Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    see, i wouldnt mind this deal if we gave up bulin and seabs, but to give up bulin/seabs/ and havlat... come on now? really... i dont think so.

i dont like giving up the core guys, but in order to get a guy like kopitar, you have to. so i would deal seabs for that because we have such depth and a good core of other young defenders. We could afford to make that deal. plus, kopitar is SICK! i know he plays center, but could you imagine him on the kane/toews line? WOW!

vCash
    See thats the best thing about if they would get Kopitar is that they could then afford to trade Robert Lang because they have Toews/Kopitar at center. Then again, lets all dream on because I give the Blackhawks a 5% chance of getting Kopitar.

vCash
    I just hope they dont get rid of seabrook
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    The Chicago Blackhawks have received plenty of interest from a number of their counterparts for some of their current roster players.
    Goalie Nikolai Khabibulin has been at the center of the rumor stage ever since the Hawks signed free agent goalie Cristobal Huet.

Blackhawks GM Dale Tallon has indicated that he's not actively shopping Khabibulin and is more than ready to start the 2008-09 season with both him and Huet between the pipes.

That hasn't stopped certain teams from calling, it appears.

According to reports, the Los Angeles Kings and Ottawa Senators are among the teams interested in Khabibulin.
    However, some of the rumors circulating around the hockey world are a little far fetched.

The Hawks need to shed some salary before the start of the new season, but Tallon has indicated that he doesn't necessarily have to move Khabibulin in order to get under the cap.

Defenseman Cam Barker has been dangled as trade bait for months, according to reports, dating back into the middle of the 2007-08 season.

With Brian Campbell, Duncan Keith and Brent Seabrook in the backend, Barker (and his $2.736 million cap hit) is believed to be expendable.

According to a Chicago-based source, Barker's name has been aligned with Khabibulin's because if a team is to acquire the netminder's $6.75 million salary, they will need a younger stud in a deal to sweeten the pot.

While a major trade, or two, does not appear imminent, there is plenty of discussion, which could eventually lead to a move
    thefourthperiod.com
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    I like how Tallon said he has nothing going and it has been dead quiet yet he trades Danny Richmond this morning to the Pens. It is definitely a minor deal but still I'm sure Tallon didnt start that at about noon today and close it out 1 hour later. I don't know who to trust, the bloggers, websites, tallon...Can't really trust anyone except NHL.com, TSN.ca and ChicagoBlackhawks.com when they officially post things.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedCUBBIEblue View Post
    see, i wouldnt mind this deal if we gave up bulin and seabs, but to give up bulin/seabs/ and havlat... come on now? really... i dont think so.

i dont like giving up the core guys, but in order to get a guy like kopitar, you have to. so i would deal seabs for that because we have such depth and a good core of other young defenders. We could afford to make that deal. plus, kopitar is SICK! i know he plays center, but could you imagine him on the kane/toews line? WOW!
    I agree with you, giving up a core guy like Seabrook or even a young guy like Barker is tough to do. But...... its Anze Kopitar!!! that line with Kane and Toews would be unreal.

make the deal happen. ray:

vCash
    How much better would the Blackhawks be with Anze Kopitar? Does Kopitar deal bring us up from a 7th or 8th seed to a 5th or 6th seed in the playoff standings? The kid is 20 and is getting better every year, he'd definitely help us in the future and in 08-09. People don't forget, he's a restricted free agent after 08-09, so if we acquired him and Tallon didn't lock him up, some team will give him a big contract and the Blackhawks will have to match it, and if they do, we have another big contract on our hands and we still need to give guys like Kane, Toews, and Keith bigger contracts. This kid is a stud, and we'll be rocking in the near future, escpecially if we can acquire this kid. The salary cap better keep rising.
    Last edited by Cullksinikers; 07-18-2008 at 10:33 AM.

vCash
    I think a guy like Kopitar could easily jump start the team and move them up 2 spots in the early season rankings. This is the thing, we do have to pay Toews/Kane/Keith, no doubt about that. We would have 6.75 mil of Khabi gone, 6 mil of Havlat gone, 4 mil of Lang gone, and then you would have to figure that the cap would go up again over the next few years. So because of all of that, i think we would be okay.
    Remember this though, obviously stars are valuable to a team, but I think the most important players are those young role players that we bring up from the AHL and don't pay a lot for. A 1st/2nd line that can score is great, but you still need a solid 3rd/4th line full of role players doing their job, enabling the 1st and 2nd line to score by opening up the ice by hitting.
    Last edited by Boom!; 07-18-2008 at 11:28 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
    How much better would the Blackhawks be with Anze Kopitar? Does Kopitar deal bring us up from a 7th or 8th seed to a 5th or 6th seed in the playoff standings? The kid is 20 and is getting better every year, he'd definitely help us in the future and in 08-09. People don't forget, he's a restricted free agent after 08-09, so if we acquired him and Tallon didn't lock him up, some team will give him a big contract and the Blackhawks will have to match it, and if they do, we have another big contract on our hands and we still need to give guys like Kane, Toews, and Keith bigger contracts. This kid is a stud, and we'll be rocking in the near future, escpecially if we can acquire this kid. The salary cap better keep rising.
    IMO, we're about 6th or 7th right now, and it would move us up to 4th or 5th (no way we win the division)
    Thanks JO-MO

vCash
    "...so if we acquired him and Tallon didn't lock him up, some team will give him a big contract and the Blackhawks will have to match it, and if they do, we have another big contract on our hands and we still need to give guys like Kane, Toews, and Keith bigger contracts."

You just have to remember that w have over $17MM in salary coming off the books after this year, so there will be some room under the cap. If the NHL raises the salary cap to $60MM, that puts us almost $20MM under the cap for 09-10. And if Barker does get shipped in a trade, that frees up almost $3 MM more in cap space. So while Tallon does have to contend with RFA status for Toews, Kane & Keith after next season, he will have some room to maneuver.

vCash
    To clarify a bit on what Hoorock said. As I noted in two posts before his, the Blackhawks do have Lang, Khabi, Havlat being UFA's next year and they will most likely not be back. I cannot see a scenario where they would be. Sharp, Ladd, and Bolland will see very small raises as well. The Cap will most likely continue to go up. However, Tallon does not have Toews, Kane and Keith all being RFA's after the next season. Toews, Kane, Keith are all RFA's after the 09/10 season so we have two seasons with them before they become RFA's.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234