Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 28 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038781285281028 ... LastLast

Thread: Old threads

Hossa not likely

first of all Hossa was not signing here. He was offered some huge long term deals and turned them down(penguins especially) so he could play for Detroit.Second of all we weren't trading Havlat until we knew the kids were ready.I don't think anyone really thought that Toews and Kane would have the impact they had in their first year as 18 and 19 year olds.This is havlats last year on his deal so he should play hard if healthy.If things don't look that good in Feb. then deal him for picks like Hossa was last year.Trade the Bulin wall and let Huet and Crawford show us what they got.There are a few teams that are below the 40mil floor that need goalies.

What few teams are under the 40 mil floor that need goalies? The only one I can see is LA. Atl, Phx, and NYI are teams under or around the 40 million and all of them do not need goalies, so I only see 1 team that needs a goalie under the 40 million floor, not a few.

I definitely agree that one day Beach could be that guy who plays on the line with them, I just think next year would be way too soon. I can see it two years down the line though. Beach right now needs to improve his foot speed and stability, check out some youtube videos of him and you can see it in his stride.

For the next year I just think Sharp brings a lot more to the table for Kane/Toews then Beach can. Also, it is widely known that young guys in their first year in the league always struggle more on the defensive side so Beach would fall into this, with Toews last year obviously being the exception because defense is and always will be part of his game.

yes, agreed... but with that said, i still think beach should make the club as either a 3rd or 4th line winger. I don't think he has anything left to prove at the other levels. He needs to be up playing with the club and getting better the best way possible, learning by doing.

at the very least, he should start in rockford for a few weeks then be brought up. I just dont want to see him play in juniors for another year. I think that juniors wouldnt do him any good, and if anything it would hinder his progress. he needs to play at a level where he is challenged, and i really dont think he'll be challenged playing in juniors.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedCUBBIEblue View Post
    yes, agreed... but with that said, i still think beach should make the club as either a 3rd or 4th line winger. I don't think he has anything left to prove at the other levels. He needs to be up playing with the club and getting better the best way possible, learning by doing.

at the very least, he should start in rockford for a few weeks then be brought up. I just dont want to see him play in juniors for another year. I think that juniors wouldnt do him any good, and if anything it would hinder his progress. he needs to play at a level where he is challenged, and i really dont think he'll be challenged playing in juniors.
    Beach still needs to improve his skating. Every scouting report I have read says he needs to work on it. I read in todays paper that Aliu is most likely the closest prospect to making the club. I originally was hoping Beach would make the team but he didnt turn any heads or shock the hell out of anyone at the prospect camp. From the way it sounds, Aliu and Sweatt may be ahead of Beach, however he is still trying to get back into shape. We should hear a lot more later.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

This is the thing with Beach, if he were to make the third line I would say go for it. If he were to make the 4th line, that would be a waste for him and his development. We don't need our 1st round pick playing 8 minutes a night when he could be playing 20 minutes at another level.
    I think Aliu and Beach are neck and neck. I think Sweatt will be going back to college so I think you can forget about him playing for the Blackhawks next year.
    In terms of Beach playing in Rockford and then being brought up. I am not too sure on the exact ruling but I am pretty sure that Beach cannot play for Rockford next year. There are age limitations and other things so for Beach it is either Juniors or the Blackhawks. Someone please correct me if I am wrong but I remember that was the situation with Patrick Kane last year. I know Aliu ended up the year at Rockford but I think he could only play for the AHL once his Junior season was done.

Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    This is the thing with Beach, if he were to make the third line I would say go for it. If he were to make the 4th line, that would be a waste for him and his development. We don't need our 1st round pick playing 8 minutes a night when he could be playing 20 minutes at another level.
    I think Aliu and Beach are neck and neck. I think Sweatt will be going back to college so I think you can forget about him playing for the Blackhawks next year.
    In terms of Beach playing in Rockford and then being brought up. I am not too sure on the exact ruling but I am pretty sure that Beach cannot play for Rockford next year. There are age limitations and other things so for Beach it is either Juniors or the Blackhawks. Someone please correct me if I am wrong but I remember that was the situation with Patrick Kane last year. I know Aliu ended up the year at Rockford but I think he could only play for the AHL once his Junior season was done.
    Beach cant play for Rockford this year.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

the thing you have to remember with beach is that he is only i think around 12 weeks removed from surgery from his sports hernia. so his overall strength is not the greatest. i would imagine he will spend every second he can from now till camp, training his butt off to make the team.

sports hernias are a tough thing to deal with, and it takes some time to recover from. so my guess is that he was not at full strength this past week for rookie camp

Jason Williams signed

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=2433...s=secStory_nhl

went to atl for one year at 2.2m.

i am glad that we didn't give him that much. i think he was a valuable player, but not for 2.2m.

btw... he missed 35 games last year due to a sports hernia. I mentioned in another thread about beach and his sports hernia, and how he's only 12 weeks or so out of surgery. And as to why he might have been a little sluggish in the camp this past week...

I agree that the sports hernia might be a concern in terms of where he is right now compared to where he can be. He saw his point totals fall off towards the second half of the year because he played through the injury. Should be interesting to see who wins the battles for the last few roster spots come preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    This is the thing about putting a big guy on a line of Toews/Kane...I don't like it. Some people consider Byfuglien a big guy, and i'd agree that he is big but he can definitely play soft at times and if someone messes with Toews/Kane...he won't exactly drop the gloves because he didn't a lot last year and I wouldn't plan on him doing it more this year. Here is the reason why we should all love Sharp on a line with Toews/Kane. Now no offense to Kane because obviously his job is to be a skilled forward, but he really still has a lot of room to develop on his defensive game. Sometimes he can be lazy back checking and not pick up his defenseman breaking in, and is soft on the boards. Sharp is widely considered one of the best two-way forwards in the league and he back checks hard (along with Toews) and plays a great defensive game as well as an offensive game. Obviously we can forgive Kane for this because he more than makes up for it on offense, but consider having Sharp out there as kind of hedging our bet.
    Also, Sharp is a finisher and playing on Kane's line should definitely help because Kane has such great vision of the ice and can make some straight up sick passes. I really think that continuing to play those three together can benefit all three of them and the team.
    I like the idea of having SHarp with Toews+Kane, but Byufglien isn't bad either. Having a big guy with them doesn't necessarily mean we need a guy with them that can fight. We need (or could have) a big guys with some skill such as Byufglien. All you need out of him is a big hit to send a message, then let everyone play their game. If we wanted just some big goon with them, Ben Eager would be playing with them, and that would be horrible idea
    Welcome home, Jim.

Wow talk about a guy who obviously doesn't care about winning next year. He looked for a deal that would give him the most per year and he took it..with the Thrashers. It's one thing to take a long term deal with a team that you may feel will contend in 2 or 3 years but a 1 year deal with the Thrashers? Sucks to be him right now...except for that 2.2 million he is gonna earn with a brutal team

I agree that Byfuglien can sometimes lay a big hit, but at times he can play soft. While Sharp always plays a good defensive game night in and night out. I think that while Byfuglien can play a more physical game which is his plus and does have nice hands for a big guy, that Sharp can play a better defensive game and his speed will also create more opportunities. Kind of funny to say that Sharp plays a better defensive game then the former defenseman, but on the offensive side of the puck he definitely does.

According to hockeybuzz.com the Hawks are looking to make a deal with Ottawa. The deal would be based around sending Cam Barker for Chris Neal and a high draft pick. That would add some big time toughness to our team and cut a small amount of cap room (a little bit over 1 million).

http://www.360Elite4free.com/index.php?ref=3943971

Sign up using this link to get a free Xbox 360 Elite. Set up your account as a referal account. Then select Instant Offers and choose one of those to do and complete the offer.

That would definitely add some toughness and Ottawa has been rumored looking for a puck moving defenseman for some time now, which I suppose Barker falls under. I like the way Chris Neil plays and everything, my only concern is do we have enough Defensive depth at the NHL level to make this move? This would mean that both Hendry and Walker would be at the NHL level at the beginning of the year. The only other guy who is really going to be competing for a spot is Hjalmarsson who I really don't think is ready for the NHL after watching him play a few games towards the end of last year. It is one of those deals that could be great contingent on the fact if we can solidify our defense a little after we make the move. Kind of like how I feel the Huet deal is a good one...only if we trade Khabi.