Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Blackhawks/Kings/Senators 3 Way Trade Rumors

On several different sites I keep hearing of a Los Angeles/Ottawa/Chicago 3 team trade. I keep hearing names Like Vermette, Neil, and Seabrook popping up. What would you guys want from Los Angeles/Ottawa and what could we give up.

What do you guys think?

vCash
    I would be extremely surprised if Seabrook is rumored anywhere. They just signed him to a contract extension this year for a few years. I hear barker to Ottawa which would be more appropriate. Can you post the sites that you are seeing this on? If it involves LA lets hope that means that Khabi is on the move somewhere. I like Neil in any trade but I just don't see Seabrook going anywhere because we have him locked up for a few years which is important and which is why its so odd that the Lightning traded Boyle earlier this summer.
    Last edited by Boom!; 07-14-2008 at 07:04 PM.

vCash
    There is no way Seabrook is going anywhere. He is part of this young talented core the Blackhawks have. He had a damn good year last year and with Wizniewski being out, I dont see any defenseman being moved at all, including Barker.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=16227

This is from a Blackhawks blogger named Al Cimaglia from hockeybuzz.com

The 3 way rumor is from Eklunds rumors for the day on the hockeybuzz.com home.

vCash
    WOW ... i just read the article. Seems kinda interesting. There is no way we can deal Seabrook. Thats just dumb. But Nik and Barker for Neil and Vermette. hmmm .. that sounds ok to me. Hendry than would have to step up and play, and im sure he could.

vCash
    I would be surprised if Seabrook would be moved, even if we get a defenseman in return. However, I can see Barker being moved. It's always weird to see how these things play out...if they do at all.

vCash
    Barker for Neil... i dont like it. i'm not sure why, it just doesnt sit well. I dont like trading a young defenseman, especially one with such upside for an older forward who's not going to do much more than punch guys in the mouth... isnt that the same thing as ben eager...??? Come on, serious. This shouldnt even be a rumored deal it is so bad

Any deal involving seabrook that doesnt bring dion phanuf back in return... i say hells no!! no matter who your getting, its not worth it!!

Bulin for vermette and neil from OTT... I say hells yea!! I've been saying we should go after vermette for a year now, and if we have a chance to get him in the same process as dumping bulin, then i would def push as hard as possible for this to get done.

i just hope Dale doesnt do something dumb like get rid of seabs, or dump barker for something as insignificant as neil

vCash
    The rumor isnt just Barker for Neil. Tallon would have to be out of his mind to do that deal straight up, trust me if a deal happens with those two guys, more will be involved for sure. Prospects, Players, Picks will be swapped along with those two.
    Also, Khabi for Neil and Vermette will not happen. Murray of the Sens would have to be out of his mind to do that one. If Murray pulls that deal off that means he will have Khabi, Gerber, and Auld all under contract while paying Emery's buy out next year. That would basically put him in the same situation at the Blackhawks and there would definitely have to have a third team in there. More has to fall into place.

Something to remember is that Vermette is an RFA and a possible target for an offer sheet, thats why the rumor is that the Blackhawks are trying to sign him to a deal before they make the trade for him.
    I think that this is a legit rumor but could take a while to come together. The rumor isn't what you have said, there is a lot more to it that hopefully would give the Blackhawks some cap room and fill a few spots that they need.

vCash
    There is no way we are trading a defenseman with Wiz missing the beginning of the season. I could see Barker or Hendry being moved near the deadline, but not until Wiz heals.

Seabrook isn't going anywhere. I wouldn't trade him for anything but a top 5 forward or defenseman in the whole league. I think in a few years, he could be considered a top 5 defenseman(with Keith and Campbell) in the game.

vCash
    I really think that the Blackhawks can trade a defenseman with Wiz missing the first half of the season. I wouldn't be surprised if they did. They need to shed some salary and if Barker is part of a salary shedding deal it would be worth it hopefully, depends on who we get in return.
    Seabrook is a great defenseman....but top 5 defenseman in the league in a few years? Not even close. Maybe top 25 or top 40, but I can name atleast 15 guys who in 3 years will be better than Seakbrook....not to mention you have a new crop of guys coming in this year and guys who will continue to improve. I think Seabrook is a great defenseman and a valuable one, but not a top 5 defenseman in the league in a few years.

vCash
    Well ... if this deal goes down, Ottawa isnt going to have 3 goalies... this is a 3 way deal rememeber.... Gerber will be going to LA ... Bulin to Ottawa... in return we get Vermette and Neil. Barker would be in the mix somewhere in there.

i dont know .... maybe its just a bunch of rubbish ... but could happen ... and i would welcome Vermette and Neil in replace of Bulin and Barker.

vCash
    Obviously Ottawa wouldn't have three goalies as Khabi would be on the move as would Gerber most likely.
    I agree that I would welcome Vermette and Neil in place of Bulin/Barker. You can basically say that we are getting Vermette/Neil/Huet in place of Bulin/Barker. I say this because this would clear up the log jam and get Huet in Bulin's place which I think we need. Also, if we get two forwards for a dman and a goalie, i think you can kiss goodbye Beach and Aliu's chances of making the team, barring some other trade and involving some of our forwards. Vermette is a top 9 forward and Neil is a gritty 4th liner who can also swing down to the third line when needed. The only question is who would be the 7th defenseman on the blackhawks at this point. It looks like we would have Seabrook, Keith, Campbell, Sopel, Hendry, Walker, and Hjarlmasson. That is pretty week on the back end but not a huge concern for me considering that Campbell averaged 30 minutes last year and Keith around 26 minutes.

vCash
    Personally I think that we should try to pursue a deal to get Neil. Eager can't seem to find a way to stay healthy and we need some toughness on this team.

http://www.360Elite4free.com/index.php?ref=3943971

Sign up using this link to get a free Xbox 360 Elite. Set up your account as a referal account. Then select Instant Offers and choose one of those to do and complete the offer.

vCash
    I agree that getting Neil would be great, but I woulnd't bash Eager just yet. He had a tough injury riddled year last year but he is a big guy and isnt made of glass like Havlat. I think he could surprise people in how well he plays on the 4th line this year. Watch this guy, I am telling you that not many 4th liners have all the tools that he does, and he still knows his role. He can skate and pass surprisingly well for a 4th liner but still definitely knows how to hit and drop the gloves. Neil and Eager on a 4th line could be a great duo. If the Blackhawks get Neil and even Vermette, like I said you can say goodbye to Beach/Aliu's chances and also I think you can say goodbye to Kevyn Adams returning to the team, that would give us 5 4th liners which no team needs.

vCash
    Im sure murray likes seabrook but there's no way he's going anywhere...

To me it sounds like the core of the deal in place is

Khabby and Barker to OTT

Vermette and Neil to Chi

Gerber to LA

I'm sure there will be some add ons to even it out, i've seen rumors of maybe Skille... LA would obviously have to add something to the deal... but Dale isn't going to trade seabrook no matter how "interested" murray is in him.

If we give up bulin and Barker and get back neil and vermette.. i will be a happy man

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast