Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    ouch....this is turning into the Cubs forum
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    I know everybody wants to talk about Beach and Aliu ..... but what about bill Sweat ... he has been having a great camp. I dont know a lot about him though .... where do u see this guy coming in guys?

vCash
    I went to the camp and I gotta say neither Beach nor Aliu looked very good.....If I would pick one right now however, it would be Aliu.

vCash
    WillyBeamon...while I don't think Sweatt will make the team this year, he has shown some great speed and offensive flashes. I don't think he will make the team this year because he has a good situation going for him in Colorado College and they have a solid team where he can develop a winning attitude and continue to develop on his skills, but the guy can flat out skate, thats for sure and well noted by the fact that you said he has had a solid camp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    Nice job jumping all over me for that comment, now its my turn to shove it down your throat. Could be the fact that I saw him play in the Prospects scrimmage yesterday. Even though he had a goal, you can see that in his skating that he has a lot of developing to do. Not to mention based on the fact that a second round pick from last year usually equals that they have a lot of developing to do. He looks lazy on the back check, playing an offensive game in the NHL is not going to be what he can do and is not going to be what keeps him in a lineup night after night. So you happy with that? Good enough for ya? What are you basing your comments off of, maybe I should ask that? Do you disagree, have you seen him in person and feel that he is ready, or are you basing it off of some writer that he is ready? If you would like to get my scouting opinion just ask nicely next time.

hey man, i wasn't meaning it to be jumping all over you. i just dont like how ppl act like they know what they are talking about. for all i know, you could be an 8 year old girl from Bangladesh. not saying you are, but i just wanted to know why you say those things. If you're going to make statements like that, back them up with some solid evidence, dont just simply state it. was that so hard?

and you asked what am i basing my comments off of... well, i never made any comments about any of them. i have never seen any of them play outside of youtube and crap like that. that is why i dont make many comments about "specific skills" and stuff. I would like to see our young guys on the team and play well, and from what i've read, it sounds like they can do just that. but i have never said "i feel this about so and so..." or something like that.

i've never said that i know it all, but i just dont like when ppl act like they do. so my bad if you took it as an insult, i just wanted clarification man...

vCash
    BOOM... thanks for the info buddy. Like ive said before, im from Canada, so i might not hear all the news and gossip but i try to keep up as much as possible.
    Well, if he (Bill Sweatt) isnt there this year, hopefully it will be soon.

I also stated before the fact of keeping Sharp with Teows and Kane. I read an article today that Savard has those intentions and really doesnt want to break those guys up. Other people have claimed that we need a big guy up there to protect the young guns and to put Sharp with Lang and Havlat.... I dunno about that. Only because Lang is not a physical guy, and we all know about Havlat. If he throughs a body check he might be out for the rest of the season (haha). So wouldent it be a similar problem on the 2nd line than. Either way, we will have a delicate line there, and why break up a great thing in Sharp, Teows and Kane. Put Buff with Lang and Havlat, and aquire a solid top 9 forward to fill in the gap.

vCash
    This is the thing about putting a big guy on a line of Toews/Kane...I don't like it. Some people consider Byfuglien a big guy, and i'd agree that he is big but he can definitely play soft at times and if someone messes with Toews/Kane...he won't exactly drop the gloves because he didn't a lot last year and I wouldn't plan on him doing it more this year. Here is the reason why we should all love Sharp on a line with Toews/Kane. Now no offense to Kane because obviously his job is to be a skilled forward, but he really still has a lot of room to develop on his defensive game. Sometimes he can be lazy back checking and not pick up his defenseman breaking in, and is soft on the boards. Sharp is widely considered one of the best two-way forwards in the league and he back checks hard (along with Toews) and plays a great defensive game as well as an offensive game. Obviously we can forgive Kane for this because he more than makes up for it on offense, but consider having Sharp out there as kind of hedging our bet.
    Also, Sharp is a finisher and playing on Kane's line should definitely help because Kane has such great vision of the ice and can make some straight up sick passes. I really think that continuing to play those three together can benefit all three of them and the team.
    Last edited by Boom!; 07-13-2008 at 10:01 AM.

vCash
    boom, i totally agree with that thought. i have never thought of it in that way, and that is a very good point to why we should put sharp with the kane/toews line.

I just think it would be cool to have our three young guns on the same line. I'm not sure how good beach is as a defender or two way guy right now, or will be in the future, but i couldnt even imagine how many points would come from that line if beach was on it.

Plus, the sharp on that line doesn't solve the roughing up kane/toews thing. And having beach play along side of them will def. solve that problem. now i'm not saying that beach will make the club out of camp, but i would love to see that someday. But either way they go, it will work out and they will play great

vCash
    I definitely agree that one day Beach could be that guy who plays on the line with them, I just think next year would be way too soon. I can see it two years down the line though. Beach right now needs to improve his foot speed and stability, check out some youtube videos of him and you can see it in his stride.

For the next year I just think Sharp brings a lot more to the table for Kane/Toews then Beach can. Also, it is widely known that young guys in their first year in the league always struggle more on the defensive side so Beach would fall into this, with Toews last year obviously being the exception because defense is and always will be part of his game.

vCash
    yes, agreed... but with that said, i still think beach should make the club as either a 3rd or 4th line winger. I don't think he has anything left to prove at the other levels. He needs to be up playing with the club and getting better the best way possible, learning by doing.

at the very least, he should start in rockford for a few weeks then be brought up. I just dont want to see him play in juniors for another year. I think that juniors wouldnt do him any good, and if anything it would hinder his progress. he needs to play at a level where he is challenged, and i really dont think he'll be challenged playing in juniors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedCUBBIEblue View Post
    yes, agreed... but with that said, i still think beach should make the club as either a 3rd or 4th line winger. I don't think he has anything left to prove at the other levels. He needs to be up playing with the club and getting better the best way possible, learning by doing.

at the very least, he should start in rockford for a few weeks then be brought up. I just dont want to see him play in juniors for another year. I think that juniors wouldnt do him any good, and if anything it would hinder his progress. he needs to play at a level where he is challenged, and i really dont think he'll be challenged playing in juniors.
    Beach still needs to improve his skating. Every scouting report I have read says he needs to work on it. I read in todays paper that Aliu is most likely the closest prospect to making the club. I originally was hoping Beach would make the team but he didnt turn any heads or shock the hell out of anyone at the prospect camp. From the way it sounds, Aliu and Sweatt may be ahead of Beach, however he is still trying to get back into shape. We should hear a lot more later.

vCash
    This is the thing with Beach, if he were to make the third line I would say go for it. If he were to make the 4th line, that would be a waste for him and his development. We don't need our 1st round pick playing 8 minutes a night when he could be playing 20 minutes at another level.
    I think Aliu and Beach are neck and neck. I think Sweatt will be going back to college so I think you can forget about him playing for the Blackhawks next year.
    In terms of Beach playing in Rockford and then being brought up. I am not too sure on the exact ruling but I am pretty sure that Beach cannot play for Rockford next year. There are age limitations and other things so for Beach it is either Juniors or the Blackhawks. Someone please correct me if I am wrong but I remember that was the situation with Patrick Kane last year. I know Aliu ended up the year at Rockford but I think he could only play for the AHL once his Junior season was done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    This is the thing with Beach, if he were to make the third line I would say go for it. If he were to make the 4th line, that would be a waste for him and his development. We don't need our 1st round pick playing 8 minutes a night when he could be playing 20 minutes at another level.
    I think Aliu and Beach are neck and neck. I think Sweatt will be going back to college so I think you can forget about him playing for the Blackhawks next year.
    In terms of Beach playing in Rockford and then being brought up. I am not too sure on the exact ruling but I am pretty sure that Beach cannot play for Rockford next year. There are age limitations and other things so for Beach it is either Juniors or the Blackhawks. Someone please correct me if I am wrong but I remember that was the situation with Patrick Kane last year. I know Aliu ended up the year at Rockford but I think he could only play for the AHL once his Junior season was done.
    Beach cant play for Rockford this year.

vCash
    the thing you have to remember with beach is that he is only i think around 12 weeks removed from surgery from his sports hernia. so his overall strength is not the greatest. i would imagine he will spend every second he can from now till camp, training his butt off to make the team.

sports hernias are a tough thing to deal with, and it takes some time to recover from. so my guess is that he was not at full strength this past week for rookie camp

vCash
    I agree that the sports hernia might be a concern in terms of where he is right now compared to where he can be. He saw his point totals fall off towards the second half of the year because he played through the injury. Should be interesting to see who wins the battles for the last few roster spots come preseason.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast