Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jason Williams

vCash

Jason Williams

What happened to him? He was good when healthy.

vCash
    ufa unsigned

vCash
    I am surprised that he hasn't signed with another team by now. I personally don't like him even strength as I feel he is waste when you use him in that situation, and he isnt quick enough to play PK so I feel his only benefit to the Blackhawks is the PP. With Campbell being our Quarterback on the PP for the next 8 years...I find no need for wastin a roster spot on Jason Williams, unless we get a real solid deal.

vCash
    The Blackhawks should have resigned him and trade Havlat.

vCash
    Thats a bit easier said than done. Havlat has a 6 Million dollar contract and is injury prone. Not to mention that if you sign Williams and trade Havlat you are out of a 1st/2nd line winger because Jason Williams definitely can't fill that spot.

vCash
    I think its great that the Hawks dont have to counton Havlat being their best player anymore cause it should take a lot of weight off his weak shoulders and this may even make him more productive even with less time on ice.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    I agree, its a good feeling that when Havlat goes down we don't have to throw in the towel. I remember after he got injured against the Wild right into the season last year I said, "There goes our year" but Toews and Kane can now carry this team and make everyone around them better which is a big thing because everyone can pitch in to carry the load now a days.

vCash
    There is no reason to trade Havlat....everyone is forgetting what he is capable.

3 Options

1. You trade him and get nothing back in return. You just dump salary and there isn't much out there to use the cap room on.

2. You keep him and he gets injured. Whatever...you shocked? Not me.

3. You keep him and he stays healthy(for even just part of the year) and you have yourself a 10 ten forward in the league. This guy is a point-per-game....these guys are really hard to find. And with the Hawks already having two in Kane and Toews....you have a third and you will win a whole hell of a lot of games.

vCash
    Exactly GA, that is what i have been saying for the past year when everyone has been begging to trade him. His value is real low and has been for a while, so if we trade him, we will not get equal value in return.

we would be better off letting him heal and hope for a nice return. plus, this is a contract year, so you know he's going to want to do the best he can so he can get a nice little contract for next year.

vCash
    The problem with Havlat is that that he has only scored a total of 44 goals in his last 3 seasons. The guy is injured way too much. Think about, if Havlat's contract was dumped somewhere last season then we would have had a realistic shot at getting a guy like Marion Hossa this offseason. Hossa is better than Havlat and doesnt get injured all the time like that. I guess we cant trade Havlat now because hes in his final year of his contract and it wouldnt make too much sense to dump a salary when it doesnt need to be dumped. The best situation would have been to trade him earlier and allow enough cap room to sign a super star in Hossa who has played just about every game in a season unlike Havlat's 109 games out of 246 in the last 3 years.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbears1225 View Post
    The problem with Havlat is that that he has only scored a total of 44 goals in his last 3 seasons. The guy is injured way too much. Think about, if Havlat's contract was dumped somewhere last season then we would have had a realistic shot at getting a guy like Marion Hossa this offseason. Hossa is better than Havlat and doesnt get injured all the time like that. I guess we cant trade Havlat now because hes in his final year of his contract and it wouldnt make too much sense to dump a salary when it doesnt need to be dumped. The best situation would have been to trade him earlier and allow enough cap room to sign a super star in Hossa who has played just about every game in a season unlike Havlat's 109 games out of 246 in the last 3 years.
    Yes Havlat is very injury prone, but who else do we have to score goals beside him? When Havlat is out there, he can put up points. Toews, Sharp, Lang, and Byfuglien are the proven goal scorers on this team. While Sharp is not gonna put up near 36 again, Kane is a playmaker not a goal scorer, Lang is getting old and will only put up 20 a year, Byfuglien will get 20+ goals, and Toews will only get better, but beyond that, who else can score? That is why we need Havlat out there all the time we can, when he is healthy he can put up good numbers that we need. Ladd, Bolland, etc. will only put up 10-15 a year. I don't want to rely on Campbell, Keith, and Seabrook to help out with much of the scoring. And what if we traded Havlat in the off-season and Hossa decided to pull a Brad Richards and go to another team, then what would of happened? Our Rockford kids are not gonna be much help to the scoring. That is why I think we need to keep on to Havlat because he has something to prove, and that is if his shoulder is healed and teams are willing to give good money to him when his contract is up at the end of this year, or any money at all. I expect alot of Havlat this year, or his time could be running out. Just my 2 cents..

vCash
    I agree that Havlat can put up goals, he is a high risk high reward kind of guy. I don't know how you can consider Byfuglien a proven goal scorer and not Sharp one, considering sharp has put up two 20 + seasons here and Byfuglien only really has last year to go off of. I agree that I don't know if Sharp can back up his 36 goals again, but I can see him getting close. Campbell and Keith aren't going to be relied upon to score goals, but they should be able to get a solid amount of assists and help our second tier guys (Ladd, Bolland, etc) score some more goals. I don't think that any of our defenseman can put up 15 goals this year, let me know if you think I am wrong but I think our defensemen's job this year is going to be getting that first pass out of the zone and using a fast transition game to create odd men rushes. Just my opinion on it...and my 2 cents is keep Havlat this year, don't resign him for the year after...unless he does something extraordinary this year like 82 games or 50+ goals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    I agree that Havlat can put up goals, he is a high risk high reward kind of guy. I don't know how you can consider Byfuglien a proven goal scorer and not Sharp one, considering sharp has put up two 20 + seasons here and Byfuglien only really has last year to go off of. I agree that I don't know if Sharp can back up his 36 goals again, but I can see him getting close. Campbell and Keith aren't going to be relied upon to score goals, but they should be able to get a solid amount of assists and help our second tier guys (Ladd, Bolland, etc) score some more goals. I don't think that any of our defenseman can put up 15 goals this year, let me know if you think I am wrong but I think our defensemen's job this year is going to be getting that first pass out of the zone and using a fast transition game to create odd men rushes. Just my opinion on it...and my 2 cents is keep Havlat this year, don't resign him for the year after...unless he does something extraordinary this year like 82 games or 50+ goals.
    I agree, but I think that Keith, Seabrook, and Campbell are going to have to chip in around 10 goals each this season. All three will see time on the powerplay and should be able to put up something around that number.

http://www.360Elite4free.com/index.php?ref=3943971

Sign up using this link to get a free Xbox 360 Elite. Set up your account as a referal account. Then select Instant Offers and choose one of those to do and complete the offer.

vCash
    I definitely agree that those guys are capable of chipping in 10 goals, Wiz even got 7 last year if I remember correctly and Sopel also steps up in the play a lot. If all those guys put up 10 goals, it would be a great year for our defensemen, however I just don't think that we can expect huge goal amounts from them but they should all be able to create some goals of their own and a lot more from their speed and vision.

vCash
    I don't disagree that we should have traded Havlat back in the day. I am talking about now. There is no gain in trading him now. Even if you dump his contract, there is no UFA's worth dumping his salary to clear room for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast