Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 29 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139791295291029 ... LastLast

Thread: Old threads

Jason Williams is officially of the market .... gone to Atlanta. Oh well,, i guess we will have to find someone else.

yea, im sure he's not too worried about it if hes makin 2.2m

That's probably one of the few teams that offered him a contract

I am guessing that more than 1 team offered him a contract. I would guess that he had discussions with as many as 5 teams. One team that reportedly spoke to him was Ottawa while the Hurricanes also said they were speaking to his agent. He had options and places to go to win, but chose to go to a team that is going to lose a whole lot for 2.2 million. Can't blame him i suppose.

Ive gotta say that im scratching my head on this one. Im sure the money was a bonus, BUT Atlanta? Common, they are horrible, and even their Jerseys are ugly and repulsive. The Hawks jersey is # 1 for sure.

I thought he was going to get about 3 mm
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

I agree with you that I thought he would get paid a little more than 2.2 million a year. I was surprised with that amount especially considering what some players are getting paid this year...like Jeff Finger of the Leafs...wow.

Blackhawks/Kings/Senators 3 Way Trade Rumors

On several different sites I keep hearing of a Los Angeles/Ottawa/Chicago 3 team trade. I keep hearing names Like Vermette, Neil, and Seabrook popping up. What would you guys want from Los Angeles/Ottawa and what could we give up.

What do you guys think?

I would be extremely surprised if Seabrook is rumored anywhere. They just signed him to a contract extension this year for a few years. I hear barker to Ottawa which would be more appropriate. Can you post the sites that you are seeing this on? If it involves LA lets hope that means that Khabi is on the move somewhere. I like Neil in any trade but I just don't see Seabrook going anywhere because we have him locked up for a few years which is important and which is why its so odd that the Lightning traded Boyle earlier this summer.
    Last edited by Boom!; 07-14-2008 at 07:04 PM.

There is no way Seabrook is going anywhere. He is part of this young talented core the Blackhawks have. He had a damn good year last year and with Wizniewski being out, I dont see any defenseman being moved at all, including Barker.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=16227

This is from a Blackhawks blogger named Al Cimaglia from hockeybuzz.com

The 3 way rumor is from Eklunds rumors for the day on the hockeybuzz.com home.

WOW ... i just read the article. Seems kinda interesting. There is no way we can deal Seabrook. Thats just dumb. But Nik and Barker for Neil and Vermette. hmmm .. that sounds ok to me. Hendry than would have to step up and play, and im sure he could.

I would be surprised if Seabrook would be moved, even if we get a defenseman in return. However, I can see Barker being moved. It's always weird to see how these things play out...if they do at all.

Barker for Neil... i dont like it. i'm not sure why, it just doesnt sit well. I dont like trading a young defenseman, especially one with such upside for an older forward who's not going to do much more than punch guys in the mouth... isnt that the same thing as ben eager...??? Come on, serious. This shouldnt even be a rumored deal it is so bad

Any deal involving seabrook that doesnt bring dion phanuf back in return... i say hells no!! no matter who your getting, its not worth it!!

Bulin for vermette and neil from OTT... I say hells yea!! I've been saying we should go after vermette for a year now, and if we have a chance to get him in the same process as dumping bulin, then i would def push as hard as possible for this to get done.

i just hope Dale doesnt do something dumb like get rid of seabs, or dump barker for something as insignificant as neil

The rumor isnt just Barker for Neil. Tallon would have to be out of his mind to do that deal straight up, trust me if a deal happens with those two guys, more will be involved for sure. Prospects, Players, Picks will be swapped along with those two.
    Also, Khabi for Neil and Vermette will not happen. Murray of the Sens would have to be out of his mind to do that one. If Murray pulls that deal off that means he will have Khabi, Gerber, and Auld all under contract while paying Emery's buy out next year. That would basically put him in the same situation at the Blackhawks and there would definitely have to have a third team in there. More has to fall into place.

Something to remember is that Vermette is an RFA and a possible target for an offer sheet, thats why the rumor is that the Blackhawks are trying to sign him to a deal before they make the trade for him.
    I think that this is a legit rumor but could take a while to come together. The rumor isn't what you have said, there is a lot more to it that hopefully would give the Blackhawks some cap room and fill a few spots that they need.