Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lets Lose Ourselves In The Passion

I know a lot of you taped it. I know a lot of you have the box set. I have it on iTunes personally.

Game 5 of the World Series, it looked as if everything was going wrong, and that our potentially greatest moment was going to be watered down. FOX goes of the air on October 27th as game 5 is suspended and tied 2-2. Then, 2 nights later, FOX baseball comes back on for the completion of game 5 and whats the first thing you see? The breathtaking site of 40,000 white towels waving in the frigid air. I watch that moment over and over again. It wasnt a big moment obviously but it was a moment Ill remember for the rest of my life. No one does it quite like Philly fans.

agreed, such an amazing sight.
    Thanks Lgnd!

Yeah I was at game 4 and it was literally the most awesome experience of my life. Unbelievably euphoric atmosphere. Blanton's home run was ****ing epic. But I wish to God I could have been there for game 5, and experienced first hand how crazy that place really was that night.
    PHILLIES EAGLES FLYERS SIXERS

I remember arriving at game 5.5 and looking at how pumped up everyone was. You could tell that every single person could feel it was going to happen that night. I remember seeing people sitting down right before it started and told them to stand up. Despite their "we're not as young as you" protests, they stood. And so did everyone else for the entire remainder of the game.

I'd been to a few big games, but I can tell you that the Jenkins at bat was one of the loudest moments I've ever seen in a stadium anywhere (and I've been to the ALCS in Boston -- they ain't got jack on us). You could feel the intensity of the entire stadium when Lidge came out to pitch. It was one of the best moments in my life as a fan and in general.

Through some tight connections I know I'll be going to at least one playoff game, and you bet that I'm gonna be loud. I think in twenty years this will be seen as the golden age of Phillies baseball, and frankly, I'm gonna live up every minute of it.
    Last edited by ThatTomGuy; 10-02-2009 at 02:31 AM.

I think I made a cream pie in my shorts. As Ant says Red October II

Gayest. Thread. Title. Ever.
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

Lol seriously.

I was at game 2, and coming from San Diego that was a huge deal for me. By far the best experience in sports of my life, eclipsing game 2 of the epic bosox yankees ALCS a few years back

sexicano31 Guest
    I was at game three when chooch hit the weak grounder and bruntlett scored. The loudest iv ever heard that place. It was also loud as **** when evan was batting with the "EEEEEVAAAAA" chants

I have the Harry call as a ring tone actually. I also have the Schmidt's 500th HR call, I have the "Chase Utley you are the man", and I have his generic "outta here", all as different ring tones on my cell phone. The WS one is the best though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Really....it sounded like he wanted a big orgy or something.....

...that being said, the fans are the 10th player....

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Gayest. User. Name. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    I was at game three when chooch hit the weak grounder and bruntlett scored. The loudest iv ever heard that place. It was also loud as **** when evan was batting with the "EEEEEVAAAAA" chants
    Ah I was wrong it was game 3 not game 2. That's the game I was at, hell of an atmosphere

I love seeing the rally towels..they get me pumped.

happ sig!!!! very nice
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Quote Originally Posted by Phillies View Post
    Gayest. User. Name. Ever.
    Do a little research on Ender and get back to me.
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast