Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What do you think about protesters?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's our right and I support them regardless

10 55.56%
  • I find them aggravating and feel protesting is over-used

8 44.44%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Protesters

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimura by Putin View Post
    I graduated from law school on April 25th of this year.

When did you graduate?
    I graduated from college in May 1994.

And you might want to ask your law school to... oh, never mind...

But the statement I quoted above is totally wrong, if you're implying (as you clearly seem to be) that becuase it's the government, and not our fellow citizens, who guarantees our constitutional rights, that only the government, and not the citizenry, is obligated under the Constitution not to violate those rights.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post

But the statement I quoted above is totally wrong, if you're implying (as you clearly seem to be) that becuase it's the government, and not our fellow citizens, who guarantees our constitutional rights, that only the government, and not the citizenry, is obligated under the Constitution not to violate those rights.
    California Western School of Law Class of 2008. Look it up. Its the oldest law school in San Diego.

And yes, you were correct regarding my previous statement. A private entity cannot violate your constitutional rights, unless the state action doctrine applies or the private entity violates the 13th amendment.

The non - governmental entity may violate a statutory right, unless a private entity acts under the color of state authority or violates the 13th amendment.

Fedor Fact #114:
    Fedor doesn't ride rollercoasters. Rollcoasters try to throw him off.

"The worst thing for me in the sport is when my friends lose in combat, the best thing in my life is my family and my daughter" - Fedor Emelianenko

SUPPORT AFFLICTION MMA, PLEASE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FanofCubs View Post
    A few more points.

1. Most of the people I talk to that hate the illegals the most and want them gone are the good honest people that worked to get here the legal way that are angry at these crooks.
    Well yes. Many illegals are criminals, and not just the whole lying thing. It's the increased drug trafficking, rape, murder, armed robbery, etc that bothers me.

2. If we need them here send the illegals back and open the door for more of the good, honest people trying to do it the legal way. And remember being an illegal means you are not an honest person.
    I'd like to get some good immigrants. Latin America's given us some pretty ****ty immigrants. Instead of looking at the country they're from, we need to start recruiting immigrants that are good at things. Immigrants with skills. Other than talking really loudly in spanish on public busses and waving mexicans flags of course.

I could be wrong, but I think he also meant that we as citizens still have the right to kick their *****. Could be wrong though
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    No BB, that's still assault. But it goes both ways. If they strike you (including spitting at you), it's assault the other way.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    ^^ Yes, so if they spit on you can't you strike in self-defense? All hypothetical of course I'm not about to take on a mob.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    Other than talking really loudly in spanish on public busses
    Yeah, the audacity...

They really ought to be taking their cues from you and speak in hushed, subdued, nuanced tones...

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    ^^ Yes, so if they spit on you can't you strike in self-defense? All hypothetical of course I'm not about to take on a mob.
    I'm not a legal person, but the logic sounds correct.

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."

School in Hoboken, home in Rockland County, NY
    vCash
    Isn't self defense supposed to be only responding with reasonable force? In other words, not shooting someone if they slap you? I think striking someone who spits on you is well beyond reasonable or necessary force.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan28 View Post
    Isn't self defense supposed to be only responding with reasonable force? In other words, not shooting someone if they slap you? I think striking someone who spits on you is well beyond reasonable or necessary force.
    Spitting and hitting are both considered to be a physical strike under the law.

http://www.expertlaw.com/library/per...t_battery.html
    http://www.personal-injury-info.net/...ry-caselaw.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by Reuters 3/8/07
    SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - A man who intentionally spat at another can be charged with criminal assault, a U.S. appeals court ruled on Wednesday.

Jeffrey Lewellyn was sentenced to two years probation and 50 hours of community service after he spat in 2004 at a patient who swore at him on the grounds of a Veterans Administration Medical Center in Walla Walla, Washington.

He appealed the conviction, arguing that spitting did not constitute an assault, but the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals disagreed.

"Intentionally spitting on another person is an offensive touching that rises to the level of simple assault," the three-judge panel wrote.

vCash
    Yeah, the audacity...

They really ought to be taking their cues from you and speak in hushed, subdued, nuanced tones...
    No, just learn English or STFU.

Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post

That's... wow.

At least I know I have the legal backing to use hitting as self-defense in retaliation of spitting lol.

RIP Jesse Helms

School in Hoboken, home in Rockland County, NY
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post

Wow, did not know that

blenderboy, if someone spits on you, feel free to start hitting him/her

vCash
    Awesome lol

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan28 View Post
    Wow, did not know that

blenderboy, if someone spits on you, feel free to start hitting him/her
    Yeah I learned that in a Labor Law class I took in undergrad. I couldn't really remember all the details because that was the last law class I took, but I remember being suprised by that. It reminded me of Roberto Alomar.

vCash
    No, just learn English or STFU.
    Whether that's another one of your unfunny sarcastic jokes or not, I do hope you have the experience, in the course of your language studies, to travel to another country and be treated like **** because you don't know the language.

You know... karma and all...

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    1) It wasn't a joke.

2) And it's happened. I've lived in Quebec, where few people knew english.

And what did I do? Did I wave flags around saying "speak my language because I'm an immigrant and you've been here for a long time so I'm supreme?" Did I demand all signs be bilingual? Did I demand the government print things in my language?

No. I grew a pair and learned French. And in my home I spoke english and french, but I did speak french.

Of course, Quebec's a sad example because really that whole province should have assimilated. It's an example of why countries can't have two fighting cultures/languages.

3) And karma doesn't exist. That's why I'm still alive.

RIP Jesse Helms

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast