Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Im guessing the increased cost of basically everything from gas to groceries doesnt factor into that equation? Or people losing jobs? I know a guy that is currently trying to sell his home and his truck because he was just laid off from a company where he worked for +5 years making about $60k a year and now is working as a temp making $10/hour because thats all there is right now in this area. My sister went to a staffing agency about a week ago to apply for a job and she said that they told her they have people that have been waiting for 6-8 weeks for a job to come open.
    It's all in his head. He only thinks $10 an hour isn't enough to live on. Tell him to get with the times
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    How were those comments taken out of context?
    I guess I'll go over this for the 4th or 5th time on here, in addition to the numerous times Obama has elaborated in addition to the Pennsylvania primary debate.

Obama said that voters feel disenfranchised due to politicians not paying attention to their situation and making any changes that were promised, specifically small town americans. These voters don't feel any loyalty to a party or politician since nothing ever changes or helps therefore they cling to the guns and religion issues of the politicians when making the decision who they vote for. He did not say they physically cling to a gun, gun rights, bibles or church. He was saying this is how they evaluate who they vote for because they ultimately feel disenfranchised regarding economic policy issues. He was referring to ISSUES. That is called spin, especially how Hannity keeps misrepresenting his words and regurgitating it over and over.

That is not an untrue or elitist statement at all, especially since he was saying that he wants to make changes to the issues that are important to small town americans. It's a good thing people are getting this, well everyone that wants to know the truth and avoid lies and spin.

I feel I have to cut and paste this about every three weeks to remind everyone of the facts and cut through the spin.

vCash
    Okay...

I don't think that really counts.

He did say they clung to their gun rights. He said that because neither party helps them, they vote based on religion and gun rights.

You said it here:
    they cling to the guns and religion issues of the politicians when making the decision who they vote for.
    Unless you want to take that back.

So they do cling to their religious views. And their gun rights. It's hard to vote for a candidate who supports gun rights if you don't show support for gun rights...

Also, way to spin the alleged spin.

Those on the right never said "Obama has accused us of running around carrying steeples on our backs." We understand it's a psychological clinging. I realize Obama wasn't saying these voters carry churches in their left pocket, guns in their right, and bibles in their back pocket.

No **** it was representative.

And how the **** do you physically cling to gun rights? Other than holding a gun lol.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    Okay...

I don't think that really counts.

He did say they clung to their gun rights. He said that because neither party helps them, they vote based on religion and gun rights.

You said it here:

Unless you want to take that back.

So they do cling to their religious views. And their gun rights. It's hard to vote for a candidate who supports gun rights if you don't show support for gun rights...

Also, way to spin the alleged spin.

Those on the right never said "Obama has accused us of running around carrying steeples on our backs." We understand it's a psychological clinging. I realize Obama wasn't saying these voters carry churches in their left pocket, guns in their right, and bibles in their back pocket.

No **** it was representative.

And how the **** do you physically cling to gun rights? Other than holding a gun lol.
    He obviously worded it poorly for it to get spun in the first place and still carried out this far with being misrepresented. What did he say that was untrue? People decide on who they vote for based on their views on gun rights and religion, that's true. He wants people to evaluate economic and domestic policy because he wants it to matter, that's all. That's how you sum up his statements. he wasn't talking down to people, he was trying to draw attention to issues that matter the most and make the changes that are promised in campaign.

vCash
    He said people clung to their guns and religion with the conotation that sticking to your morals/constitutional rights is stupid.

And this may shock some people, but a lot of Americans care more about the constitution or God than Darfur, or Zimbabwe (I wish I could spell lol), or stupid poor people buying houses way too rich.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    And you still haven't proven his words were spun, other than all those Americans who got on TV and accused Obama of slandering the steeple-carrying crowd.

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    with the conotation that sticking to your morals/constitutional rights is stupid
    Now that's just a flat out lie.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash

And just when you thought it was all in your head, ...

Fannie and Freddie in danger
    Continued sharp slide in shares of mortgage finance firms raises new concerns about need for new capital, threat of government takeover.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The anxiety over Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, crucial to a recovery of the battered housing market and the economy as a whole, reached fever pitch on Friday as shares plunged on speculation of a looming bailout.

Immediately after the markets opened, shares of Fannie (FNM, Fortune 500) and Freddie (FRE, Fortune 500) fell more than 47% from their already battered closing price the day before. They soon rebounded later in the morning but Fannie shares were still down 22% and Freddie shares were off 20% in midday trading.

The problems for Freddie and Fannie also weighed on broader markets, causing a sell-off in U.S. stocks, especially hitting major banks, Wall Street firms and home builders.

Fannie and Freddie hold or back $5 trillion between them, or about half the mortgage debt in the country.

They play a central role in the U.S. housing market, providing a crucial source of funding for banks and other home lenders, especially since a credit market crisis last summer left them the only major players in packaging pools of mortgage loans into securities for sale to investors.

If they were unable to do so, it would significantly raise the cost and restrict the availability of mortgage loans, causing significantly more problems for already battered housing prices and sales. That in turn would be another significant problem for the overall U.S. economy, as well as global credit markets.

The New York Times reported Friday that senior Bush administration officials are considering a plan to have the government take over one or both of the companies if their problems worsen.

The shares started to erase early losses when word came that Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson was set to speak. He said that the government's primary focus is making sure that mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac remain as presently constituted to carry out their mission.

Even before the latest report on a possible rescue plan, speculation about the future of the firms this week sparked a run by investors away from their shares. That in turn raised questions about how difficult and expensive it will be for them to raise needed capital in the future, which fed into the stock plunge in a vicious cycle.

In the first four trading days of the week, the shares of Fannie have lost 30% of their value, while Freddie shares have tumbled 45%. For the year, Fannie is down 67% and Freddie 77%.
    cnn
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post

cnn
    The collapse of companies holding 50% of the mortgage debt would have primarily psychological downfalls. It's no need to whine for a bailout.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post
    Now that's just a flat out lie.
    Not really.

He basically said "stop caring about that silly stuff, look at universal health care, supreme court picks, NAFTA, the housing bubble, not your outdated religion and gun beliefs." Obviously he didn't actually say that, but that was an easily interpreted message.

Even PHX (who by the way still hasn't proven his comments were spun/taken out of context) admitted Obama was trying to get people to focus on other things over religion and gun rights.

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    Not really.

He basically said "stop caring about that silly stuff, look at universal health care, supreme court picks, NAFTA, the housing bubble, not your outdated religion and gun beliefs." Obviously he didn't actually say that, but that was an easily interpreted message.

Even PHX (who by the way still hasn't proven his comments were spun/taken out of context) admitted Obama was trying to get people to focus on other things over religion and gun rights.
    talk about spinning out of control. you are right that he obviously didn't say that, and the only ones who easily interpret it this way are Hannity, Rush, their clones, and the far right talking point blowhards. You continue to spin this and openly admit it with statements like this. thank you for proving my point.

vCash
    You said it yourself.

People decide on who they vote for based on their views on gun rights and religion, that's true. He wants people to evaluate economic and domestic policy
    So Obama wants people to stop focusing on god and their constitutional rights and start focusing on things like NAFTA, the housing bubble, and other things I mentioned above.

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    You said it yourself.

So Obama wants people to stop focusing on god and their constitutional rights and start focusing on things like NAFTA, the housing bubble, and other things I mentioned above.
    in addition to, not one more than the other, not just these issues, but all issues to be included. You continue to spin and take things how you want. Nowhere did I say "stop evaluating base on these issues" or stop anything for that matter, just stop with these issues alone and take the others into consideration. they are all important issues, that's the point.

You're just being stubborn about this now because it you know it doesn't fit the talking point when wholly evaluated in context.

He certainly doesn't want people to stop focusing on their god, just look at what he's done, where he's been, and what he's said this past week. Hardly a man who wants no emphasis on religion.

vCash
    I heard this last night on the Jay Leno show and it made me laugh so hard. "So apparently we're just imagining that gas costs $4.60."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast