Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: What do you think about protesters?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's our right and I support them regardless

    10 55.56%
  • I find them aggravating and feel protesting is over-used

    8 44.44%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 59 of 59

Thread: Protesters

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    694
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    Well yes. Many illegals are criminals, and not just the whole lying thing. It's the increased drug trafficking, rape, murder, armed robbery, etc that bothers me.



    I'd like to get some good immigrants. Latin America's given us some pretty ****ty immigrants. Instead of looking at the country they're from, we need to start recruiting immigrants that are good at things. Immigrants with skills. Other than talking really loudly in spanish on public busses and waving mexicans flags of course.



    I could be wrong, but I think he also meant that we as citizens still have the right to kick their *****. Could be wrong though
    You don't have the right to kick their ***, but if you did it would NOT be a violation of their constitutional rights.

    Fedor Fact #114:
    Fedor doesn't ride rollercoasters. Rollcoasters try to throw him off.

    "The worst thing for me in the sport is when my friends lose in combat, the best thing in my life is my family and my daughter" - Fedor Emelianenko

    SUPPORT AFFLICTION MMA, PLEASE.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    694
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    No BB, that's still assault. But it goes both ways. If they strike you (including spitting at you), it's assault the other way.
    Spitting on someone is a battery not an assault, but assault still could exist on those facts.

    And it depends if you are bering a civil suit versus a criminal charge because the battery is defined differently in a civil context as compared to a criminal.

    Fedor Fact #114:
    Fedor doesn't ride rollercoasters. Rollcoasters try to throw him off.

    "The worst thing for me in the sport is when my friends lose in combat, the best thing in my life is my family and my daughter" - Fedor Emelianenko

    SUPPORT AFFLICTION MMA, PLEASE.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    694
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    ^^ Yes, so if they spit on you can't you strike in self-defense? All hypothetical of course I'm not about to take on a mob.
    It depends on how the jurisdiction you are in defines self - defense, but generally self - defense can plead as a defense if a person reasonably believes that another is threatening seriously bodily injury or death. But you cannot use excessive force.

    Fedor Fact #114:
    Fedor doesn't ride rollercoasters. Rollcoasters try to throw him off.

    "The worst thing for me in the sport is when my friends lose in combat, the best thing in my life is my family and my daughter" - Fedor Emelianenko

    SUPPORT AFFLICTION MMA, PLEASE.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    15,568
    vCash
    1500
    fine. It'll just spit back I guess. Or vomit...
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

    RIP Jesse Helms

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    30,413
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by snakey32 View Post
    This year the Republican National Convention is being held in downtown Saint Paul. There have been numerous stories in the local media regarding protesters clamoring to get strategic spots in order to ruin things for the GOP. I really despise protesters in general. They're typically fanatical, weak-minded flakes who feel that making a big stink is their way of changing the world.

    I've been fantasizing for a few weeks now about rounding up a large group of able-bodied guys to gather in Saint Paul during the convention in order to antagonize the protesters. It would be just awesome to beat down a bunch of *****-arsed, hippy douches whose goal was to inconvience others and whine in chorus. I bet it would only take a few dozen of us to beat back several hundred hippy protesters.

    Should I feel bad for my hatred of protesters? I understand that we do have the right to protest and that is for good reason. However, I think it is aggravating and over-used, especially by lefties. Don't get me wrong though, I feel the same about the far-right abortion clinic protesters.
    Look up the words "hypocrite" and "stereotype"

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    St. Louis, MO / SIUe
    Posts
    35,041
    vCash
    1500
    Is there really much of a difference? I'm not exactly sure what the legal lingo is with regard to that, but the article I posted defined it as assault.
    Member of the Owlluminati

    Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    24,834
    vCash
    1500
    I hate when war protesters protest at soldiers funerals.
    **********

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    15,568
    vCash
    1500
    yeah that's disgusting
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

    RIP Jesse Helms

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Woodbridge,Virginia
    Posts
    786
    vCash
    1500
    I think Protesting is a good Idea, it just needs to be directed at the right people. Alot of protestors are so gungho to protest that they decide to protest against the wrong people, ie:Soldiers,TV execs etc. What they are doing in Saint Paul is a good thing showing displeasure with our government.
    As of right now our government has failed us, no longer are we run for the people by the people but we are run by people who are predestined to run the country. All of the cabinet members have had family serve in the senate or congress and so on. This kind of reminds me of a Royal family dictatorship, and the question I keep asking myself is we have 2 major parties, how long till we just have one?

    Also who ever you are that started this topic you better be prepared to fight because the way your post makes you out to be, I think you will get your butt kicked. Beleive me when I say that they will outnumber you 2 to 1 and you don't have superior fighting skills to compensate for this so whats the point of going down there with this new age of protestors besides looking Immature and eventually being labled as an epic fail?

    Also be happy The US only has protestors because in other countries and the older days when a government fails you like this for so long there would be a immediate change in the way we do things (revolution,Military coo,)
    Rest in peace to a Real Warrior and a real Hero
    may you guard the gates of heaven forever
    Sgt. Merlin German United States Marine Corps


    [URL=http://g.imageshack.us/img4/hendrickszr3.jpg/1

    All We Do Is WIN

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    School in Hoboken, home in Rockland County, NY
    Posts
    54,870
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    I hate when war protesters protest at soldiers funerals.
    Same, as well as when religious protestors protest gay people's funerals.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,113
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan28 View Post
    I hate to tell you, if you want to go and beat up people who are doing absolutely nothing wrong according to the laws, and think all protestors are hippy douches, that would make you the weak-minded one, not them.

    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan28 View Post
    He's saying it's better to break the law and commit assault and battery against people doing nothing wrong than follow the law. Yeah, that makes perfect sense.
    Here, let me re-post my thoughts so you can read them again and have a better understanding. It shouldn't be difficult to understand my intention, in theory, would be to upset the protesters to the point they would like to become violent with me. Considering their fanatical nature, I don't think it would be very difficult to antagonize one of them to the point that they would cross the line.

    Quote Originally Posted by snakey32 View Post
    This year the Republican National Convention is being held in downtown Saint Paul. There have been numerous stories in the local media regarding protesters clamoring to get strategic spots in order to ruin things for the GOP. I really despise protesters in general. They're typically fanatical, weak-minded flakes who feel that making a big stink is their way of changing the world.

    I've been fantasizing for a few weeks now about rounding up a large group of able-bodied guys to gather in Saint Paul during the convention in order to antagonize the protesters. It would be just awesome to beat down a bunch of *****-arsed, hippy douches whose goal was to inconvience others and whine in chorus. I bet it would only take a few dozen of us to beat back several hundred hippy protesters.

    Should I feel bad for my hatred of protesters? I understand that we do have the right to protest and that is for good reason. However, I think it is aggravating and over-used, especially by lefties. Don't get me wrong though, I feel the same about the far-right abortion clinic protesters.

    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    No BB, that's still assault. But it goes both ways. If they strike you (including spitting at you), it's assault the other way.
    I wanted to quote you so that Jetsfan can see what a post looks like from someone who has adequate comprehension skills.

    Quote Originally Posted by halladaymvp View Post
    Look up the words "hypocrite" and "stereotype"
    hyp·o·crite
    –noun
    1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
    2. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

    I am a hypocrite for wanting to give people a taste of their own medicine? For wanting to fight fire with fire? Is your point really that I am a hypocrite because of my distain for protesters?

    ster·e·o·type
    –noun
    1. a process, now often replaced by more advanced methods, for making metal printing plates by taking a mold of composed type or the like in papier-mâché or other material and then taking from this mold a cast in type metal.
    2. a plate made by this process.
    3. a set form; convention.
    4. Sociology. a simplified and standardized conception or image invested with special meaning and held in common by members of a group: The cowboy and Indian are American stereotypes.

    I am extremely stereotypical.


    Thanks for the usefull post. I really love to see how certain people can make themselves look so foolish with such a short, meaningless, shallow, uncreative post. Please do yourself a favor and look up the words "derelict" and "remiss."



    HW- Lesnar, Barry, Overeem
    LHW- HENDO!, Shogun, Mousasi
    MW- Sonnen, Stann, Leben
    WW- Condit, GSP, Ellenberger
    LW- Sherk, Guida, Volkmann

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    26,573
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan28 View Post
    Same, as well as when religious protestors protest gay people's funerals.
    It just makes me so angry that anyone could take pleasure into doing something so ignorant. If you got a problem with homosexuals or the fact that some people just won't conform to your beliefs, you shouldn't take it out on grieving families when they did absolutely nothing to deserve this garbage. I don't care if they're protected by rights, they shouldn't be allowed doing what they're doing and the media shouldn't be allowed to give them attention.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    15,568
    vCash
    1500
    Well I kinda agree.

    You can think whatever you want about anything, including the rights of gays.

    And while I disagree with what you say about their right to protest (they should be allowed to do it: the right to do something unpopular is even more important to protect imo), it's certainly classless.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

    RIP Jesse Helms

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    26,573
    vCash
    1500
    It's just one of my biggest pet peeves, the fact that we live in a society where anything goes and there's not much that we can do about it, "simply because they're protected by rights." That reason alone just makes me cringe.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •