Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    I agree that getting Neil would be great, but I woulnd't bash Eager just yet. He had a tough injury riddled year last year but he is a big guy and isnt made of glass like Havlat. I think he could surprise people in how well he plays on the 4th line this year. Watch this guy, I am telling you that not many 4th liners have all the tools that he does, and he still knows his role. He can skate and pass surprisingly well for a 4th liner but still definitely knows how to hit and drop the gloves. Neil and Eager on a 4th line could be a great duo. If the Blackhawks get Neil and even Vermette, like I said you can say goodbye to Beach/Aliu's chances and also I think you can say goodbye to Kevyn Adams returning to the team, that would give us 5 4th liners which no team needs.
    I'm not exactly knocking on Eager because honestly I have only seen him play the handful of games he played with the Hawks. I do know Neil's game however and he is a pretty good player besides being a tough guy. He is a very good penalty killer and he can chip in a few goals here and there. As you stated as well, would it really hurt to have both Neil and Eager available if needed?

http://www.360Elite4free.com/index.php?ref=3943971

Sign up using this link to get a free Xbox 360 Elite. Set up your account as a referal account. Then select Instant Offers and choose one of those to do and complete the offer.

vCash
    WOW ... that hockeybuzz.com has some crazy rumors going around .... i read one today that suggested maybe Sharp will be packing his bags. Thats just crazzyness. To lose Sharp and Seabrook this season would be a horrible thing for us. I can only believe so much that comes from that site. The only thing that makes sense on the hockey buzz website is the Bulin/Barker deal for Neil and Vermette. I think the rest is just hogwash.

vCash
    Here is another rumor that ive copied and pasted from the Hockey Buzz site

"This news has not been substantiated through a press release yet, but it appears the Hawks have signed two defensemen. The first is Doug Janik, a 28 year old defender who played for the Lightning last season and was an UFA. The other defenseman is Aaron Johnson who is 25 years old and played 30 games with the NY Islanders"

Are we signing more defensemen? and why 2 more? Is it possible that Seabrook is on his way out, along with Barker?

I sure hope not.

vCash
    We are not losing one of our best two way forwards who we have under team control for the next 4 years...unless we are getting an absolutely amazing deal, which means the other team would get ripped off, which means Sharp is staying.
    I think these two defenseman were signed in case of injuries and also a trade. Looking at both of these guys and their past, I am guessing they were both signed to a two-way contract which means they can play in the AHL and not count against our cap and also can be brought up in the NHL and receive a contract based on where they play. It just looks like some extra insurance but can also mean Barker is on his way out, who knows.
    I think Neil/Eager on the fourth line could be great. That means Craig Adams would be on his way out because I am guessing Burish would get the start over him, just my opinion but its not bad to have Neil who is capable of playin the third line, just check out some of his stats, he has a knack for the net.

vCash
    We are not losing one of our best two way forwards who we have under team control for the next 4 years...unless we are getting an absolutely amazing deal, which means the other team would get ripped off, which means Sharp is staying.
    I think these two defenseman were signed in case of injuries and also a trade. Looking at both of these guys and their past, I am guessing they were both signed to a two-way contract which means they can play in the AHL and not count against our cap and also can be brought up in the NHL and receive a contract based on where they play. It just looks like some extra insurance but can also mean Barker is on his way out, who knows.
    I think Neil/Eager on the fourth line could be great. That means Craig Adams would be on his way out because I am guessing Burish would get the start over him, just my opinion but its not bad to have Neil who is capable of playin the third line, just check out some of his stats, he has a knack for the net.

Its true ... Sharp cant be leaving ... i was just posting that because there was a crazy rumor there. I deff didnt believe that one.
    And I agree that Neil would be ok on the 3rd line. He can produce some good #'s for being a mouthy tough guy. I think i would rather see Adams on the 4th line than Eager. But who knows. Burish will deff be on that 4th line this year, no doubt there.

vCash
    Yea i realize that you didnt believe that one I just wanted to post my reasons for why it wouldn't happen, or basically that if it did we better be getting a guy like Spezza back which isn't going to happen with his salary and the fact that Spezza is probably worth more than just a sharp. To the guy's credit on HockeyBuzz.com who posted this rumor, he did say that he has heard whispers about it but that he dismissed it as well and didn't believe that Sharp would be on the move anytime soon.
    I don't know if I would want Adams on the 4th line instead of Eager. Burish and Adams basically play the same kind of game, while Eager plays a little bit of a different game than them that I like for the fourth line.
    Last edited by Boom!; 07-15-2008 at 07:25 PM.

vCash
    Yea i realize that you didnt believe that one I just wanted to post my reasons for why it wouldn't happen, or basically that if it did we better be getting a guy like Spezza back which isn't going to happen with his salary and the fact that Spezza is probably worth more than just a sharp. To the guy's credit on HockeyBuzz.com who posted this rumor, he did say that he has heard whispers about it but that he dismissed it as well and didn't believe that Sharp would be on the move anytime soon.
    I don't know if I would want Adams on the 4th line instead of Eager. Burish and Adams basically play the same kind of game, while Eager plays a little bit of a different game than them that I like for the fourth line.

True true ... who knows what will happen on that 4th line. Maybe Eager, maybe Adams, or maybe someone else.
    I remember one of the pre-season games last year, and Burish scoring an amazing crazy goal. One that could almost compete with the Teows highlight reel goal against Colorado. At that point i thought he was maybe going to be an offensive weapon for us. Did u see that pre-season goal?
    If he is capable of that, than what happened to him last year. I know he was on the 4th line mostly, but he did see some time on the top 2 lines for a bit.

vCash
    The organization is in love with Sharp. Tallon hand picked him and he was the one who led the charge in signing extensions in the last years. They know he is committed to the Hawks and I think they are committed to him. I don't see him going anywhere.

vCash
    there is no way Seabrook gets moved.

vCash
    I do remember Burish's goal, and I remember the two goal game against Minnesota that he had in preseason. If Burish gets 5 goals a year, give him a gold star because he deserves it. He isn't going to score a lot of goals a year, by no means. The thing I do like about Burish is that he takes it hard to the net when he does have the puck and he also throws it towards the net and goes in and bangs some bodies. A 4th liner isnt expected to do anything pretty, just when they get the chance they are supposed to dump/chase crush the defensemen and throw the puck towards the net, create some hell and get garbage goals.
    I think the important thing about Sharp and Seabrook is that we have them under team control for the next few years. However, realize that everyone has their price and while I don't think they will be traded, if there is an offer on the table that blows Tallon away, don't be surprised if he pulls the trigger. With that being said though, I don't see a team offering something that blows him away.

vCash
    "According to insiders, Ottawa would trade netminder Martin Gerber and defenceman Andrej Meszaros to Los Angeles, the Kings would move 20-year-old centre Anze Kopitar to Chicago and the Blackhawks would propel goalie Nikolai Khabibulin and either of young blueliners Brent Seabrook or Cam Barker to the Senators." From the Ottawa Sun

Now I don't know if I exactly believe these rumors. Reason why is because Anze Kopitar is a young stud who puts up great numbers. I have seen him play 3 games live and he has some great skill and is a stud on the ice. For the Blackhawks to give up just Khabi (salary dump) and a Barker (hopefully not a Seabrook) would be way too little. I just can't see the Kings departing with Kopitar, it would be like the Blackhawks getting rid of one of our young studs. Just tossin out what the Ottawa Sun has to say and seeing if anyone has their opinion. Trust me, if that were the deal I would jump at it in a second and toss in a 2nd round draft pick, but it just seems to good to be true.

vCash
    I do remember Burish's goal, and I remember the two goal game against Minnesota that he had in preseason. If Burish gets 5 goals a year, give him a gold star because he deserves it. He isn't going to score a lot of goals a year, by no means. The thing I do like about Burish is that he takes it hard to the net when he does have the puck and he also throws it towards the net and goes in and bangs some bodies. A 4th liner isnt expected to do anything pretty, just when they get the chance they are supposed to dump/chase crush the defensemen and throw the puck towards the net, create some hell and get garbage goals.
    I think the important thing about Sharp and Seabrook is that we have them under team control for the next few years. However, realize that everyone has their price and while I don't think they will be traded, if there is an offer on the table that blows Tallon away, don't be surprised if he pulls the trigger. With that being said though, I don't see a team offering something that blows him away.
    Exactly, Seabrook and Sharp are not going anywhere unless we get a superstar and another pretty good player. I am by no means calling either of them superstars but they are integral parts of our team. Sharp is one of the best two way hockey players in the game right now. Seabrook is really coming into his own and is still only 22 or 23 years old. Also as you pointed out we have them under control for the next few years.

Sign up using this link to get a free Xbox 360 Elite. Set up your account as a referal account. Then select Instant Offers and choose one of those to do and complete the offer.

vCash
    I wonder who the Jack *** is who started these rumors with Sharp and Seabrook. Im not talking about the PSD poster, Im talking about the ******* who actually believed whoever told the guy from hockeybuzz. Hockeybuzz lost all of its short lived respect from me.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    I think you should realize that the guy from Hockeybuzz just said that he heard these as rumors being whispered but that he did not believe them. Can't really shoot the messenger as he was just doing his job with the sources that he heard it from but also giving his opinion.
    Honestly though anything could happen for the right price, kind of like Joe Thornton when he was in Boston and got traded to San Jose, noone would have seen that coming. Not saying that Sharp/Seabrook will be traded but if their names are being tossed around/talked about, that could be another team asking for them and Tallon saying no or saying to blow him away with a deal.

vCash
    The three way trade in this article ( http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL...71651-sun.html ) would be awesome for us as long as it is Barker and not Seabrook that gets dealt. Kopitar is a superstar in the making.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast