Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 26 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836761265261026 ... LastLast

Thread: Old threads

Thats a bit easier said than done. Havlat has a 6 Million dollar contract and is injury prone. Not to mention that if you sign Williams and trade Havlat you are out of a 1st/2nd line winger because Jason Williams definitely can't fill that spot.

I think its great that the Hawks dont have to counton Havlat being their best player anymore cause it should take a lot of weight off his weak shoulders and this may even make him more productive even with less time on ice.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

I agree, its a good feeling that when Havlat goes down we don't have to throw in the towel. I remember after he got injured against the Wild right into the season last year I said, "There goes our year" but Toews and Kane can now carry this team and make everyone around them better which is a big thing because everyone can pitch in to carry the load now a days.

There is no reason to trade Havlat....everyone is forgetting what he is capable.

3 Options

1. You trade him and get nothing back in return. You just dump salary and there isn't much out there to use the cap room on.

2. You keep him and he gets injured. Whatever...you shocked? Not me.

3. You keep him and he stays healthy(for even just part of the year) and you have yourself a 10 ten forward in the league. This guy is a point-per-game....these guys are really hard to find. And with the Hawks already having two in Kane and Toews....you have a third and you will win a whole hell of a lot of games.

1. 8 They switched from Pepsi to Coke which is always a good move. They have an array of beers including seasonal stuff. I had a Winter Ale there during a Bulls game that was great. The food is on par with most other arenas.

2. 9(would be a 7 if not for the anthem at Hawks games) Bulls games are electric and Hawks games now are too. Pretty good balance of studio music and organ at Hawks games.

3. I would put this at a 5. There are lots of drunk fools who are annoying and lots of people who explain stuff to their friend's...but the problem is that they don't know what there talking about. But for every one of those asshats, there is are 2 knowledgeable and courteous fans.

4. See my last state. I give this a 6, because I would say about 60% of the people there know what is going on.

5. 3. Too few and far between. They don't do many...and when they do one it is the same old beer coozee or a picture of a player. I did go on Patrick Kane youth shirt night and my sister got one that was pretty cool. Maybe move it up to 4.

6. 9. Great Parking lots. No more that your average sporting event(note that parking for Bulls games is usually a few bucks more than Hawks games). All the one way streets can confuse first timers and sometimes even veterans(WHERE ARE YOU I-290 WEST???????). An the outskirts of the city, so once you head back the other way, it isn't a huge pain(unless you live in the city and if that is the case, then you are probably used to it anyways).

7. 9. Best City in the world and the Billy Goat is right down the street. This would be a 10 if it was a little deeper into the city(which is the exact opposite for the previous one).

Sounds like a fun column....Link it to us when you are done.

Wow I am surprised that you rated number 7 (surrounding neighborhood) a 9. I love the United Center and go to about 30 games a year...but the surrounding neighborhood? Not a place that I would want to be caught alone past 9 PM. There aren't really any bars or restaurants to walk to after the game, you have to drive for the most part, I guess there are a few about 6+ blocks away but maybe we have a different definition of surrounding. I don't disagree that Chicago is the best city in the world, but I wouldn't really consider the UC as being in the best part of Chicago.

It's not in the best part of the city but it could be worse. Also, I still miss the old Chicago Stadium. That place was rocking during Hawks games.

http://www.360Elite4free.com/index.php?ref=3943971

Sign up using this link to get a free Xbox 360 Elite. Set up your account as a referal account. Then select Instant Offers and choose one of those to do and complete the offer.

Exactly GA, that is what i have been saying for the past year when everyone has been begging to trade him. His value is real low and has been for a while, so if we trade him, we will not get equal value in return.

we would be better off letting him heal and hope for a nice return. plus, this is a contract year, so you know he's going to want to do the best he can so he can get a nice little contract for next year.

The problem with Havlat is that that he has only scored a total of 44 goals in his last 3 seasons. The guy is injured way too much. Think about, if Havlat's contract was dumped somewhere last season then we would have had a realistic shot at getting a guy like Marion Hossa this offseason. Hossa is better than Havlat and doesnt get injured all the time like that. I guess we cant trade Havlat now because hes in his final year of his contract and it wouldnt make too much sense to dump a salary when it doesnt need to be dumped. The best situation would have been to trade him earlier and allow enough cap room to sign a super star in Hossa who has played just about every game in a season unlike Havlat's 109 games out of 246 in the last 3 years.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

Captain Toews?

Jonathan Toews might serve as the Blackhawks' Captain next season.

"It's a natural fit," coach Denis Savard said. "I need to sit down with the staff and coaches, [but] I know I have my mind made up. I don't care how young you are. [Toews] is that type of person who will be a great captain for us." Toews had a great rookie season, scoring 24 goals and 54 points in 64 games in 2007-08.
    Source: Chicago Tribune
    rotoworld

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

I agree with that, I just wish we had a more solid veteran leader in the lockerroom to help him out. Martin Lapointe would have been perfect to help Toews out if we still had him. The guy shows leadership and deserves to be the Captain. Reminds me of how Steve Yzerman started out and there a lot of those comparisons out there.

Quote Originally Posted by cubsbears1225 View Post
    The problem with Havlat is that that he has only scored a total of 44 goals in his last 3 seasons. The guy is injured way too much. Think about, if Havlat's contract was dumped somewhere last season then we would have had a realistic shot at getting a guy like Marion Hossa this offseason. Hossa is better than Havlat and doesnt get injured all the time like that. I guess we cant trade Havlat now because hes in his final year of his contract and it wouldnt make too much sense to dump a salary when it doesnt need to be dumped. The best situation would have been to trade him earlier and allow enough cap room to sign a super star in Hossa who has played just about every game in a season unlike Havlat's 109 games out of 246 in the last 3 years.
    Yes Havlat is very injury prone, but who else do we have to score goals beside him? When Havlat is out there, he can put up points. Toews, Sharp, Lang, and Byfuglien are the proven goal scorers on this team. While Sharp is not gonna put up near 36 again, Kane is a playmaker not a goal scorer, Lang is getting old and will only put up 20 a year, Byfuglien will get 20+ goals, and Toews will only get better, but beyond that, who else can score? That is why we need Havlat out there all the time we can, when he is healthy he can put up good numbers that we need. Ladd, Bolland, etc. will only put up 10-15 a year. I don't want to rely on Campbell, Keith, and Seabrook to help out with much of the scoring. And what if we traded Havlat in the off-season and Hossa decided to pull a Brad Richards and go to another team, then what would of happened? Our Rockford kids are not gonna be much help to the scoring. That is why I think we need to keep on to Havlat because he has something to prove, and that is if his shoulder is healed and teams are willing to give good money to him when his contract is up at the end of this year, or any money at all. I expect alot of Havlat this year, or his time could be running out. Just my 2 cents..

I agree that Havlat can put up goals, he is a high risk high reward kind of guy. I don't know how you can consider Byfuglien a proven goal scorer and not Sharp one, considering sharp has put up two 20 + seasons here and Byfuglien only really has last year to go off of. I agree that I don't know if Sharp can back up his 36 goals again, but I can see him getting close. Campbell and Keith aren't going to be relied upon to score goals, but they should be able to get a solid amount of assists and help our second tier guys (Ladd, Bolland, etc) score some more goals. I don't think that any of our defenseman can put up 15 goals this year, let me know if you think I am wrong but I think our defensemen's job this year is going to be getting that first pass out of the zone and using a fast transition game to create odd men rushes. Just my opinion on it...and my 2 cents is keep Havlat this year, don't resign him for the year after...unless he does something extraordinary this year like 82 games or 50+ goals.

The thing I love about Toews is that it doesn't seem to me like it would matter one way or another if he has the "C" on his jersey. He just seems like a born leader with a passion to win. I do agree that some more veteran leadership wouldn't hurt, but at the same time I don't find it completely necessary.

Sign up using this link to get a free Xbox 360 Elite. Set up your account as a referal account. Then select Instant Offers and choose one of those to do and complete the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    I agree that Havlat can put up goals, he is a high risk high reward kind of guy. I don't know how you can consider Byfuglien a proven goal scorer and not Sharp one, considering sharp has put up two 20 + seasons here and Byfuglien only really has last year to go off of. I agree that I don't know if Sharp can back up his 36 goals again, but I can see him getting close. Campbell and Keith aren't going to be relied upon to score goals, but they should be able to get a solid amount of assists and help our second tier guys (Ladd, Bolland, etc) score some more goals. I don't think that any of our defenseman can put up 15 goals this year, let me know if you think I am wrong but I think our defensemen's job this year is going to be getting that first pass out of the zone and using a fast transition game to create odd men rushes. Just my opinion on it...and my 2 cents is keep Havlat this year, don't resign him for the year after...unless he does something extraordinary this year like 82 games or 50+ goals.
    I agree, but I think that Keith, Seabrook, and Campbell are going to have to chip in around 10 goals each this season. All three will see time on the powerplay and should be able to put up something around that number.