Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 25 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735751255251025 ... LastLast

Thread: Old threads

I dont see any moves coming until after the prospect workouts. If Beach looks like he can start in the NHL then I dont see a move coming. If management isnt impressed then I think the most logical answer would be to resign Jason Williams if he is willing to give a discount at about 3 mil for 1 year. Khabby still has to go.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    What unrestricted (or Restricted if you wish) Free Agent should the Blackhawks go after now? Let's try and be realistic here that at the current moment the Blackhawks can't really afford to spend more than 3 or 4 million (At Absolute most) on a free agent. I really don't think they can afford to spend more than 2 million. Please remember that they can only be over the cap by 10% at most during the off season, so please no Mats Sundin, Teemu Selanne or Joe Sakic signings.

Here are my top three who I don't see commanding a huge amount but that could help. I believe all of these guys are still UFA's so help me out if I missed them signing.

1. David Vyborny - (Last team CBJ) He put up 26 pts last year in 66 games. He is a good swingman who can play on the third or second line depending on injuries. Could be a valuable, low cost member to a team.

2. Aaron Downey - (Last team Detroit) A lot of people aren't to hot on Eager and I like Downey. He plays with an edge and a snarl. He is only 33 years old and would be a good fit as a fourth liner. Also, he has Won a Stanley cup and could provide some veteran presence and leadership in the lockerroom.

3. Jan Hlvac - (Last team Preds) Another swing man who had 35 pts last year along with 12 goals. If I remember correctly he plays the PK a lot which would help after losing Bourque.

I looked at guys like Berard, but I do not think the Blackhawks need another high risk defensemen. I would like to find a young defenseman the blackhawks could sign for cheap. Let me know what everyone thinks and remember that it has to be someone that they can afford considering they are about 2 million over the cap right now.
    Vyborny is playing in the Czech Elite league this year

is Demitra still out there? if so maybe him but other than that we cant really afford it.

Demitra is currently still out there but he is rumored close to a deal with Vancouver for 3 years at 4 million a year. I have a hard time seeing Jason Williams giving the Blackhawks a hometown discount after the way he saw his ice time drop off the face of the planet last year. I truly do not regard Jason Williams as a good hockey player for the Blackhawks. Sure he has a cannon on the powerplay but he does not play a strong even strength game. I realize how important the powerplay is but I rather have a guy who is decent at both then a guy who can't play in most situations like Jason Williams but is good on the PP.

Demitra is currently still out there but he is rumored close to a deal with Vancouver for 3 years at 4 million a year. I have a hard time seeing Jason Williams giving the Blackhawks a hometown discount after the way he saw his ice time drop off the face of the planet last year. I truly do not regard Jason Williams as a good hockey player for the Blackhawks. Sure he has a cannon on the powerplay but he does not play a strong even strength game. I realize how important the powerplay is but I rather have a guy who is decent at both then a guy who can't play in most situations like Jason Williams but is good on the PP.
    exactly, and that is even more true now that we have soup

“I wouldn’t count out Kyle Beach or Akim Aliu [to make the NHL roster this year],” said Haviland. “I think they bring a different something that we may need up here: an edge.”
    Maybe thats our answer.

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/team/app/?...ticleid=368113

I think that while one of those two guys could still make it (most likely Beach because I feel Aliu still has a lot of developing to do) that we still need a veteran presence on the team and also some depth at the forward position. You rather not have a young guy who could be playing in the AHL developing into a good player be healthy scratch so signing a cheap veteran who may find that as part of their job if they slump may be an answer.

I think that while one of those two guys could still make it (most likely Beach because I feel Aliu still has a lot of developing to do) that we still need a veteran presence on the team and also some depth at the forward position. You rather not have a young guy who could be playing in the AHL developing into a good player be healthy scratch so signing a cheap veteran who may find that as part of their job if they slump may be an answer.

are you a scout now? do you see him play all of the time. or are you basing your opinion on what some writer has said, then that is not how you feel, it is how that writer feels. so what makes you say that "you feel" that aliu still has a lot of dev. to do...

Nice job jumping all over me for that comment, now its my turn to shove it down your throat. Could be the fact that I saw him play in the Prospects scrimmage yesterday. Even though he had a goal, you can see that in his skating that he has a lot of developing to do. Not to mention based on the fact that a second round pick from last year usually equals that they have a lot of developing to do. He looks lazy on the back check, playing an offensive game in the NHL is not going to be what he can do and is not going to be what keeps him in a lineup night after night. So you happy with that? Good enough for ya? What are you basing your comments off of, maybe I should ask that? Do you disagree, have you seen him in person and feel that he is ready, or are you basing it off of some writer that he is ready? If you would like to get my scouting opinion just ask nicely next time.

United Center survey

I am in the beginning stages of determining which arena is the best overall (for my blog), and I need help from Blackhawks fans!!
    I'd appreciate it if some Blackhawks fans could complete this quick survey who visit the United Center regularly throughout the season.
    If you choose to do this, please answer the questions with a rating (1-10, with 10 being the highest)... and if you'd like to add a comment, please do so! Thank you.

1. What is the quality of the food/beverages at the arena??
    2. How would you rate the overall arena atmosphere on game nights??
    3. How would you rate the hospitality of the crowd??
    4. How would you rate the overall hockey intelligence/knowledge of the crowd??
    5. How would you rate the gameday promotions??
    6. How would you rate the parking/accessibility to United Center??
    7. How would you rate the surroundings/neighborhood of United Center (bars, restaurants, close-by attractions)??

Jason Williams

What happened to him? He was good when healthy.

ufa unsigned

ouch....this is turning into the Cubs forum

I am surprised that he hasn't signed with another team by now. I personally don't like him even strength as I feel he is waste when you use him in that situation, and he isnt quick enough to play PK so I feel his only benefit to the Blackhawks is the PP. With Campbell being our Quarterback on the PP for the next 8 years...I find no need for wastin a roster spot on Jason Williams, unless we get a real solid deal.

The Blackhawks should have resigned him and trade Havlat.