Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What do you think about protesters?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's our right and I support them regardless

10 55.56%
  • I find them aggravating and feel protesting is over-used

8 44.44%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Protesters

Hybrid View

vCash

Thumbs down Protesters

This year the Republican National Convention is being held in downtown Saint Paul. There have been numerous stories in the local media regarding protesters clamoring to get strategic spots in order to ruin things for the GOP. I really despise protesters in general. They're typically fanatical, weak-minded flakes who feel that making a big stink is their way of changing the world.

I've been fantasizing for a few weeks now about rounding up a large group of able-bodied guys to gather in Saint Paul during the convention in order to antagonize the protesters. It would be just awesome to beat down a bunch of *****-arsed, hippy douches whose goal was to inconvience others and whine in chorus. I bet it would only take a few dozen of us to beat back several hundred hippy protesters.

Should I feel bad for my hatred of protesters? I understand that we do have the right to protest and that is for good reason. However, I think it is aggravating and over-used, especially by lefties. Don't get me wrong though, I feel the same about the far-right abortion clinic protesters.

HW- Lesnar, Barry, Overeem
    LHW- HENDO!, Shogun, Mousasi
    MW- Sonnen, Stann, Leben
    WW- Condit, GSP, Ellenberger
    LW- Sherk, Guida, Volkmann

vCash

vCash
    I suppose it depends on the circumstances.

After studying it (I was obviously too young to be alive) I have absolutely no respect for the protestors of the Vietnam War. Especially their dispicable treatment of returning soldiers. Sometimes police brutality isn't enough.

And I had little respect for Cindy "The men who blew my son to smithereens are Freedom Fighters" Sheehan.

But protesting is an essential right. While it is overused, and it can have terrible effects (like helping the Vietnamese outlast America), it's still our right.

I guess people should use it responsibly, but it's one of those rights that should have little restriction as long as its peaceful.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    ^I agree with your Cindy Sheehan comment. She had such a GREAT platform, but she ruined it by being a total psycho.

vCash
    Protesting is better than rioting. As long as it's civil, there's nothing wrong with it. The whole point of it is to annoy you into wanting them to stop -- and an easy way to do that is to capitulate to their demands.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    She seriously was.

She could have easily said "my brave son who was 10 times a braver person than many americans died, and i'm upset. We shouldn't be in Iraq."

Instead she alienates herself from moderates, becomes a puppet of moveon.org and Michael Moore, starts calling the people killing the very soldiers she claims to love "freedom fighters," calls Americans terrorists, etc.

And what did that get her?
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    It is clearly their right, but more often than not, they just turn people off to even listening to their stance due to their idiotic methods.

The ACLU wackjobs are the worst. I have come accross these morons staging protests at sporting events such as the Super Bowl and all star games *****ing about bag checks, metal detectors, and some BS about illegals. Nobody wants to hear their crap, pretty much ever, let alone on their way to a sporting event.
    Last edited by Max Power; 07-10-2008 at 02:48 PM.

vCash
    I agree with snakey32. I just think that some of these people (sometimes psychos) do these protests for publicity and the media caves in, gives them what they want. In some cases, I don't think that they should be allowed protesting and the media shouldn't be allowed giving them attention. It's pretty hard for me to explain, so bear with me.

vCash
    Protesting is a american right even if I disagree with their causes. I draw the line at illegals or foreigners protesting for rights they aren't entitle to.

vCash
    Most of them annoy me.
    Last edited by gcoll; 07-10-2008 at 08:47 PM.

vCash
    I'm against protesting and picketing, I just don't know how to show it
    The Hoss in action

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Protesting is a american right even if I disagree with their causes. I draw the line at illegals or foreigners protesting for rights they aren't entitle to.
    Seriously. I would deport every mexican protesting for amnesty.

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    I'm sure you would. I guess it's a good thing that we'll have comprehensive immigration legislation by the end of next year with the next president, regardless of who it is, and the less conservative congress.

vCash
    agree, if you mean illegals. Our politicans don't have the balls to stop illegals from entering this country. We didn't stop them during the Carter and Reagen terms, during this Bush term, and we won't stop them from entering during whoever is running things this next term or the term in 2020 and beyond. All about the Latino vote they don't want to lose. Now Obama is suggesting we all learn spanish. Was that a hint? Spanlish anyone?
    Last edited by WES445; 07-11-2008 at 03:03 PM.

vCash
    Irony...............

Only someone who constantly seeks out victimhood or lives in a world where everyone must be a racist hears "fried food" and the primary thought is "black people are being oppressed."
    How dare you speak a fact.

Dirty ****ing racist. I'm not one for calling people racist though. Racist.
    Sigh. Didn't you get that I was making fun of you and closeted racists who make up for their insecurities by calling everyone racist?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast