vCash
    Reyes: 40.2 VORP, 103 Rate2 at SS

Chase Utley: 41.5 VORP, 112 Rate2 at 2B

vCash
    RC

Utley 69
    Reyes 69

vCash
    My gosh, why do you compare these two when they are different players, put Reyes in that ball park where he already has 8 lifetime homeruns there. Utley has 17 homers at home of his 25. He would still be a good average guy but he wouldnt be hitting the amount of homeruns if he played half his games at shea.

It's funny how now people dont want to compare Reyes to Rollins and feel the need to make it Utley to Reyes.

vCash
    Utley no question

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    My gosh, why do you compare these two when they are different players, put Reyes in that ball park where he already has 8 lifetime homeruns there. Utley has 17 homers at home of his 25. He would still be a good average guy but he wouldnt be hitting the amount of homeruns if he played half his games at shea.

It's funny how now people dont want to compare Reyes to Rollins and feel the need to make it Utley to Reyes.

LOL

...so true.

vCash

The guy who made the thread isnt a Philly fan. Make one for Reyes and Rollins if you want. Rollins has been disappointing this year, while Reyes is putting together a solid year.

But since the thread is Utley vs. Reyes... I'll take utley.

vCash
    Utley

vCash

Why must we continue to bring ballparks in the discussion in todays age when we have stats that are BALLPARK ADJUSTED. Keep making excuses, it doesn't change the fact that Utley is the better player, bad comparison or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quiksilver2491 View Post

Why must we continue to bring ballparks in the discussion in todays age when we have stats that are BALLPARK ADJUSTED. Keep making excuses, it doesn't change the fact that Utley is the better player, bad comparison or not.
    Because that ball park is a joke, you know it's bad when Howard can hit a pop up to left field and instantly now it's a homerun.

vCash
    they're both awesome, but i gave the edge to reyes because excellent shortstops are harder to come by than excellent second basemen.

vCash
    Because that ball park is a joke, you know it's bad when Howard can hit a pop up to left field and instantly now it's a homerun.
    But his point was that the stats are ballpark adjusted.

And another thing is that a HR park has a lot of negatives as well. You look at Oriole Park, which has that 364 to left center, and I would say it's slightly a pitcher's park as well.

You look at Utley's stats this year, and while he has 17 HRs at home and 9 on the road, he only has 1 less extra base hit on the road. He had 3 more extra base hits on the road last year, as well.

vCash
    I have to give it to Utley. He has had three straight 100+ RBI seasons, and is on his way to a fourth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HighVelocity View Post
    I have to give it to Utley. He has had three straight 100+ RBI seasons, and is on his way to a fourth.
    ya i'm with you on that.
    dont have a seizure cwick

vCash
    Two completely different types of players, so it's hard to compare, really... but I'd rather have Reyes. He's younger, more athletic, faster, and a better fielder. Plus, my Cards could use a fast guy like him. I can definitely see a team like the D-backs, Dodgers going for Utley though....it really just depends on your teams needs.

Thank you BostonRichie for this wonderful sig!

vCash
    Reyes could have 80 RBIs.....from the leadoff spot! It rarely happens especially in the NL where Reyes hits behind a pitcher.
    Carlos Beltran 2014 Stats:
    33 Games | .307 wOBA | .240 BABIP | 5 HRs | 14 Runs | 15 RBIs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12