainesville, VA
    Posts
    5,551
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by moonman View Post
    You never heard of no verification or liars loans?
    on a million dollar loan where a mortgage reports on one's credit already... No.
    oh my god! did you hear? Alex Rodriguez left a floater and didn't do a double flush!!! someone alert the media this must be news!

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    930
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sboyajian View Post
    on a million dollar loan where a mortgage reports on one's credit already... No.
    Well now you have. She was a caller to Handel on the Law aired on KFI-AM Los Angeles Saturdays 6a-11a.

    Maybe you work in the mortgage industry and maybe you are an honorable guy. I wouldn't question that. However, the FBI is investigating numerous cases of lender fraud and why not. Original lenders weren't keeping the loans anyway. They were bundled and sold.

    The incentive to lenders was make as many loans as possible. Any kind of loan. Quality as it turns out, due diligence as we've now learned and fiduciary duty meant nothing.

    And in typical fashion, Washington under a Republican Administration is doing the one thing Republicans have long wailed against; Republicans are bailing them out and rewarding failure.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,113
    vCash
    1500
    Obama wants to increase the capital gains tax. As an investment advisor, that scares me.



    HW- Lesnar, Barry, Overeem
    LHW- HENDO!, Shogun, Mousasi
    MW- Sonnen, Stann, Leben
    WW- Condit, GSP, Ellenberger
    LW- Sherk, Guida, Volkmann

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Gainesville, VA
    Posts
    5,551
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by snakey32 View Post
    Obama wants to increase the capital gains tax. As an investment advisor, that scares me.
    Obama wants to raise a lot of taxes that have been held the same or close to the same for a long time, which is much needed with how far in debt this country is.
    oh my god! did you hear? Alex Rodriguez left a floater and didn't do a double flush!!! someone alert the media this must be news!

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,113
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sboyajian View Post
    Obama wants to raise a lot of taxes that have been held the same or close to the same for a long time, which is much needed with how far in debt this country is.
    Raising taxes will slow our economy down, drop revenues and decrease total tax generated by the government. I don't have the exact stats, but total tax generated by the federal government under the Bush administration has increased due to his tax cuts and growth in our economy.



    HW- Lesnar, Barry, Overeem
    LHW- HENDO!, Shogun, Mousasi
    MW- Sonnen, Stann, Leben
    WW- Condit, GSP, Ellenberger
    LW- Sherk, Guida, Volkmann

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    930
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by snakey32 View Post
    Obama wants to increase the capital gains tax. As an investment advisor, that scares me.
    McCain supports extending the current capital gains rate of 15%. However, as an investment adviser I'm surprised you aren't more scared of Republican proposals to abolish the capital gains tax entirely. The result, if we followed the Republicans, would be that capital gains would be treated as ordinary income and taxed at much higher rates than even Obama has proposed.

    What do I know, eh. I'm not a sophisticated investment adviser. I'm just a lowly licensed and bonded tax preparer.

    As you probably know, McCain doesn't have much support within his own party for his policies. Indeed, many are promising a floor fight over the party platform.

    Given the alternative, a party divided and a President unable to sell his policies to his own party, this might be the best time to vote a straight Democrat ticket.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,113
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by moonman View Post
    McCain supports extending the current capital gains rate of 15%. However, as an investment adviser I'm surprised you aren't more scared of Republican proposals to abolish the capital gains tax entirely. The result, if we followed the Republicans, would be that capital gains would be treated as ordinary income and taxed at much higher rates than even Obama has proposed.
    That's news to me. Please provide a source so that I can get caught up on the GOPs efforts to eliminate capital gains tax and tax investments at ordinary income.

    What do I know, eh. I'm not a sophisticated investment adviser. I'm just a lowly licensed and bonded tax preparer.
    I'm not sure what you're trying to get at there. The only assumption I can make is that you're mocking me. Was there some other point you were trying to make there?



    HW- Lesnar, Barry, Overeem
    LHW- HENDO!, Shogun, Mousasi
    MW- Sonnen, Stann, Leben
    WW- Condit, GSP, Ellenberger
    LW- Sherk, Guida, Volkmann

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Gainesville, VA
    Posts
    5,551
    vCash
    1500
    Dunno.. I work for one of the largest advisory firms .. granted I'm in IT.. but I don't see a lot of frantic people over it.
    oh my god! did you hear? Alex Rodriguez left a floater and didn't do a double flush!!! someone alert the media this must be news!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •