Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Threaded View

vCash

Factually, McCain not eligible for highest office

When I first heard this, the source was Ron Paul supporters, many of whom wear tin foil on their heads to prevent the CIA from controlling their minds, so I pretty much disregarded it.

Well now a qualified source, Prof. Chin of the University of Arizona law school argues that John McCain is not eligible to serve as President of the United States. McCain, born to U.S. citizens living in Panama, fails the test of 14th Amendment natural born citizen, according to the good professor.

http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.c...act-id=1157621

In April, the U.S. Senate passed a resolution declaring McCain eligible. Hmm, why was that necessary if McCain was already eligible? Technically, according to the letter of the law, Prof. Chin is absolutely right. McCain is not eligible to serve as President of the United States.

Sadly, some very bad law is about to be written as a result. Theodore Olsen, former Solicitor-General in the current Bush Administration will challenge that a citizen, registered to vote, lacks standing to bring a complaint forward challenging McCain's 14th Amendment qualification for office. Olsen's theory is that a citizen can't bring such a suit because an ordinary citizen can't prove damages should a non-qualified person become President.

So, if you intend to vote for McCain, you are voting for a man not eligible to serve. While this might not bother some, I wonder about the future when a man with Nazi affiliations such as California Governor Arnold Schwartzenegger and not qualified to serve under the 14th Amendment is deemed eligible by Senate declaration or resolution.
    Last edited by moonman; 07-12-2008 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Typo in title