Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Los Angeles Angels (86-56) vs. New York Yankees (76-67), Mon Sept. 8 - Wed Sept. 10

Yankees @ Angels

Game 1:

Jon Garland - (12-8, 4.64)
    Garland was hard on himself after yielding five earned runs across six innings against the Tigers on Wednesday night, but he was in position to get the win if the Tigers hadn't rallied late against the Angels' bullpen. A tear in his right thumbnail created blood, disrupting Garland in the second inning, but he stayed in the game and got through six innings against a dangerous lineup. Garland is 4-5 in 10 career starts against the Yankees with a 4.29 ERA.

vs

Carl Pavano - (2-0, 4.20)
    Making his third start since his long absence, Pavano served up a long two-run homer to Gabe Gross in the fourth inning on Wednesday and faced two batters in the fifth before exiting, taking a no-decision in his 79-pitch outing. He allowed six hits, walking two and striking out one. Pavano took a harsher tone in evaluating his performance, saying, "I think I cheated my team." He is 2-0 with a 2.40 ERA in two career starts against the Angels, in 2003 and 2005.

Game 2:

Ervin Santana - (15-5, 3.23)

Santana's remarkable run of high-caliber work continued with a dominant effort in Detroit on Thursday, marred only by a one-out homer in the eighth inning by Curtis Granderson on the last pitch he threw. With eight strikeouts and one walk, Santana now has a 79-12 K/BB ratio over his past 10 starts. Santana seems to be getting stronger as the season wears on, keeping his fastball in the 94-96 mph range while complementing it with a wicked slider and changeup. Santana is 5-1 with a 4.72 ERA in six career outings against the Yankees.

vs

Alfredo Aceves - (0-0, 1.29)

Aceves will make his first big league start on Tuesday, taking over for Darrell Rasner, who was moved to long relief. Aceves was a fast mover through the Yankees' system after being signed out of the Mexican League. Promoted to the big leagues on Aug. 28, Aceves was 8-6 with a 2.62 ERA in 25 games (23 starts) at Class A Tampa, Double-A Trenton and Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.

Game 3:

To Be Announced

vs

Andy Pettite - (13-12, 4.49)

Pettitte pitched better his last time out, but the result was much the same -- another loss -- as he came up on the wrong side of Brandon Morrow's 7 2/3-inning no-hit bid. Pettitte allowed three runs on seven hits through seven innings at Seattle and remains winless since Aug. 20. He has allowed 15 runs and 27 hits through hispast 18 innings pitched, a 7.50 ERA.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    sweet. I was wondering if anybody was going to make one of these. No way we don't clinch this series.
    If you think this is my signature, you're right!

vCash
    Awesome, I was just about to ask someone to sticky this for me.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    score update?

no broadcast and espns gamecast clogs up my computer

vCash
    2-1 Angels in the top of the 6th.

A Tex sac fly in the 1st and a Brandon Wood solo HR in the 3rd.

Going into the bottom of the 6th now, Garland at 85 pitches.
    Visit my Blog.

vCash
    Now 3-1 Angels on a Sean Rodriguez solo HR.
    Visit my Blog.

vCash
    Wood and Rodriguez with a HR tonight. Very nice.

vCash
    Still bottom of the 6th, no outs.

First Figgins hit by a pitch, then Anderson hit by one.
    Visit my Blog.

vCash
    Or... not. I guess Anderson wasn't hit by a pitch, but Figgins was.
    Visit my Blog.

vCash
    Runners on 1st and 3rd, no outs, Tex is up.
    Visit my Blog.

vCash
    money....i like the setup

vCash
    HR VLADDY!!! What a bomb. 6-1 angels.

vCash
    Tex groundout that scores Figgins and puts Anderson on 2nd, then a Vladdy HR makes it 6-1 Angels, now 1 out, bottom of the 6th.

Hunter single.
    Visit my Blog.

vCash
    Rivera up, Hunter steals 2nd.
    Visit my Blog.

vCash
    Rivera walks, Hunter steals 3rd, 1 out, runners on the corners, Napoli up.
    Visit my Blog.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast