UFC- GSP

no body cares i guess

New sig needed!!!!

NFL-Miami Dolphins
    CFL-BC lions
    NCAA- OSU/Florida/UM
    Soccer- Arsenal
    UFC- GSP

A read his book, great guy apparently who did a lot for B.C.

He will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by da phins View Post
    no body cares i guess
    Maybe post a link and wait more than a minute between posts?
    Follow me on Twitter or like my journalist page on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by brandonwarne52 View Post
    Maybe post a link and wait more than a minute between posts?
    lol, agreed.

He was great for the CFL and had a lot of respect throughout football circles (including the NFL). From what I understand a few of the NFL teams are sending up reps for the service that is going to be held at the game.

I'll be going to the game, hope the Lions win for him.

SURREY, BC (BCSB) -- Monday morning means back to work and back to business for most people in the lower mainland, however, at Lions practice it was difficult for some to focus on football after the news of Bob Ackles passing away Sunday morning.

Ackles, the president and CEO of the football club, died of a heart attack while on a holiday on Bowen Island, he was 69.

This morning many of the players took the opportunity to share stories of Ackles including centre Angus Reid.

“I always tell a funny story, about when I first met him in ’02 when he came back, I met him at a social function and I was introduced to him. I said ‘hey Mr. Ackles how are ya?’ He said ‘Angus it’s Bobby, call me Mr. Ackles one more time you’ll be on waivers so fast your head will be spinning’.”

Offensive guard Kelly Bates, who is into his seventh season with the Lions said Ackles would want the team to move on and get ready for Friday’s game in Winnipeg.

“Just from knowing the way Mr. Ackles is, I think that he wouldn’t expect it any other way. He would want us out here working hard, getting ready to go for next week and I think anything less would not pay tribute to him.

Additionally, the club announced today that a commemorative logo similar to the one above would be put on the back of all the players helmets and on the field at BC Place in memory of Ackles.

The lions have two more days of practice before they depart to Winnipeg in search of their first win of the 2008 season.
    http://www.bcsportsbeat.ca/BC_Lions/...leslogo_cr.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    I'll be going to the game, hope the Lions win for him.
    Are they doing something for him at the Bombers/Lions game or just waiting until the Lions next hime game?

Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Are they doing something for him at the Bombers/Lions game or just waiting until the Lions next hime game?
    No clue

Rip

Rip

Stamps-Als just started, should be a great one

Argonauts Put Bishop On Waivers

The Toronto Argonauts have placed quarterback Michael Bishop on waivers, according to TSN CFL Insider Dave Naylor in a report on globesports.com.

The report says that speculation around the CFL is that the move was made as either an effort to gauge trade interest in Bishop or to possibly release him altogether.

Bishop, 32, had his best CFL season in 2007. After struggling to get playing time behind starter Damon Allen and then not performing consistently when he did get on the field throughout his first five CFL seasons, Bishop passed for 2,920 yards and 22 touchdowns and 11 interceptions with a QB rating of 87.5 in 2007.

The Argonauts acquired the reigning CFL Most Outstanding Player Kerry Joseph in the off-season, leaving Bishop in yet another fight for playing time; one that he appears destined to lose.

"Bishop is one of the 42 men dressing for us tomorrow. Teams confidentially put about 17 guys per week on waivers to make roster moves. It has no bearing on anything. I'm not sure if he was put on waivers but either way that has no bearing on our team - he is an Argo," the Argonauts said in a statement.

Bishop has completed six of 14 passes for 111 yards and a touchdown through the first two games this season.

The Kansas State product is in his seventh CFL season.
    tsn

come on riders