Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sboyajian View Post
    They haven't.. because as we've discussed before, the price at the pump is speculated based on risk.

Monday they buy oil at 130 a barrel
    Tuesday oil goes to 140.
    Wednesday you pay more for the oil they bought Monday.

But if it drops per barrel.. you won't see it for a week.. just a way they can gouge us.. fast to rise, slow to fall. Unless oil takes a massive leap up today, we should see a drop by Sunday or Monday.
    It's a little crazy. When the Saudi numbers (+800K/day) came out a few weeks ago, gas prices here dropped 12 cents in the middle of the day.

Similarly, when oil went from 138 to 146, gas prices went up 14 cents in the middle of the day.

We should be seeing a similar effect on the way down. For once I have to agree with the conspiracy theorists that gouging is occurring.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    I usually like to thank Ronald Reagan as the basic root where nearly alot of our problems have arisen from taxation and debt. Reagonomics is what they call it. Trully stupidity at its highest degree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J-E-T-S View Post
    I usually like to thank Ronald Reagan as the basic root where nearly alot of our problems have arisen from taxation and debt. Reagonomics is what they call it. Trully stupidity at its highest degree.
    Luckily, one of the main proponents of Reaganomics was just given the boot from the McCain campaign.

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snakey32 View Post
    That's because he hasn't been elected yet. If he is, I will definatley make quick work in coming up with a plan to have clients take capital gains on their non-qualified accounts.

Good for you. This is the first time you've posted anything that indicates you consider the tax implications in your investment advisory work.

That's quite a forked tongue you have. And yes, you are quite wrong in many ways. May I make a suggestion though? Please re-read your left-wing, editorial from 2003 so that you can abosrb the meaning behind it. It blasts the GOP for wanting to eliminate capital gains taxes all together because there would no longer be tax dollars generated.

Please refer to IRS Form 1040. Perhaps you have signed one or two during your lifetime. Lines 7 through 22 inclusive, describe income. In the event capital gain taxes are abolished, teh income received from an investment would be reported on line 14 or line 21 and be taxed as ordinary income. Even if the investment bank failed to report the income paid out, it is still the responsibility of the taxpayer to report all income.

Maybe next time you should be less abrasive. It makes you look like less of a jerk when it turns out you make false assumptions in reading the article you referenced. The entire article you quoted bashes the GOP for wanting to lower taxes. I think it's a much safer assumption that there would no longer be reporting required on investment accounts for tax purposes, rather than the GOP has been attempting to lower capital gains taxes in order to jack them up to ordinary income rates.

I know you're just a lowly tax preparer, but you need to work on your reading comprehension. Thanks for playing.
    Yippy skippy. I wasn't asked to endorse an editorial opinion in the article. I was asked to provide proof that Republicans were advocating eliminating the capital gain tax. Nanner nanner and a @you.

vCash
    It has already dropped $16 in the last 3 days. I say it drops another 3 - 4 tomorrow.. I know you like to hold the value of oil and the dollar as mutually exclusive, but like it or not, there are other factors. Concerns of price also can affect things.. otherwise everything would rise and drop at the price of the dollar, and there would be no need for the market at all. It would just be assumed and known that as the dollar goes up 10%, everything else drops 10%.
    Well it looks like I was foiled by Dolly (and that is after all speculation.. the price went up on Friday I believe $1 based on fear Dolly would hit the refinary and then again on Monday by I think $2?)

However then it dropped again yesterday enough to drop it to 128 and another $1 so far today..

yet I still haven't seen a price at the pump change.. gouging pricks..
    oh my god! did you hear? Alex Rodriguez left a floater and didn't do a double flush!!! someone alert the media this must be news!

vCash
    of course wall street will be scared if obama wins. The guy likes to raise taxes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by moonman View Post
    Yippy skippy. I wasn't asked to endorse an editorial opinion in the article. I was asked to provide proof that Republicans were advocating eliminating the capital gain tax. Nanner nanner and a @you.
    No, you were not asked to provide an article that asserted that the GOP was attempting to abolish the capital gains tax. You were asked to provide an article that stated the GOP was attempting to eliminate capital gains rates in order to tax investment gains at ordinary income rates. Are you really that confused?

In any event, you fail. You fail at making your point, you fail at upholding your image by acting like a three-year-old in your post, and you probably fail in many other ways.

HW- Lesnar, Barry, Overeem
    LHW- HENDO!, Shogun, Mousasi
    MW- Sonnen, Stann, Leben
    WW- Condit, GSP, Ellenberger
    LW- Sherk, Guida, Volkmann

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snakey32 View Post
    No, you were not asked to provide an article that asserted that the GOP was attempting to abolish the capital gains tax. You were asked to provide an article that stated the GOP was attempting to eliminate capital gains rates in order to tax investment gains at ordinary income rates. Are you really that confused?

In any event, you fail. You fail at making your point, you fail at upholding your image by acting like a three-year-old in your post, and you probably fail in many other ways.
    LMAO. From your own post, #29 on this thread I quote you snakey32, "Please provide a source so that I can get caught up on the GOPs efforts to eliminate capital gains tax and tax investments at ordinary income."

geez, guy you can't quote yourself correctly. You play change the facts to suit the moment. You originally asked for a "source." I gave you a "source." Now you say you want some "article" as if the article I gave you is some less than accurate source....and I'm accused of being juvenile and playing games? That's a double@you.

Now before you get a big head about earning two moons, the max is four.

vCash
    Well it looks like I was foiled by Dolly (and that is after all speculation.. the price went up on Friday I believe $1 based on fear Dolly would hit the refinary and then again on Monday by I think $2?)

However then it dropped again yesterday enough to drop it to 128 and another $1 so far today..

yet I still haven't seen a price at the pump change.. gouging pricks..
    My predictions at the pump actually came close to true out here. Gas prices fell from 3.999 down to 3.799. That's a 5% decline in gas prices relative to the 13.6% decline in oil prices. So gas is falling, but gouging is still somewhat occuring (gas should have fallen by about 28 cents, not 20).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Man View Post
    of course wall street will be scared if obama wins. The guy likes to raise taxes.
    Clinton raised taxes and the market grew to unprecedented levels under him.

Reagan raised taxes and the market grew to unprecedented levels under him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    My predictions at the pump actually came close to true out here. Gas prices fell from 3.999 down to 3.799. That's a 5% decline in gas prices relative to the 13.6% decline in oil prices. So gas is falling, but gouging is still somewhat occuring (gas should have fallen by about 28 cents, not 20).
    When it was $148 a barrel I was paying $3.89 a gallon. Even after today's $4 drop, bringing to $124 a barrel, I just filled up today.. $3.89 a gallon.

(Well.. actually $3.69 a gallon, but that's only because I get 20 cents off a gallon at Safeway).

I would love for gas to fall 20 cents here, even if it should be closer to 30.. I would have paid under 3.50 tonight and likely would have passed out right at the pump.
    oh my god! did you hear? Alex Rodriguez left a floater and didn't do a double flush!!! someone alert the media this must be news!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    Clinton raised taxes and the market grew to unprecedented levels under him.

Reagan raised taxes and the market grew to unprecedented levels under him.
    There's a difference between a causality and a correlation.

For instance, Roosevelt won the presidency. Then, Hitler took control of Germany. A didn't cause B.

Clinton's raising taxes wasn't the sole contribution to the market growing.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    There's a difference between a causality and a correlation.

For instance, Roosevelt won the presidency. Then, Hitler took control of Germany. A didn't cause B.

Clinton's raising taxes wasn't the sole contribution to the market growing.
    No kidding. I was trying to point out how stupid his statement was.

Expectations are rarely met.

vCash
    ah nevermind
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by moonman View Post
    LMAO. From your own post, #29 on this thread I quote you snakey32, "Please provide a source so that I can get caught up on the GOPs efforts to eliminate capital gains tax and tax investments at ordinary income."

geez, guy you can't quote yourself correctly. You play change the facts to suit the moment. You originally asked for a "source." I gave you a "source." Now you say you want some "article" as if the article I gave you is some less than accurate source....and I'm accused of being juvenile and playing games? That's a double@you.

Now before you get a big head about earning two moons, the max is four.

For the last time, please provide an article- or even a biased editorial- that states that the GOP wants to tax investments at ordinary income rates!!!. And no, investment proceeds will not automatically be taxed at ordinary income rates should they eliminate capital gains.

You have proven that you have the worst reading comprehension at PSD. Congratulations.

HW- Lesnar, Barry, Overeem
    LHW- HENDO!, Shogun, Mousasi
    MW- Sonnen, Stann, Leben
    WW- Condit, GSP, Ellenberger
    LW- Sherk, Guida, Volkmann

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234