Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Sharks Re-Sign Defenseman Christian Ehrhoff

Sharks Re-Sign Defenseman Christian Ehrhoff
    San Jose Sharks Executive Vice President and General Manager Doug Wilson announced today that the club has re-signed Group II restricted free agent defenseman Christian Ehrhoff to a three-year deal. In keeping with club policy, financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Ehrhoff finished the 2007-08 season with 22 points (1-21=22) in 77 games, good for third among Sharks blueliners. He led the team in blocked shots (108) and was tied for sixth on the team in assists. Ehrhoff played in his 200th National Hockey League game on Nov. 2 vs. Los Angeles.

The 26-year-old also played in 10 playoff games, recording five assists and 14 penalty minutes. Ehrhoff averaged just over 23 minutes of ice time, despite being hampered by an injured ankle.

“Christian is an extremely competitive person and we’ve liked his development as a player,” said Wilson. “He got injured late in the regular season and showed a great deal of heart by playing through the playoffs. We expect him to continue to get better and be a big contributor for this organization.”

Ehrhoff made his NHL debut in 2003-04 and is eighth on the all-time Sharks list among defensemen in points (17-73=90) in 264 regular season games. He has also added 15 points (2-13=15) in 32 career playoff games.

The six-foot-two, 205-pound native of Moers, Germany was selected by San Jose in the fourth round (106th overall) of the 2001 NHL Entry Draft.

vCash
    for 3 million a year i would have rather kept rivet.

vCash
    Do you guys think we're done or are we going to do some more trading?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs View Post
    Do you guys think we're done or are we going to do some more trading?
    No, we're far from done. We are apparently close from resigning Clowe and Semenov isn't out of the picture yet, so he may resign.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ramstoria View Post
    for 3 million a year i would have rather kept rivet.
    Rivet is 33 years old and a very slower skater. As soon as McLellan agreed to coach the Sharks, he checked the roster, and told Dougie who wouldn't work out in his system. I know Rivet had his best season with the Sharks, but he doesn't work out here. Ehrhoff is a young player with alot of talent. If he starts hitting the net more often, he will be scary.

vCash
    erhoff is trash. He is a liability defensively, and has a loose cannon of a slap shot. he hits the back boards more than being on net. He takes stupid penalties as well and puts the sharks in bad situations. I dont like it. Especially for that kind of money

vCash
    I agree about Ehrhoff taking dumb penalties, but he's still a good player, IMO.