Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 13 of 13

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    930
    vCash
    1500

    Factually, McCain not eligible for highest office

    When I first heard this, the source was Ron Paul supporters, many of whom wear tin foil on their heads to prevent the CIA from controlling their minds, so I pretty much disregarded it.

    Well now a qualified source, Prof. Chin of the University of Arizona law school argues that John McCain is not eligible to serve as President of the United States. McCain, born to U.S. citizens living in Panama, fails the test of 14th Amendment natural born citizen, according to the good professor.

    http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.c...act-id=1157621

    In April, the U.S. Senate passed a resolution declaring McCain eligible. Hmm, why was that necessary if McCain was already eligible? Technically, according to the letter of the law, Prof. Chin is absolutely right. McCain is not eligible to serve as President of the United States.

    Sadly, some very bad law is about to be written as a result. Theodore Olsen, former Solicitor-General in the current Bush Administration will challenge that a citizen, registered to vote, lacks standing to bring a complaint forward challenging McCain's 14th Amendment qualification for office. Olsen's theory is that a citizen can't bring such a suit because an ordinary citizen can't prove damages should a non-qualified person become President.

    So, if you intend to vote for McCain, you are voting for a man not eligible to serve. While this might not bother some, I wonder about the future when a man with Nazi affiliations such as California Governor Arnold Schwartzenegger and not qualified to serve under the 14th Amendment is deemed eligible by Senate declaration or resolution.
    Last edited by moonman; 07-12-2008 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Typo in title

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    21,592
    vCash
    1500
    Do you really think the purpose of a law like that, is to prevent people like Mccain from serving as president?

    I wonder about the future when a man with Nazi affiliations such as California Governor Arnold Schwartzenegger and not qualified to serve under the 14th Amendment is deemed eligible by Senate declaration or resolution.
    1st off.....Arnold is not a Nazi.

    2nd off....do you see the difference between being born in Austria, and Mccain's situation?

    I read an article, that a 1937 law....conveyed citizenship to anyone born in the canal zone, after 1904. Mr. Chin's argument is that since the law was written in 1937, and Mccain was born in 1936...he wasn't "naturally born" because the law went into affect in 1937. Come on.
    Last edited by gcoll; 07-12-2008 at 10:34 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wynnewood, PA/Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    13,693
    vCash
    1500
    Phail.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    805
    vCash
    1500
    Barack Obama is not legally a U.S. Natural-born citizen according to the law on the books at the time of his birth, which falls between “December 24, 1952 to November 13, 1986? . Presidential office requires a natural-born citizen if the child was not born to two U.S. Citizen parents, which of course is what exempts John McCain though he was born in the Panama Canal. US Law very clearly stipulates: “…If only one parent was a U.S. Citizen at the time of your birth, that parent must have resided in the United States for at least ten years, at least five of which had to be after the age of 16.” Barack Obama’s father was not a U.S. Citizen and Obama’s mother was only 18 when Obama was born, which means though she had been a U.S. Citizen for 10 years, (or citizen perhaps because of Hawai’i being a territory) the mother fails the test for being so for at least 5 years **prior to** Barack Obama’s birth, but *after* age 16. It doesn’t matter *after* . In essence, she was not old enough to qualify her son for automatic U.S. Citizenship. At most, there were only 2 years elapsed since his mother turned 16 at the time of Barack Obama’s birth when she was 18 in Hawai’i. His mother would have needed to have been 16+5= 21 years old, at the time of Barack Obama’s birth for him to have been a natural-born citizen. As aformentioned, she was a young college student at the time and was not. Barack Obama was already 3 years old at that time his mother would have needed to have waited to have him as the only U.S. Cizen parent. Obama instead should have been naturalized, but even then, that would still disqualify him from holding the office.

    *** Naturalized citizens are ineligible to hold the office of President. *** Though Barack Obama was sent back to Hawaii at age 10, all the other info does not matter because his mother is the one who needed to have been a U.S. Citzen for 10 years prior to his birth on August 4, 1961, with 5 of those years being after age 16. Further, Obama may have had to have remained in the country for some time to protect any citizenship he would have had, rather than living in Indonesia. Now you can see why Obama’s aides stopped his speech about how we technically have more than 50 states, because it would have led to this discovery. This is very clear cut and a blaring violation of U.S. Election law. I think the Gov. Of California would be very insterested in knowing this if Obama were elected President without being a natural-born U.S. Citizen, and it would set precedence. Stay tuned to your TV sets because I suspect some of this information will be leaking through over the next several days…

    something I just found

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    St. Louis, MO / SIUe
    Posts
    35,041
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by americanoutlaw View Post
    Barack Obama is not legally a U.S. Natural-born citizen according to the law on the books at the time of his birth, which falls between “December 24, 1952 to November 13, 1986? . Presidential office requires a natural-born citizen if the child was not born to two U.S. Citizen parents, which of course is what exempts John McCain though he was born in the Panama Canal. US Law very clearly stipulates: “…If only one parent was a U.S. Citizen at the time of your birth, that parent must have resided in the United States for at least ten years, at least five of which had to be after the age of 16.” Barack Obama’s father was not a U.S. Citizen and Obama’s mother was only 18 when Obama was born, which means though she had been a U.S. Citizen for 10 years, (or citizen perhaps because of Hawai’i being a territory) the mother fails the test for being so for at least 5 years **prior to** Barack Obama’s birth, but *after* age 16. It doesn’t matter *after* . In essence, she was not old enough to qualify her son for automatic U.S. Citizenship. At most, there were only 2 years elapsed since his mother turned 16 at the time of Barack Obama’s birth when she was 18 in Hawai’i. His mother would have needed to have been 16+5= 21 years old, at the time of Barack Obama’s birth for him to have been a natural-born citizen. As aformentioned, she was a young college student at the time and was not. Barack Obama was already 3 years old at that time his mother would have needed to have waited to have him as the only U.S. Cizen parent. Obama instead should have been naturalized, but even then, that would still disqualify him from holding the office.

    *** Naturalized citizens are ineligible to hold the office of President. *** Though Barack Obama was sent back to Hawaii at age 10, all the other info does not matter because his mother is the one who needed to have been a U.S. Citzen for 10 years prior to his birth on August 4, 1961, with 5 of those years being after age 16. Further, Obama may have had to have remained in the country for some time to protect any citizenship he would have had, rather than living in Indonesia. Now you can see why Obama’s aides stopped his speech about how we technically have more than 50 states, because it would have led to this discovery. This is very clear cut and a blaring violation of U.S. Election law. I think the Gov. Of California would be very insterested in knowing this if Obama were elected President without being a natural-born U.S. Citizen, and it would set precedence. Stay tuned to your TV sets because I suspect some of this information will be leaking through over the next several days…

    something I just found
    You know you need to quote and cite paragraphs and not just rip them off. Even if it's a bull**** chain e-mail.

    Then again, that might be why you're not citing it.

    http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/citizen.asp

    That disproves the e-mail. Really though, enough with the propaganda.
    Member of the Owlluminati

    Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wynnewood, PA/Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    13,693
    vCash
    1500
    Win.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    St. Louis, MO / SIUe
    Posts
    35,041
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
    Win.
    Only someone who doesn't like Obama to begin with would believe those junk e-mails.
    Member of the Owlluminati

    Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    15,568
    vCash
    1500
    Moonman...

    How desparate are you? Classic moonman to throw in an anti-Arnold comment, even though liberals are the only ones who like pretend conservatives like him.

    And don't you think if McCain wasn't eligible to run (and he is...) the RNC (or even DNC for that matter) would have said something. It's kinda a huge deal.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

    RIP Jesse Helms

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    15,568
    vCash
    1500
    Edit: Repeat post
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

    RIP Jesse Helms

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Gainesville, VA
    Posts
    5,551
    vCash
    1500
    Regardless of where in the world John McCain was born, he was born on a US Military base. The letter of the law may state Natural Born Citizen, however the letter of the law also states Military Installations are considered US Soil..

    So there you have it.. he was born on US Soil.
    oh my god! did you hear? Alex Rodriguez left a floater and didn't do a double flush!!! someone alert the media this must be news!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    15,568
    vCash
    1500
    Honestly.

    How arrogant are you when you think you prove the board of elections, Obama, the DNC, the RNC, Romney, Hillary, etc wrong on a really important issue like whether or not their opponent/candidate is a citizen?
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

    RIP Jesse Helms

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    St. Louis, MO / SIUe
    Posts
    35,041
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    Honestly.

    How arrogant are you when you think you prove the board of elections, Obama, the DNC, the RNC, Romney, Hillary, etc wrong on a really important issue like whether or not their opponent/candidate is a citizen?
    Yup. I think we can safely say this thread should be locked up.
    Member of the Owlluminati

    Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    15,568
    vCash
    1500
    To clarify, that comment wasn't directed at Moonman, but at Ron Paul nutjobs.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

    RIP Jesse Helms

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •