Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PHX-SOXFAN View Post
    unless you're an Iranian smoker.

I've been waiting to use that one
    What? it was a joke!
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy West View Post
    go RAIDERS
    See, now setting aside all that trivial crap about Iraq, this is where you really go astray...
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post
    See, now setting aside all that trivial crap about Iraq, this is where you really go astray...
    I knew at some point someone would say something about that

But really a fan since the early years

And if I would have just been a little more clear initially all that other stuff could have been avoided.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy West View Post
    But really a fan since the early years
    I don't know if that makes it better or worse.

I do know that if a Raiders fan and a Broncos fan are in the same room together, though, everything else at some point is going to fall by the wayside...

/off topic
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Question: how many American soldiers are still in Iraq? Also, how many have served?

vCash
    Though I don't know the answer, it's a more complex question than that. One would have to keep soldiers serving multiple duties in mind, as well.

But really, the whole "look at all the people dying" is kind of a bad anti-Iraq war argument, unless you're focusing on Iraqi civilians. The number of Americans dying is nothing compared to past wars.

A better argument might be wasted money. Just a suggestion.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    Though I don't know the answer, it's a more complex question than that. One would have to keep soldiers serving multiple duties in mind, as well.

But really, the whole "look at all the people dying" is kind of a bad anti-Iraq war argument, unless you're focusing on Iraqi civilians. The number of Americans dying is nothing compared to past wars.

A better argument might be wasted money. Just a suggestion.
    I'm appalled. Money is more important than lives? I challenge you to look the Moms, Dads, Brothers, Sisters, Children and Wives of more than 4,000 of our dead and tell them, "A better argument might be wasted money."

If I say anymore about that post I'll be banned. Very sadly, I know it isn't baiting, it's what BB5 actually believes.

vCash
    Well it's kinda a fact. (An actual fact, not a "McCain's not a US citizen because Alex Jones' readers say so" fact.)

Compared to any other war we've fought, the current Iraq war has lost very few citizens. Now it's sad that some of our best die while some of our worst sit at home at criticize their efforts (that's not a shot at you, moonman), but that's what happens in a war. It's inevitable.

But what's different about this war compared to most wars we've fought (other than less deaths occuring, of course) is the incredible amount of money spent per day. That's the cost of the modern day war of course. And with the increase in reliance on technology/robotics, it'll only get more expensive.

And maybe this isn't politically correct, but **** it. 10-20 years after we leave Iraq, I'm not gonna be sad about every single soldier we lost in Iraq. Sure, we could follow the "one death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic" crowd, but I'll be more concerned about the effect on our economy.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    ^^^^First BB5, neither I or the vast majority of Americans against this war have criticized the troops. We advocate against the policy not the troops. and we don't play hypocrite about it by voting against or vetoing bills that do support our troops. So the very least you can do while put your wallet ahead of your neighbor's kid is at least get that much friggin' straight.

As to your admission that you fear your taxes will be higher more than you regret the loss of life of even one more troop well...I won't criticize you because a heart that would advocate such as that is to be pitied, not criticized.

vCash
    1) I never said a majority of people criticized the troops. You're not really good at putting words in people's mouths, but that's okay.

2) The economic long term future of this country is more important than one life. Yes, in a perfect world no one would die in war, but we don't live in a perfect world.

3) Who said anything about taxes? That's the least of our economic long term worries.

RIP Jesse Helms

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345