Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Jason Williams signed

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=2433...s=secStory_nhl

went to atl for one year at 2.2m.

i am glad that we didn't give him that much. i think he was a valuable player, but not for 2.2m.

btw... he missed 35 games last year due to a sports hernia. I mentioned in another thread about beach and his sports hernia, and how he's only 12 weeks or so out of surgery. And as to why he might have been a little sluggish in the camp this past week...

vCash
    Wow talk about a guy who obviously doesn't care about winning next year. He looked for a deal that would give him the most per year and he took it..with the Thrashers. It's one thing to take a long term deal with a team that you may feel will contend in 2 or 3 years but a 1 year deal with the Thrashers? Sucks to be him right now...except for that 2.2 million he is gonna earn with a brutal team

vCash
    yea, im sure he's not too worried about it if hes makin 2.2m

vCash
    That's probably one of the few teams that offered him a contract

vCash
    I am guessing that more than 1 team offered him a contract. I would guess that he had discussions with as many as 5 teams. One team that reportedly spoke to him was Ottawa while the Hurricanes also said they were speaking to his agent. He had options and places to go to win, but chose to go to a team that is going to lose a whole lot for 2.2 million. Can't blame him i suppose.

vCash
    Ive gotta say that im scratching my head on this one. Im sure the money was a bonus, BUT Atlanta? Common, they are horrible, and even their Jerseys are ugly and repulsive. The Hawks jersey is # 1 for sure.

vCash
    I thought he was going to get about 3 mm
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    I agree with you that I thought he would get paid a little more than 2.2 million a year. I was surprised with that amount especially considering what some players are getting paid this year...like Jeff Finger of the Leafs...wow.